Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix Shoulder From an NFL Perspective

vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
Swaye's Wigwam
Was talking with a family member yesterday during Turkey Day. He’s a scout for the NY Football Giants. Word in the NFL circles is that Penix has a degenerative shoulder injury. I’d never heard this but, he was pretty adamant and his team is steering away from Penix as a prospect.

Anyone else heard this rumor? Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023
    I don’t understand
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023
    vadawg said:

Was talking with a family member yesterday during Turkey Day. He’s a scout for the NY Football Giants. Word in the NFL circles is that Penix has a degenerative shoulder injury. I’d never heard this but, he was pretty adamant and his team is steering away from Penix as a prospect.

Delete this dumbshit. Why even put it out there . Markell crashed a motorcycle during his rookie year. That’s a different story
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

At least 25% of the league would be stupid to not take a flyer on him considering the drek QB they trot out every week. 3-4 years of him and and above avg D and you’re a playoff contender.

NFL decision makers are dumb fucks.

I can appreciate not using a 1st round pick on Penix cause of the injury history. But man, seems like a pretty low risk proposition to take him in the second or third.
    If someone like Geno Smith can have a long career in the NFL, Penix certainly should be able to.

Then again, I’m not an NFL scout or a guy named Kiper so what do I know.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This! Fans that watch players for 3-4 seasons know about guys potential than the losers in the NFL. Their egos get in the way time and again. The QB evaluations are horrid. For instance, Zach Wilson.

At least 25% of the league would be stupid to not take a flyer on him considering the drek QB they trot out every week. 3-4 years of him and and above avg D and you’re a playoff contender.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,540
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

I can appreciate not using a 1st round pick on Penix cause of the injury history. But man, seems like a pretty low risk proposition to take him in the second or third.
    If someone like Geno Smith can have a long career in the NFL, Penix certainly should be able to.

Then again, I’m not an NFL scout or a guy named Kiper so what do I know.
    The only thing I see holding back Penix is injury. Especially with how many dud QBs are starting games.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    vadawg said:

Fuck off for posting this here. I wouldn’t have a problem with it in the wam, but you shouldn’t be putting shit like that on the main board.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tell your “family member” he sucks at his job. I’d rather shoot myself in the knee caps instead of watching the Giants. Shit organization and shit team.

vadawg said:

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Penix probably doesn’t go top 5-10 but a team like Minnesota picking in the late teens or early 20s could take a swing on him.

I call absolute BS on the shoulder thing. It doesn’t show up at all in his play.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Penix probably doesn’t go top 5-10 but a team like Minnesota picking in the late teens or early 20s could take a swing on him.

I call absolute BS on the shoulder thing. It doesn’t show up at all in his play.

his delivery looks funny, but the ball gets there with ease
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So play him 4 years or whatever on a rookie contract.