Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The awesome reality of the Pac-12

2»

Comments

• Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

Freeman is totally bad ass. He'll surpass James as one of the best Oregon running backs ever, if not the best of all time.

If he stays healthy, he's going to be great. I've already called for him to be the started on TOS.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

IT FUCKING SUCKS THIS YEAR!!!!

Here is the cool part though; everyone said it was supposed to be tough before the season starts!!!!

The fucking Cal Bears are the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference.

Mariota or not Oregon is winning the Pac-12 with its eyes closed and it's not because they are just that good
    Peterman is already in the clubhouse with a two shot lead for "flop hire of the year"
    Leach will be chasing Owen Twelve
    Cal finishes second in the North
    Stanford will only win about eight games this year
    The Beavs will finish 3rd

Sark wins the south with ease, pool boy looks dumb, Pat HaydenFS loses the FS
    UCLA is a shit heel, half brains live up to their name
    ASU finishes 2nd, which will be their permanent location for years to come
    Utah sucks
    Colorado sucks
    UA are the Beavs of the South

I think Oregon drops one somewhere, but they bring the conference trophy back to Eugene.

I'm on record to tell you right now, UCLA is going to destroy us in a few weeks. That is one of the two losses I have marked down. We will then lose another one late in the year, because we always do.
    Deluded fucking numbskull. Have you seen UCLA this year? I fully expect you to be cheerleading for them too so you can be right. Fag.
    You know the script. However, I think you have amnesia regarding the game last year. It was tied at 14 until about 2:00 minutes left in the third quarter. Our offense was not moving the football. We are not going to be able to do that in the Rose Bowl. Let's also not forget Kendricks and Jack have a year together, and the defensive line is better than you think. This was the one game I was most worried about, then we just have to wait for the November shitter. We'll still win the Pac 12 North with 2 losses, because the Pac 12 is a shit show. HTH
    If Oregon plays with the heart it did on Saturday the shitshow in UCLA will be brought to a grinding halt. No Zumwalt. No dice.

Oregon didn't play with anymore effort in the second half than they did in the first. They just changed to a Cover 2 so the corners could help contain and free up an extra backer for the run and they brought 4 or 5 on passing downs instead of 3.

Offensively they started giving the ball to Freeman more when Tyner went out with a shoulder injury. You'll notice Tyner and Marshall weren't doing shit as ball carriers. Freeman was ripping off 6 yards a pop and break aways. The WR's getting free was going on all game long.

Don Pellum getting out of his own way and giving the ball to the best running back is what changed the game. The kids played hard start to finish.
    This one is going on eDuck.

Hint - Don Pellum doesn't coach the offense.
    Only your retarded ass took this as Pellum coaching offense you stupid fuck. Go back to internet stalking people that are better than you in every aspect of life, hamster dick.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    PDXDuckFan is not smart

This is not news to anyone
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

PDXDuckFan is not smart

This is not news to anyone

This board is "Duck Half Brains." We're all on the short bus, Corky.

• Options
    you really don't belong here, at all
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

you really don't belong here, at all

You keep saying this, yet here I am.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Here is the cool part though; everyone said it was supposed to be tough before the season starts!!!!

Mariota or not Oregon is winning the Pac-12 with its eyes closed and it's not because they are just that good
    Peterman is already in the clubhouse with a two shot lead for "flop hire of the year"

Utah sucks
    Colorado sucks

I think Oregon drops one somewhere, but they bring the conference trophy back to Eugene.

I'm on record to tell you right now, UCLA is going to destroy us in a few weeks. That is one of the two losses I have marked down. We will then lose another one late in the year, because we always do.
    Deluded fucking numbskull. Have you seen UCLA this year? I fully expect you to be cheerleading for them too so you can be right. Fag.
    You know the script. However, I think you have amnesia regarding the game last year. It was tied at 14 until about 2:00 minutes left in the third quarter. Our offense was not moving the football. We are not going to be able to do that in the Rose Bowl. Let's also not forget Kendricks and Jack have a year together, and the defensive line is better than you think. This was the one game I was most worried about, then we just have to wait for the November shitter. We'll still win the Pac 12 North with 2 losses, because the Pac 12 is a shit show. HTH
    If Oregon plays with the heart it did on Saturday the shitshow in UCLA will be brought to a grinding halt. No Zumwalt. No dice.

Oregon didn't play with anymore effort in the second half than they did in the first. They just changed to a Cover 2 so the corners could help contain and free up an extra backer for the run and they brought 4 or 5 on passing downs instead of 3.

