Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You're Running Out Of Time (Bitcoin)

Comments

• Options
    BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,093
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Im just gonna throw it out there...
    even with all the manipulation of PSLV...$30 an ounce for silver is going to be cheap if you can get it....(for the kind you hold your hand)
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Blueduck said:

even with all the manipulation of PSLV...$30 an ounce for silver is going to be cheap if you can get it....(for the kind you hold your hand)

Why? My broker has been trying to pimp silver for 30 years. It finally went from $9 to $24 but why do you see it spiking again?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,948
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Question for the Bitcoin folks. When they shut down the internet and all data how does one spend it? How does one use it to buy things if the sellers are not bitcoin literate?

That’s where I’m at. Government could shut this down in a number of ways if it felt the need or desire to do so. Wake me up when you can pay your taxes in bitcoin without converting.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,823
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023
    I have silver. Gold coins would be too valuable and you'd have to cut a weigh. No bueno. IIRC didn't Canada shut down the truckers bitcoin as well as bank accounts.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Funny how everyone hoards Bitcoin but doesn’t use it to make transactions except outside the shady strip mall barbershop that’s probably a front for the mob. They hold it because number go up. The psychology of Bitcoin is fascinating. I can’t wait for all the in-depth documentaries one day.

We are in the golden age of fraud and I’m here for the lulz.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Why? My broker has been trying to pimp silver for 30 years. It finally went from $9 to $24 but why do you see it spiking again?

Silver is being held down artificially by a shell game.
    There is more PSLV traded than physical ounces available at any given point.
    This will not go on forever!

When (not if) the fiat dollar is worthless due to hyperinflation and crypto cannot be accessed, silver and gold will be the default currency.

Storing a portion of your money in physical metal is an insurance plan.

@Sledog is 100% correct, Gold even by the gram is too big for simple transactions.
    Constitutional silver coins (90% silver)will be easy to trade for everyday goods and its good to have some ounces of silver bullion for larger stuffs.

• Options
    Blueduck said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

When (not if) the fiat dollar is worthless due to hyperinflation and crypto cannot be accessed, silver and gold will be the default currency.

@Sledog is 100% correct, Gold even by the gram is too big for simple transactions.
    Constitutional silver coins (90% silver)will be easy to trade for everyday goods and its good to have some ounces of silver bullion for larger stuffs.

I buy 1oz silver eagles made by the US mint. Monster boxes are nice.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,498
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gonverments can go after the servers any time they want to.

The original creator didn't want his identity exposed for a reason.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sledog said:

Blueduck said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

What is the premium you pay on those?
    Do you order direct?

I go to the local coin shops smaller jewelry shops and pawn shops whenever I can and usually pick up 1 oz bullion rounds a dollar or 2 over spot. Sometimes they have good deals on 10 oz bars and some nice collectables.
    It's getting harder to find the eagles in the small shops.... they sell out almost as fast as they get those in.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Blueduck said:

Sledog said:

Blueduck said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Do you order direct?

I go to the local coin shops smaller jewelry shops and pawn shops whenever I can and usually pick up 1 oz bullion rounds a dollar or 2 over spot. Sometimes they have good deals on 10 oz bars and some nice collectables.
    It's getting harder to find the eagles in the small shops.... they sell out almost as fast as they get those in.

I haven't bought any in a while. I will be buying more soon though. I had a place I could buy them easily in Kali. Now I would probably order from a reputable online retailer.

I don't do rounds and bars. I have no way of knowing if they are really silver and neither does anyone else. Silver Eagles are from the U.S. Mint and everyone knows exactly what they are. That is why there is a premium on Silver Eagles IMO.

I have other valuable trade goods. Lets just say, lead will make my bread.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sledog said:

Blueduck said:

Sledog said:

Blueduck said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Do you order direct?

I haven't bought any in a while. I will be buying more soon though. I had a place I could buy them easily in Kali. Now I would probably order from a reputable online retailer.

