Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Worst 12-0 team of my lifetime....

2»

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

So after smoking copius amounts of weed and having a philosophical reflection last night I can't decide if this team is one of 2 things:

1. Really talented but playing down to the level of the opponents

2. Actually not that great but coaches have gotten the absolute most of them this season

I am sure the answer is somewhere in the middle but extremes are fun. It's hard to argue that they don't have talent with guys like Odunze who should be a top 10 pick at this point, Faunty (I like to call him that), and Trice who could all be 1st round picks. Defense has a few dudes too like Tuli, Breuner, and Muhammed Jihad... but the overall depth feels extremely thin and lacking compared to the other top tier teams.

At the end of the day this team is 12-0 and that is all that matters at this point. Just have to take it one game at a time from here. Worst case scenario is a NY6 bowl game at this point against a good opponent. Best case scenario being a miracle run to the natty. If I am getting upset over that, then it is a GOOD place to be.

Good post and yes the answer is in the middle. Combine that with key guys battling injuries (Penix for some weeks now, McMillan until yesterday, and DJ's knee may be barking at him again).

For as poorly as Lake and his staff recruited / whiffed on guys, I can't believe the depth isn't worse. It's a testament to DeBoer and his staff having a great eye for non 5-star talent in the high school and portal ranks. For instance, starting Center Matteo Mele is lost for the season and RS-Frosh Brailsford steps right in. Or Cam Davis going out for the season and Dillon Johnson stepping right in. McMillan getting hurt saw Bernard and Denzel Boston step up.

On D, Tuli has been banged up (only played a few snaps in the 4th quarter yesterday but will probably be good for 25 against Oregon) and thankfully Tuitele and Bandes are left from CP's last class. Jayvon Parker has played some snaps and looked decent enough as a true soph.

Trice may have gotten a stinger so RS-Frosh Lance Holtzclaw came in for him....LH promptly sacked Ward on his first play in.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Speaking of Holtzclaw … hi!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Also, why the fuck are UW and Oregon taking partial shares from the B1G? We are 2 of the 3 best teams they have in the whole fucking conference this year. They should be paying us more than Rutgers and Maryland year fucking 1. I'd renegotiate. This is bullshit.

I said that on Fagbook like four months ago and I was assured by a Doog (who doesn't like me much) that Cohen did a great job, and we'd get a full share in 2035 or whenever the hell it is.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023

RoadTrip said:

phineas said:

Swaye said:

Also, why the fuck are UW and Oregon taking partial shares from the B1G? We are 2 of the 3 best teams they have in the whole fucking conference this year. They should be paying us more than Rutgers and Maryland year fucking 1. I'd renegotiate. This is bullshit.

UW and Oregon are on the road to relegation. oregon will probably survive though, because they will keep caring about football. cant say the same about washington.
    Am I being whooshed? Football Prez, Football AD, winning football coach. UW started caring about football again just in tim. Get that NIL pot robust and UW football will be in with the best of college football.
    I hope you're right but I just don't see it.
    The way things will be next year UW can go 10-2 in a loaded B1G and probably make a 12 team playoff. Shit, at 9-3 and with the right wins and close losses they may have a shot some years. It’s a new era and I think UW is poised to be a consistent part of it. Get in the playoff, get on a heater and see what happens. This “gotta be perfect or it’s over” bullshit is done.
    Agree with this other than gotta be perfect being bullshit.

That’s what college football is. (Was)

The absolute glory and utter suicidal disgust is what made it what it is.

The playoffs will be fine. I’m looking forward to it in some respect. But it’s not our game.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

phineas said:

Swaye said:

UW and Oregon are on the road to relegation. oregon will probably survive though, because they will keep caring about football. cant say the same about washington.
    Am I being whooshed? Football Prez, Football AD, winning football coach. UW started caring about football again just in tim. Get that NIL pot robust and UW football will be in with the best of college football.
    The way things will be next year UW can go 10-2 in a loaded B1G and probably make a 12 team playoff. Shit, at 9-3 and with the right wins and close losses they may have a shot some years. It’s a new era and I think UW is poised to be a consistent part of it. Get in the playoff, get on a heater and see what happens. This “gotta be perfect or it’s over” bullshit is done.

The playoffs will be fine. I’m looking forward to it in some respect. But it’s not our game.
    UW goes B2B in 90 and 91 if there is a playoff and UCLA never haunts my dreams again. I’m looking forward to a playoff.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

RoadTrip said:

phineas said:

Swaye said:

UW goes B2B in 90 and 91 if there is a playoff and UCLA never haunts my dreams again. I’m looking forward to a playoff.
    Nightmares are part of the charm.