Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trojan Slowdown... Husky Marching Band (1993-94 / Bill Bissell)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Inject some humor back into the band
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023
    I remember in 2002, Carroll’s first year at USC, we’d heard that USC always intends to be the last band out of a stadium. The Husky Band, refusing to let this happen, kept playing until all fans had left and it was just they and the USC band playing to an empty Husky Stadium.

Who was last to leave? I’ll let you come to your own conclusion. ;)
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I remember when the wave started in Husky stadium. I remember that
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,130
    edited November 2023

When I was in middle school my parents picked up a UW Marching Band CD from the UW Bookstore and they’d always play it before the family piled into the car to make the drive to Seattle.

My mother especially loved the “Trojan Slowdown” track, often cackling with glee, “Fuck you USC!” at the end.

So I always smile and think of her when I hear it.

Brad is big on optics for the band, especially these days. I didn’t know/meet Bissell, but I talk to many who did. I can only surmise he cared far less and that the band was less visible to the masses.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

When I was in middle school my parents picked up a UW Marching Band CD from the UW Bookstore and they’d always play it before the family piled into the car to make the drive to Seattle.

My mother especially loved the “Trojan Slowdown” track, often cackling with glee, “Fuck you USC!” at the end.

Brad is big on optics for the band, especially these days. I didn’t know/meet Bissell, but I talk to many who did. I can only surmise he cared far less and that the band was less visible to the masses.
    Sometime you should write a post about Bissell stories you've heard. I'd love to read that.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Husky classy.