I don't do rounds and bars. I have no way of knowing if they are really silver and neither does anyone else. Silver Eagles are from the U.S. Mint and everyone knows exactly what they are. That is why there is a premium on Silver Eagles IMO.

I have other valuable trade goods. Lets just say, lead will make my bread.
    I make no argument against Silver Eagles quality and leadership in value...except the pricey premiums added......They are the standard in minted silver coins. No question about it but they are also the first thing to go and they are also the #1 most faked. ..for those same reason

I do disagree with you on rounds and bars.
    There are specifications, weights, guidelines available for reference and simple tests you can do on top of knowing you are dealing with a reputable dealer to be sure of what you are getting is real silver.
    There are always fakes so its a good practice to familiarize yourself with testing and knowing what to look for..

Rounds and bars come from suppliers like Jm bullion Monex, Comex and many other reputable dealers with a guarantee and at a lower premium vs the Eagles.
    They are not minted coins but they are usually more available and you can get 10-100-1000 oz bars and kilos along with bulk rounds.

If bullion isn't appealing, Circulated pre 1965 90% halves quarters and dimes can had in bulk, they are reasonably priced and not in short supply yet.
    I believe they will be the easiest to use in a situation where crypto and fiat are not available.

Lead and actual barter with goods may rule the day in a SHTF situation.
    Best not to have all your eggs in one basket is probably the best plan.

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023

Funny how everyone hoards Bitcoin but doesn’t use it to make transactions except outside the shady strip mall barbershop that’s probably a front for the mob. They hold it because number go up. The psychology of Bitcoin is fascinating. I can’t wait for all the in-depth documentaries one day.

I offered to donate to Derek with it. Not saying it isn't shady, but I'm not hoarding it.

@DerekJohnson offer still stands, I can pay on lightning or on chain. Shoot me an invoice ⚡️
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club

I offered to donate to Derek with it. Not saying it isn't shady, but I'm not hoarding it.

@DerekJohnson offer still stands, I can pay on lightning or on chain. Shoot me an invoice ⚡️
    Oh you said you could send BTC or mail a check, so I gave you the mailing address. I wasn't sure you were fully serious out BTC.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Question for the Bitcoin folks. When they shut down the internet and all data how does one spend it? How does one use it to buy things if the sellers are not bitcoin literate?

There is something called the blockchain which is a peer-to-peer network of hundreds of thousands of nodes (computers) throughout the world recording blocks of info every ten minutes, 24/7. If we're taking this to the extreme, if they shut down the internet and all electricity for ten years, Bitcoin would remain dormant. The moment electricity is restored to even one computer, the blockchain starts up again. We're being extreme in our examples here, but I answered your question nonetheless.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Actually I just woke up from a nap and I didn't read your question clearly.

Well, how is one going to do anything if they shut down the internet or electricity? You're already dependent on the internet to access your Bank of America account or wherever you bank. They're already limiting the cash you can withdraw from your own accounts.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I got a little excited for a moment through my blurry eyes seeing all the posts thinking conversation was stimulated, but I see that was not the case.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023

Oh you said you could send BTC or mail a check, so I gave you the mailing address. I wasn't sure you were fully serious out BTC.
    My bad. Meant to infer that BTC was the preferred method since it doesn't involve stamps and shit. Should see the donation in your cash app now. Enjoy the shadowy programmer money on drugs or whatever 😂
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,498
    Swaye's Wigwam

I got a little excited for a moment through my blurry eyes seeing all the posts thinking conversation was stimulated, but I see that was not the case.

It's not about the Internet, it's about servers and legislation.

If people could stick a device into a slot to pay for whatever they wanted, anywhere, then that is a different story.

Momentum died with 2020/covid and all the shit coins.
  • Options
    IIRC Canada shut off the truckers bitcoin. Makes it jusr like a credit card or any other non cash method of payment if they can do that.