Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Was doing some meditating this morning

2»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    pawz said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

I mean, it was almost 40 years ago. But still
    I get it that virtually all of our best post season wins are more than 20 years in the rearview mirror, but god damned it, pods, beating #2 Barry Switzer in the Orange Bowl beats any single win the Duck's have ever had.
    I liked beating the #2 defending national champions and defending Heisman trophy winner in the same game.

By a lot.
    How many players had FSU lost in the draft?

My good buddy the late Trevor Moawad (look him up) told me Jimbo confided in him they were playing with house money. But congrats on the consolation. Your brother OBK posted pics of the consolation trophy. MANY Tims.

Personally, my perennial ESPN fantasy baseball champ virtual trophies I won back in the mid late 90s when I used to waste tim doing that shit were more impressive. But whom am I to piss on your one moment in tim?
    One could argue Rus has never been the same.

Sad. Seriously.

Yep. Trev was a great dude. Russ totally used him
  • Options

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

I get it that virtually all of our best post season wins are more than 20 years in the rearview mirror, but god damned it, pods, beating #2 Barry Switzer in the Orange Bowl beats any single win the Duck's have ever had.
    Even Dad who was harder on James than @RaceBannon was Doogin it up after the Orange Bowl win. I was in Pasadena for the 92 win against Michigan but quite honestly the 85 Orange Bowl win as huge underdawgs felt better in the moment (pre-vote). @RaceBannon, what say you?
  • Options
    pawz said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

I liked beating the #2 defending national champions and defending Heisman trophy winner in the same game.

By a lot.

My good buddy the late Trevor Moawad (look him up) told me Jimbo confided in him they were playing with house money. But congrats on the consolation. Your brother OBK posted pics of the consolation trophy. MANY Tims.

Personally, my perennial ESPN fantasy baseball champ virtual trophies I won back in the mid late 90s when I used to waste tim doing that shit were more impressive. But whom am I to piss on your one moment in tim?
    One could argue Rus has never been the same.

Sad. Seriously.

Love you, Trev
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

Even Dad who was harder on James than @RaceBannon was Doogin it up after the Orange Bowl win. I was in Pasadena for the 92 win against Michigan but quite honestly the 85 Orange Bowl win as huge underdawgs felt better in the moment (pre-vote). @RaceBannon, what say you?
    The Orange Bowl was my last as a single guy. We had a blast. And beating 80s Oklahoma was awesome. Ask @creepycoug who his Canes had to go through
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.

Undefeated, national champion with Heisman trophy winner at quarterback.

Those are just the facts.

You beat a team that lost to Kansas in front of 27,000 screaming Jayhawks.

Both are good wins and neither are miles apart from each other.

It’s really not that big of a deal.

• Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.

It’s really not that big of a deal.

Agreed
  • Options
    TheHB said:

Just the fact that it was the fucking Orange Bowl which, for those of us on the West Coast, was the cool night game on New Year’s Day. It was the capper.

And the nation was all over the Boz bullshit and UW was given little chance to beat the mighty Sooners.

But UW punched those fuckers in the mouth and you could tell that Oklahoma was not ready for these fuckheads from Southern Alaska.

It wasn’t like it was a runaway win or anything, but UW was the better team that night. Outside of the ‘92 Rose Bowl and what that meant, the ‘85 Orange Bowl is the best memory I have of UW football.

If we're going to bash the Boz, then I'm out.

Can we just embrace Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy gargling DJs @Ballz, Dan Ernessee and Tim Meamber fucking some shit up. Good God almighty, it was GLORIUS
  • Options
    edited November 2023

BYU's best win that year was versus a 6-5 (at the time) Michigan team. It was probably the worst team Blow had ever coached (too lazy to look it up). sPitt was 3-8 that year. BYU played nobody. Hang the fucking banner. We were robbed. The voters never recognized WAC/MW trash before or since. Fuck them.

It was a GOOD Michigan team with one JimHarbaugh at QB before the injuries kicked in. Recall, that was a big win for us? in a packed BigHouse. Millen to Pattinson for the deep ball. It was part of the Pod opener I produced before DJ fired me without explanation. Anywho, that Michigan squad quit down the stretch and had ZERO interest playing against a WAC/Mt West Mormon squad.

We still lost to a GOOD but not great SC Team.

Again, I didn't count 84 as a NATTY until the 2023 Duck faithful convinced me otherwise