Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Worst 12-0 team of my lifetime....

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
....but it is impossible to accidently be 12-0.

An impartial person would have the Ducks as 2 touchdown favorites. They have been playing great. We have been playing terribly. But, I'll say it again, winning ugly is harder than winning easy. Polk needs to get over the yips, Grubb needs to clean some shit up, and Penix needs to get out of his own head, then go play them tough as hell. Win and it's a magical season team of destiny type shit, lose and it's the UCLA game that we still bitch about 30 years later. Either way it ends in Vegas.

No matter what I have enjoyed the hell out of this season. 12-0 is fun as shit in the moment. Beats a 7 win ceiling under Sark.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It all depends how they compete against Oregon.

If they get blown out this whole season takes a different look.

Yeah then the only salvation is to go win the Peach Bowl or whatever the fuck against Texas.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Also, why the fuck are UW and Oregon taking partial shares from the B1G? We are 2 of the 3 best teams they have in the whole fucking conference this year. They should be paying us more than Rutgers and Maryland year fucking 1. I'd renegotiate. This is bullshit.

They had leverage. We’re good, but we were in danger of being stuck in the PAC and having to raid the mountain west to have a full conference. We bring a lot to the table, but the B1G still held all the cards. I agree it’s bullshit, especially considering SC and UCLA get full shares, but I get why it happened.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Also, why the fuck are UW and Oregon taking partial shares from the B1G? We are 2 of the 3 best teams they have in the whole fucking conference this year. They should be paying us more than Rutgers and Maryland year fucking 1. I'd renegotiate. This is bullshit.

UW and Oregon are on the road to relegation. oregon will probably survive though, because they will keep caring about football. cant say the same about washington.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

It all depends how they compete against Oregon.

If they get blown out this whole season takes a different look.

Yeah then the only salvation is to go win the Peach Bowl or whatever the fuck against Texas.
    Hard to win without your QB and best WR not playing. I mean I can't imagine either one or possibly 2-3 others play in a meaningless bowel game.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

I'll probably off myself if we lose, gladly volunteering as Friday sacrifice tribute.

Yeah, I have considered the loss scenario and it goes up toward the top of the all time bad beats for the program. I mean we are playing for the playoffs. All the marbles, against our most hated rival. Even with a loss we still end up in NY6 bowel and a chance to hoist REAL hardware and WIN something that matters, but it will somehow still feel like failure with what could have been.

We need Penix to have a "This is Sparta" moment and will this team to victory.
    Like the shitty little rose bowl of yester years.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Swaye said:

UW and Oregon are on the road to relegation. oregon will probably survive though, because they will keep caring about football. cant say the same about washington.
    Most don't want to admit this but years like this at UW only come around once or twice in 30 years. Being in the B10 won't help that in fact it will be worse.
  • Options
    Founders Club

phineas said:

Swaye said:

Am I being whooshed? Football Prez, Football AD, winning football coach. UW started caring about football again just in tim. Get that NIL pot robust and UW football will be in with the best of college football.
    I hope you're right but I just don't see it.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,539
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What about Hawaii in 2007?