Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

McMillan

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Second Round Pick as a Sophomore. Meaning he will be the highest pick ever at Washington to come out as an underclassman.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Second Round Pick as a Sophomore. Meaning he will be the highest pick ever at Washington to come out as an underclassman.

we've had an underclassmen go #1 but still.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    Coaches need to evaluate McMillan based on the Apple Cup. If he’s actually back, then give him the reps/throws against Oregon. If not, put Germie and Giles in there.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2023

Sophomore? Have to love the misinformation. Steve came out as a Junior. That’s not an underclassman but still
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club

HFNY said:

Lack of reps, muscle memory. He can’t catch the ball right now

He needs more time in college if he can’t handle the beavers when it’s wet.
    Not a popular opinion but Polk played himself out of being a second day pick. All the bullshit he talked and then he played like dog shit. Rome played himself into maybe the first receiver picked.
    It was one game, dude
    What’s your point. NFL plays in bad weather. Was he a second day pick? I’ve yet to see him as a second round pick on any major mock drafts.
    That was cold and wet and uw was stupid to be throwing heat seeking missiles down the field. Nobody was catching with their hands consistently if at all. Romes big catches were on body too. Still impressive, but not the same as trying to snag a heater extended in the air. He is not losing draft status. His hands are his best asset.
    Grubb needs to call an easy slant or out for him. Just catch the ball after a 5 or 7 yard route and get it out of his system.
    Maybe a fucking screen pass...
    Yes. Give him the ball and let his body override his mind.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Sophomore? Have to love the misinformation. Steve came out as a Junior. That’s not an underclassman but still
    My fault. But Byron Murphy was a soph. Polk also has two redshirts. Unless he falls apart he gone. Academically he should be a senior.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,937 Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

Not a popular opinion but Polk played himself out of being a second day pick. All the bullshit he talked and then he played like dog shit. Rome played himself into maybe the first receiver picked.
    It was one game, dude
    What’s your point. NFL plays in bad weather. Was he a second day pick? I’ve yet to see him as a second round pick on any major mock drafts.
    That was cold and wet and uw was stupid to be throwing heat seeking missiles down the field. Nobody was catching with their hands consistently if at all. Romes big catches were on body too. Still impressive, but not the same as trying to snag a heater extended in the air. He is not losing draft status. His hands are his best asset.
    Grubb needs to call an easy slant or out for him. Just catch the ball after a 5 or 7 yard route and get it out of his system.
    Maybe a fucking screen pass...
    I just realized...he's trying to keep the screen game under wraps for the big games.

Or not. The idea occurred to me though.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    Remember all the drops against Tulsa? Our receivers looked like total shit in that game.

They’re fine. The only question is McMillan’s knee.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,932 Founders Club
    HFNY said:

It was one game, dude
    He had that opportunity against Stanford and dropped it. That was pre-knee brace so I’m optimistic a simple route/throw/catch opportunity will be successful against the Cuog
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,417 Founders Club
    Sometime I should put together Stalin's All-Time "I was First on a Player" Team

QB Jake Haener
    WR Ja'Lynn Polk
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TheHB said:

dnc said:

My fault. But Byron Murphy was a soph. Polk also has two redshirts. Unless he falls apart he gone. Academically he should be a senior.

McDuffie was a first round pick as a sophomore
    And what a great pick that was.
    He went TOO LOW
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam
    I still shake my head that UW has really not had many DBs play for Seattle during the Pete Carroll era. All these studs, right in his backyard, and Carroll is a DB guy. Is it Carroll's stupid "step kick" thing?

I know Sydney Jones was there for a while, but he was broken by the time he played in the NFL.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163

Sometime I should put together Stalin's All-Time "I was First on a Player" Team

QB Jake Haener
    WR Ja'Lynn Polk

Stalin is claiming #myPolk now?! Pretty sure I was in on him early last season and was heavily fluffing him early this year.