Offensively they started giving the ball to Freeman more when Tyner went out with a shoulder injury. You'll notice Tyner and Marshall weren't doing shit as ball carriers. Freeman was ripping off 6 yards a pop and break aways. The WR's getting free was going on all game long.

Don Pellum getting out of his own way and giving the ball to the best running back is what changed the game. The kids played hard start to finish.
    This one is going on eDuck.

Hint - Don Pellum doesn't coach the offense.
    Thank you Pressy Presserton.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Mosster47 said:

Utah sucks
    Colorado sucks

Bump!!

Yep, I've seen them
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    OP is like.. 81% wrong so far.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Mosster47 said:

Utah sucks
    Colorado sucks

Bump!!

Yep, I've seen them
    Whatever you are, you're the opposite of a quook, but its also not good. Go wank your stick to Mora. It's only one fucking game. Kind of like that one fucking game where we killed Michigan State. Oh but you forgot that already, didn't you?
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Utah sucks
    Colorado sucks

Bump!!

Yep, I've seen them
    Whatever you are, you're the opposite of a quook, but its also not good. Go wank your stick to Mora. It's only one fucking game. Kind of like that one fucking game where we killed Michigan State. Oh but you forgot that already, didn't you?
    If you think a second half comeback and a 1:30 left padding touchdown is killing a team, then you are a much bigger quook than I thought. Take off the goggles and get some perspective
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Mosster47 said:

Utah sucks
    Colorado sucks

Bump!!

Yep, I've seen them
    If you think a second half comeback and a 1:30 left padding touchdown is killing a team, then you are a much bigger quook than I thought. Take off the goggles and get some perspective
    If he takes off the googles, he might get some in his eyes.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2014
    mobey said:

Mosster47 said:

Utah sucks
    Colorado sucks

Bump!!

Yep, I've seen them
    If he takes off the googles, he might get some in his eyes.

Carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes.
  • Options
    I think that Oregon won't fall apart under Helfrich, in part because this staff has been here doing the same things for 20 years. There's also the possibility that these guys figure things out and do better than last year. It helps that Mariota has dramatically stepped up this year so far. The 2005 Texas NC team had more to do with Vince Young putting the team on his back than anything Mack Brown or Greg Davis did.

I get a little weary of the "we suck now that Kelly is gone crowd" because that case isn't really supported by the available evidence. I think don's shitty game plan was to rush three against Wazzu all game, and it kind of worked, so we won.

I am disturbed by our shitty linebackers.

We're the team to beat until someone beats us (someone beat Stanford already).

• Options
    edited September 2014
    AZDuck said:

I think that Oregon won't fall apart under Helfrich, in part because this staff has been here doing the same things for 20 years. There's also the possibility that these guys figure things out and do better than last year. It helps that Mariota has dramatically stepped up this year so far. The 2005 Texas NC team had more to do with Vince Young putting the team on his back than anything Mack Brown or Greg Davis did.

I get a little weary of the "we suck now that Kelly is gone crowd" because that case isn't really supported by the available evidence. I think don's shitty game plan was to rush three against Wazzu all game, and it kind of worked, so we won.

Agreed, but it's kind of hard to keep Mariota healthy when our patchwork offensive line is giving up 7 sacks to a "powerhouse" WSU defensive front. If WSU can do that to them, what do you think Washington, UCLA, Stanford, and Utah are going to do to them? At this rate, Mariota won't make it through October.

And yes, our linebackers are complete shit. We have easily the worst linebackers in the Pac12. I feel bad for Derrick Malone's triceps having to pick himself off the ground every single play, and he's supposed to be the unit leader. I think the 170 pound soaking wet Charles Nelson is a better option at linebacker than anybody else on our entire roster, which is pathetic.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

Agreed, but it's kind of hard to keep Mariota healthy when our patchwork offensive line is giving up 7 sacks to a "powerhouse" WSU defensive front. If WSU can do that to them, what do you think Washington, UCLA, Stanford, and Utah are going to do to them? At this rate, Mariota won't make it through October.

And yes, our linebackers are complete shit. We have easily the worst linebackers in the Pac12. I feel bad for Derrick Malone's triceps having to pick himself off the ground every single play, and he's supposed to be the unit leader. I think the 170 pound soaking wet Charles Nelson is a better option at linebacker than anybody else on our entire roster, which is pathetic.
    Who?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

AZDuck said:

Joe Walker has been very good this year. The rest of them....not so much.