Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    So starting WRs next year will probably be Jackson, Bernard, and Boston. That Boise State guy in the portal would be a nice fit too.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Damn. Was hoping it was going to be Elijah Jackson.

Nice to see some intelligent roster management. Preserving a year of Giles eligibility could end up being super important. I could see coaches saying "well, we need him in there to win" and then burning his redshirt by putting him in for 5 snaps

Makes sense, and I believe there's a new rule that players redshirting can play in the postseason, so he could be in the CCG and bowl(s)
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612

HFNY said:

So starting WRs next year will probably be Jackson, Bernard, and Boston. That Boise State guy in the portal would be a nice fit too.

McMillan knee will start next year.
    That would be ideal, he gets to be the #1 guy and improve his draft stock while UW has a veteran WR return to bridge the gap to the young guys.

I wonder how much he'd get in NIL money to stick around. $100 to $150k? The budget should be there for a DT, Edge, and LB in the portal.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 826 Founders Club

Nice to see some intelligent roster management. Preserving a year of Giles eligibility could end up being super important. I could see coaches saying "well, we need him in there to win" and then burning his redshirt by putting him in for 5 snaps

Makes sense, and I believe there's a new rule that players redshirting can play in the postseason, so he could be in the CCG and bowl(s)
    Facts

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,972 Founders Club

This was my reaction until I realized it meant having another entire year of Elijah
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 787
    chuck said:

It was only one play but he made a great play against the Beav to squeak out a first down. He should be an asset next year.

That was a clutch catch. I'm not a Giles believer but he does catch the balls that he should catch.
    If he were 2” taller he’d have caught the bomb at SC.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,613 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

I remember when they burned the redshirt of Cody Bruns.

Does Bruns still have some eligibility with the new rules?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

McMillan knee will start next year.
    That would be ideal, he gets to be the #1 guy and improve his draft stock while UW has a veteran WR return to bridge the gap to the young guys.

I wonder how much he'd get in NIL money to stick around. $100 to $150k? The budget should be there for a DT, Edge, and LB in the portal.
    A lot more than that.