Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

4th down conversions

2»

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TheHB said:

I’ve sold myself on Penix being much better in warm weather. May not have been the case so much last year, but his best games this year have come with room temps.

Probably a dumbass theory, but I’m sticking to it.

He will look much better Friday.

He wasn’t great in the Alamo Dome last year, but still.
    Kwait's D is good against passing teams. Look at all the Leach Apple Cups

Kwait struggles against teams that run the ball or use their TEs, like Shaw.

Since Grubb doesn't know we have TEs, we just ran it and Taulapapa had the 2nd best game of his career
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

I think you're on the right track. I'm worried about Oregon because their team looks fantastic and they've bulldozed all of their league competition.

If I'm a duck fan, I'm worried about UW because there is some logic-defying voodoo at play that can't be explained by anything observable. And you're playing the most talented QB in college football. And while he might be irreparably broken at this point, he also might be entirely capable of pulling his head out of his ass and catching fire again.

This captures my thoughts well. I think Oregon is better, but UW owns them (us?) mentally right now. We make mistakes v UW (missed reads on 4th, fumbling on the 1 yard line last year) that we don’t make against anyone else. UW’s D clutch gene has something to do with it, but at this point it’s also mental

I feel like all the pressure is on Oregon and especially on Nix and Lanning.

UW needs to either jump on top and stay there or keep it close to keep that mental pressure on Oregon.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The fascinating aspect to this matchup is both coaches have been there before.

DeBoner with his 15-0 seasons in Sioux Falls or wherever.
    Lanning as the DC at Georgia for their 14-1 2021 Natty (which lost the SECCG).

DeBoer was the actual leader of the team, but the level of comp wasn't the same.
    Lanning was the co-leader of the defense.

No idea who's experience translates better.