Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Check Down Champ

LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited November 2023 in College Football Forum

The stats simple do not lie.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I saw a stat today that Nix only has 17 completions on the year going further than 20 yards. Daniels has 20 TD passes going longer than 20 yards
  • Options

I saw a stat today that Nix only has 17 completions on the year going further than 20 yards. Daniels has 20 TD passes going longer than 20 yards

Look up. It’s says 22.
  • Options

I know this was supposed to be a huge own, but those stats are pretty impressive. Pull stats for Penix, Williams, etc. I doubt they’re that much different as far as completion percentages. I doubt there are many guys completing 70% 20+ yards downfield. 28% seems high for passes behind the LOS, but it’s not like he sucks throwing it downfield. Fuck Nix, and fuck Oregon, but still.

It is impressive. But the stats are HEAVILY skewed with 28% of his passes behind the line of scrimmage. Only 11% is more than 20 yard passes.
  • Options
    IslandDawgIslandDawg Member Posts: 60
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Are there stats when he chokes in big games?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

I know this was supposed to be a huge own, but those stats are pretty impressive. Pull stats for Penix, Williams, etc. I doubt they’re that much different as far as completion percentages. I doubt there are many guys completing 70% 20+ yards downfield. 28% seems high for passes behind the LOS, but it’s not like he sucks throwing it downfield. Fuck Nix, and fuck Oregon, but still.

It is impressive. But the stats are HEAVILY skewed with 28% of his passes behind the line of scrimmage. Only 11% is more than 20 yard passes.
    I agree, 28% seems really high. Penix is probably under 10%, maybe under 5%. If Penix and Grubb did a better job taking what the defense gave them like Oregon, we’d probably be number 1 or 2, as we’d have blown the shit out of ASU, Stanford, and OSU. The ASU and Stanford games are the reason we’re barely in the top 4. Penix also would have half his INTs, more yards, more TDs, and probably would have already locked up the Heisman.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He hits people in stride on time every play. He is good and consistent. No hate on nix. He is way better than last year.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Reading data can be hard. Keep trying
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Nix is 3rd lowest of all P5 QBs on depth of pass at an average of 7 yards. Use some stats to prove me wrong or prove your point.
  • Options

He hits people in stride on time every play. He is good and consistent. No hate on nix. He is way better than last year.

This is true.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2023
    LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

Nix is 3rd lowest of all P5 QBs on depth of pass at an average of 7 yards. Use some stats to prove me wrong or prove your point.
    No one is disputing that. Thinking that the data you presented makes him look like some check down artist though just shows you can’t interpret data correctly. Your brethren already called you out nicely for it
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

No one is disputing that. Thinking that the data you presented makes him look like some check down artist though just shows you can’t interpret data correctly. Your brethren already called you out nicely for it
    Nearly 1/3 of all passes behind the line of scrimmage and 3rd lowest depth of passes of all P5 QBs at 7 yards. This is undisputed. I guess we are interpreting data differently. Happens every day. I agree Nix hits receivers in stride and is massively improved. But he’s still the check down champ. If that makes him win, what’s wrong with that? How is there a need to defend that if the stats are not in dispute?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

Nearly 1/3 of all passes behind the line of scrimmage and 3rd lowest depth of passes of all P5 QBs at 7 yards. This is undisputed. I guess we are interpreting data differently. Happens every day. I agree Nix hits receivers in stride and is massively improved. But he’s still the check down champ. If that makes him win, what’s wrong with that? How is there a need to defend that if the stats are not in dispute?
    My argument would be. Isn’t it a good thing that a QB takes exactly what the defense gives him almost every time?
  • Options

LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

My argument would be. Isn’t it a good thing that a QB takes exactly what the defense gives him almost every time?
    That’s what I basically said in what you quoted me saying. Wish we would do that a bit more. Doesn’t change the fact he’s the checkdown champ. No one is doing it better.