Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Was doing some meditating this morning

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
I've never been in the 84 Natty camp. We lost to SC and BYU was undefeated.

But after weeks of reading Duck fans essays on why Oregon>Washington despite the loss. Margin of victory against common opponents. Displays of dominance. The only loss was on the road against a GOOD but not great team (like the 84 SC game? 😉) I've had a change of heart and one I'm sure even @MikeSeaver must agree with

After some perspective, HANG THE FUCKING BANNER! 2 Natties, 1.5 at minimum. Pump my gas!
@MikeSeaver @46XiJCAB @trublue

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Absolutely #rattled.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    UW should absolutely HTB for 1984.
  • Options

Absolutely #rattled.

I mean, it was almost 40 years ago. But still
  • Options

60, 84, 91

Fuck off zeros

Bakery, one random newspaper, champions.

That’s just the truth.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

I get it that virtually all of our best post season wins are more than 20 years in the rearview mirror, but god damned it, pods, beating #2 Barry Switzer in the Orange Bowl beats any single win the Duck's have ever had.
    I liked beating the #2 defending national champions and defending Heisman trophy winner in the same game.

By a lot.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

I get it that virtually all of our best post season wins are more than 20 years in the rearview mirror, but god damned it, pods, beating #2 Barry Switzer in the Orange Bowl beats any single win the Duck's have ever had.
    I liked beating the #2 defending national champions and defending Heisman trophy winner in the same game.

By a lot.
    And then losing

• Options

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    And then losing

By a lot.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    And then losing

The only qualification was “Any single win.”

I didn’t make the rules.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    That was a great win for Oregon. No means, No.

But still that FSU team was soft as shit despite being undefeated and defending champs.

Jimbo wasn't a great coach as evidenced by recent events. Barry Switzer on the other hand, well....
  • Options

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    Barry Switzer on the other hand, well....
    Lost to Kansas that year?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    And then beat #1 Nebraska in Lincoln and #3 Okie State in Bedlam. 1984 OU was a GREAT team.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    And then beat #1 Nebraska in Lincoln and #3 Okie State in Bedlam. 1984 OU was a GREAT team.
    Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying 9-2-1 OU wasn’t a great team.

I’m just saying other people might say that a team that failed to win 3 of its 12 games MIGHT not have been an all timer.

I have mad respect for you all going out to Miami and beating them though.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    Mike just read the headline. Sad.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying 9-2-1 OU wasn’t a great team.

I’m just saying other people might say that a team that failed to win 3 of its 12 games MIGHT not have been an all timer.

I have mad respect for you all going out to Miami and beating them though.
    They we're 9-1-1 before they played Washington. The tie was against #1 Texas.

1 win and 1 tie in the same season against the #1 teams in the country ain't too shabby.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    How many players had FSU lost in the draft?

My good buddy the late Trevor Moawad (look him up) told me Jimbo confided in him they were playing with house money. But congrats on the consolation. Your brother OBK posted pics of the consolation trophy. MANY Tims.

Personally, my perennial ESPN fantasy baseball champ virtual trophies I won back in the mid late 90s when I used to waste tim doing that shit were more impressive. But whom am I to piss on your one moment in tim?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Absolutely #rattled.

By a lot.
    How many players had FSU lost in the draft?

My good buddy the late Trevor Moawad (look him up) told me Jimbo confided in him they were playing with house money. But congrats on the consolation. Your brother OBK posted pics of the consolation trophy. MANY Tims.

Personally, my perennial ESPN fantasy baseball champ virtual trophies I won back in the mid late 90s when I used to waste tim doing that shit were more impressive. But whom am I to piss on your one moment in tim?
    One could argue Rus has never been the same.

Sad. Seriously.