Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Abortion rights wins again

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,402
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Those that still don't get it will continue to wonder at the loss of power.

Reps got creamed last night in what should have been a slaughter of the rats. Not one thing going for rats, not one, other than the abortion draw.

As the 2024 election cycle draws near, you will see the rats relying on this one issue, over and over and over again. Right now as we speak, they are writing ballot measures in the other 49 states and will be trying to get them on all state side ballots.

That one ruling by the SC has profoundly affected our entire country.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And it will work. The SC ruling was correct. It’s just the religious right can’t help themselves. RepublicansFS.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,077
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Reps got creamed last night in what should have been a slaughter of the rats. Not one thing going for rats, not one, other than the abortion draw.

As the 2024 election cycle draws near, you will see the rats relying on this one issue, over and over and over again. Right now as we speak, they are writing ballot measures in the other 49 states and will be trying to get them on all state side ballots.

I underestimated this effect last year. I assumed that people would rather not be serfs as a top priority. You were first and right.
  • Options
    SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 195
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If this is the mindset of the American people, we deserve what we are about to get.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Once all the states legalize it that should be it?

The gop delivers on one promise in 60 years to get abortion back to the states and it dooms them

Like Bob said if that's what's important to people then we're pretty much fucked

Lot of chatter about rigged elections last night

Abortion drives turn out fraud suppresses it

Glad I'm old

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    They've given it to the states. Allowing the evil, stupid people to murder their children. Evil stupid people will have fewer kids. Beginning of the end for the party of Satan? A loss or a win?

They will all burn in hell for it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The gop delivers on one promise in 60 years to get abortion back to the states and it dooms them

Like Bob said if that's what's important to people then we're pretty much fucked

Glad I'm old

Was having dinner with my lesbian realtor cousin a couple weeks ago. She generally does quite well, but was complaining abut interest rates drying up her and everyone's work at the moment. I reminded her that she has voted for those sharp increases in rates. She said she votes purely on abortion rights (as a lesbian).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The gave it to the states and the red states went full retard.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

@DeSantisDawg?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149

Reps got creamed last night in what should have been a slaughter of the rats. Not one thing going for the rats, not one, other than the abortion draw.

Weird. Election results suggest there isn’t anything going for the other guys either.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Reps got creamed last night in what should have been a slaughter of the rats. Not one thing going for the rats, not one, other than the abortion draw.

Weird. Election results suggest there isn’t anything going for the other guys either.
    Must be foreign policy or the economy that democrats have going for them. If I missed something else let me know.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

@DeSantisDawg?
    I’m hearing he’s a moderate and rational voice that can win a national election.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

@DeSantisDawg?
    I’m hearing he’s a moderate and rational voice that can win a national election.
    Exactly, yesterday was a big loss for the Younkin, Ron types.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,388
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

I underestimated this effect last year. I assumed that people would rather not be serfs as a top priority. You were first and right.
    Yeah he nailed it unfortunately.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ron-desantis-donald-trump-robert-bigelow/2023/11/08/id/1141480/

Ron DeSantis' biggest donor for the 2024 presidential race is considering withdrawing his support for the Florida governor and backing former President Donald Trump.

"I've got to look at who would probably be the strongest commander, with the most experience ... And that's only one guy," real estate mogul Robert Bigelow told the Financial Times in an interview published Wednesday.

"Who would you want as a commander?" Bigelow asked. "I'd want somebody that would be a hell of an ass kicker if he needed to be. On the face of it, you lean toward Trump."

Bigelow, who this year gave $20 million to the DeSantis-aligned super PAC Never Back Down, said that he changed his mind partly because Hamas' Oct. 7 attack on Israel showed him that the United States needs a "streetwise" leader like Trump. He also slammed a six-week abortion bill in Florida that DeSantis signed into law in April.

"Six weeks, she just found out she's pregnant, the odds are," Bigelow told the Times. "It's a sham. It's make-believe. It's condescending."

Once saying he would "go without food" to support DeSantis' presidential ambitions, Bigelow said that the Florida governor has become too focused on "conservatism." Trump, by comparison, is more socially moderate, he said</
    Edit this is me

The GOP has to be the alternative to the left on the economy, energy, and the border

They need to embrace making America great again instead of being embarrassed and passing 5 week abortion laws
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    Reasonable people accept a first trimester timeline. They may not like the concept of aborting a child but if push comes to shove, 3 months is a helluva lot better than seconds before entering the birth canal which is what this all or nothing showdown is causing.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

Reasonable people accept a first trimester timeline. They may not like the concept of aborting a child but if push comes to shove, 3 months is a helluva lot better than seconds before entering the birth canal which is what this all or nothing showdown is causing.

Agreed, but due to the fact that the GOP is stupid, they've taken a position that a huge majority supports, limits on abortion after the 1st 3 months, and turned it into a liability by allowing the Rats to cast that as "taking away your rights."

The country is gone anyway. I welcome our new Chinese overlords.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Glad I'm old

States where Dems control the issue are perversely incentivized to not put abortion protections in to law. Half of their party is based upon the threat of abortion rights being taken from them.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    edited November 2023
    Bob_C said:

MelloDawg said:

Must be foreign policy or the economy that democrats have going for them. If I missed something else let me know.
    I have bad news for you in terms of the number of people whose vote is predicated on foreign policy.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Bob_C said:

MelloDawg said:

I have bad news for you in terms of the number of people whose vote is predicated on foreign policy.
    I agree. People are voting for abortion and nothing else. If you disagree you are free to name what that something else is.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Bob_C said:

MelloDawg said:

I like paying 6 dollars a gallon for gas so some slut can off her baby at 8 months

Pretty sure Hamas is against abortion