Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix Shoulder From an NFL Perspective

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Didn't this happen with Chris Polk? We all were surprised he wasn't drafted, and when he wasn't, it was reported that he had a degenerative shoulder condition, which none of us had heard before, and even Chris Polk denied.

Always thought that was strange, and wondered how NFL scouts obtain such information. Do they just assume an injury *might* be degenerative and therefore it's not worth the risk?
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Didn't this happen with Chris Polk? We all were surprised he wasn't drafted, and when he wasn't, it was reported that he had a degenerative shoulder condition, which none of us had heard before, and even Chris Polk denied.

Always thought that was strange, and wondered how NFL scouts obtain such information. Do they just assume an injury *might* be degenerative and therefore it's not worth the risk?

I assumed that came up at the combine.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

vadawg said:

Was talking with a family member yesterday during Turkey Day. He’s a scout for the NY Football Giants. Word in the NFL circles is that Penix has a degenerative shoulder injury. I’d never heard this but, he was pretty adamant and his team is steering away from Penix as a prospect.

Anyone else heard this rumor? Thoughts

color me shocked the giants have a shit scouting department.
    Not true. They nailed the Daniel jones pick and then rewarded him handsomely with that well earned contract.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

So play him 4 years or whatever on a rookie contract.

As long as he gets a second contract my doog heart will rest easy.
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Polk had multiple shoulder surgeries in college. I think he dislocated it a few times too. He also just put a ton of miles on his body the way he ran. I don’t think it was a big surprise that the NFL had injury concerns.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    CatGut said:

Polk had multiple shoulder surgeries in college. I think he dislocated it a few times too. He also just put a ton of miles on his body the way he ran. I don’t think it was a big surprise that the NFL had injury concerns.
    This. He always had some kind of brace apparatus on one of his shoulders, you could see it halfway down his bicep.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The 3/4/sidearm delivery is more the issue.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Calling bs on this.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No wonder the giants are so good with a scouting department that has info like this prior to the combine
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    If I was Penix, a negative evaluation from the Giants seems like a good luck charm.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

LOL at the outrage directed at a dumb rumor posted here, as if NFL scouts are getting their information on Penix's medicals from an anonymous poster on this site.

You’ve just described 81% of all the poasts on this site.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wow, I can taste the hate! LOL

I’ve been around a while so not so “anonymous”.

I’ll double down on this one……My brother in law, who is a coach for the Gators has heard the same thing. Different side of the family so the 2 don’t have communications.

And the scout for the Giants is as legit as you get….he knows talent.

I hope this is all a bunch of shit, for Penix’ sake. I’d still take a flyer on him as well.

Fire away!;)
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After todays performance, you cant tell me something’s not right with him. So fuck yourselves…i trust family.

We’re going to get rolled next week.