Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rome > Reggie

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Reggie was more athletically talented and physically dominant, but Odunze is not far behind in that regard. He also plays smarter, and seems to have more of those general receiver or "football player" skills that guys like Steve Largent and Jerry Rice had. Not saying Odunze is the next Jerry Rice, just that Reggie seemed to mostly rely on his athletic talent, whereas Odunze does not.

Both are all-time Husky greats. If I had to pick, I'm on board with Odunze. That catch he made to seal the victory was incredibly clutch. It was contested, it was rainy, it was thrown into a tight window...He's a fucking hero.

This kids has delivered in every game, even in the abomination of the ASU game. Where investigation into grubb for point shaving was warranted
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Reggie was more athletically talented and physically dominant, but Odunze is not far behind in that regard. He also plays smarter, and seems to have more of those general receiver or "football player" skills that guys like Steve Largent and Jerry Rice had. Not saying Odunze is the next Jerry Rice, just that Reggie seemed to mostly rely on his athletic talent, whereas Odunze does not.

Both are all-time Husky greats. If I had to pick, I'm on board with Odunze. That catch he made to seal the victory was incredibly clutch. It was contested, it was rainy, it was thrown into a tight window...He's a fucking hero.

Reggie’s a little bigger, but he’s not really more athletically talented. Rome is faster.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,994
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Reggie’s a little bigger, but he’s not really more athletically talented. Rome is faster.
    Is Rome really faster? For some reason I thought Williams was this cheetah and Rome was a gazelle… both fast. Williams loos faster in comparison or is that just my old eyes playing tricks on me?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Reggie was drafted top-10 before receivers became the second most important players on the field. He would be insane on this team with Penix throwing to him. Rome is also great and seems to have "it" beyond whatever his metrics are.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Paul Skansi would like a word…☝️
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Rome really faster? For some reason I thought Williams was this cheetah and Rome was a gazelle… both fast. Williams loos faster in comparison or is that just my old eyes playing tricks on me?
    I think he's right that Odunze beats Reggie in a sprint, however Reggie had a rare burst for any size and was more of a threat to take a short throw to the house.

I saw Reggie do some dumb obstacle course against the two other Williams in that draft (Roy and Mike). I think it was prior to the draft. I was excited watching the other two guys look pretty slow at itz thinking that Reggie was going to blow their doors off. Instead he looked like an OL running and was so out of shape he barely finished the course.

I had a bad feeling about the direction he was headed, and that turned out to be right. Too bad. Rome isn't going to have those issues.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Think back to the Rome punt return against Cal. Didn't look fast. Left everyone in the dust

I remember a Paul Arnold punt return that was similar. Didn't look fast, but he dusted everyone. Efficient stride I suppose...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club

Think back to the Rome punt return against Cal. Didn't look fast. Left everyone in the dust

I remember a Paul Arnold punt return that was similar. Didn't look fast, but he dusted everyone. Efficient stride I suppose...
    #myLancers
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

#myLancers
    He was really an O’Dea product. Can’t believe a team with Paul Arnold, Mario Sweet, Carlos Pierre Antoine, Kyle Benn, and Nate Burleson didn’t win state that year.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club

#myLancers
    He was really an O’Dea product. Can’t believe a team with Paul Arnold, Mario Sweet, Carlos Pierre Antoine, Kyle Benn, and Nate Burleson didn’t win state that year.
    Huh?

He’s got a place of honor in the #myLancers trophy case.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember Reggie's big thing was being able to take slants for a touchdown on any play. Seems like no one runs slants anymore though. Anyone know why?
  • Options
    Founders Club

I did not know this.

In my defense, this was the early internet era and I was living in @SECDAWG’s part of the country.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Reggie's biggest accomplishments were destroying Trufant in the 2001 and 2002 Apple Cups. He faded once the team fell apart under Gilbertson.

He destroyed an all pro corner.
    Were you even born yet Fudgie?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Reggie's biggest accomplishments were destroying Trufant in the 2001 and 2002 Apple Cups. He faded once the team fell apart under Gilbertson.

He destroyed an all pro corner.
    Were you even born yet Fudgie?
    I remember Marcus Trufant playing for the Seahawks as early as 04. My UW memory starts in 2006/2007.