Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac-12 Power Rankings Week 9

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

haie said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

1. Oregon - They play really well. Outside of Texas Tech it really seems like they've played their best game every game unlike our friends in Seattle. They are really healthy. Nix getting better in his fifth full season of college football and doing it without having to straight up run as much. Schedule looks pretty friendly from here.
    2. Washington - Something is up with this team the past two weeks. Does it matter? No idea. I still think if they can get healthy (especially Penix), they're the best team in the conference, even with their questionable defense.
    3. Arizona - Really didn't see this coming. They're at worst just as good as anyone below Oregon and Washington and neither of those teams would be stoked to play them right now, especially in Tucson. UW's win over them in Tucson looks really good right now.
    4. Oregon State - Typical Jonathan Smith team now that runs the ball really well and plays solid defense. Will be hard for them to win big games though with their lack of explosion at skill positions.
    5. Utah - Their lack of athleticism and injuries have probably caught up with them. Gotta remember they got bullied by the Beavs a few weeks ago and got hyped up by barely beating a reeling USC team.
    6. USC - This team and program is at a crossroads. Feels like UW is the game where they either officially quit or they rise up and see if they can take out UW and Oregon in the next two weeks.
    7. UCLA - They're fine. They probably finish 8-4 and are a pretty shitty 8-4 team.
    8. Cal - All the teams are pretty much the same at this point. Feel like they at least won't quit under Wilcox.
    9. Colorado - PRIME candidate to quit down the stretch. They're only probably winnable game is in Pullman on a Friday night in mid-November. Boy that's going to be fun.
    10. Arizona State - They may have put things together during the bye week and will at least be trouble down the stretch, even though they have a nightmare schedule. Interesting to see how they do at Utah this week.
    11. Washington State - Weird weird weird meltdown from them. Good chance they finish as the worst team in the conference. Have to assume Cam Ward plays his last season somewhere else next year.
    12. Stanford - I think they're going to keep getting better.

UW—should be 1

Ucla—would put above usc and Utah.

The rest makes sense

Agreed. Oregon can prove it on the field, so go when head to head.
    I think the problem is me relapsing and getting on Twitter. There's some good Oregon fans on there with the same sentiment. What's worse is the trolly Pac-12 fans on there with no dog in fight trolling UW and the media cheerleader types and that wannabe Jim Rome Pate State hack who are trumpeting Oregon as not only better than UW but better than Georgia now practically.
    I like Oregon’s roster more but UW is better where it matters most…QB, WR and OT.

Two things that give me pause about UW vs Oregon: 1) I saw your defense improve game over game last year and it’s uneven this year. Something is off but I can’t put my finger on it. 2) Oregon can neutralize your advantage if they use Nix’s legs and they should not hold back in the CCG.
    Nix won't use his legs for a school he doesn't give a fuck about.
    Go cry.
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    haie said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

1. Oregon - They play really well. Outside of Texas Tech it really seems like they've played their best game every game unlike our friends in Seattle. They are really healthy. Nix getting better in his fifth full season of college football and doing it without having to straight up run as much. Schedule looks pretty friendly from here.
    2. Washington - Something is up with this team the past two weeks. Does it matter? No idea. I still think if they can get healthy (especially Penix), they're the best team in the conference, even with their questionable defense.
    3. Arizona - Really didn't see this coming. They're at worst just as good as anyone below Oregon and Washington and neither of those teams would be stoked to play them right now, especially in Tucson. UW's win over them in Tucson looks really good right now.
    4. Oregon State - Typical Jonathan Smith team now that runs the ball really well and plays solid defense. Will be hard for them to win big games though with their lack of explosion at skill positions.
    5. Utah - Their lack of athleticism and injuries have probably caught up with them. Gotta remember they got bullied by the Beavs a few weeks ago and got hyped up by barely beating a reeling USC team.
    6. USC - This team and program is at a crossroads. Feels like UW is the game where they either officially quit or they rise up and see if they can take out UW and Oregon in the next two weeks.
    7. UCLA - They're fine. They probably finish 8-4 and are a pretty shitty 8-4 team.
    8. Cal - All the teams are pretty much the same at this point. Feel like they at least won't quit under Wilcox.
    9. Colorado - PRIME candidate to quit down the stretch. They're only probably winnable game is in Pullman on a Friday night in mid-November. Boy that's going to be fun.
    10. Arizona State - They may have put things together during the bye week and will at least be trouble down the stretch, even though they have a nightmare schedule. Interesting to see how they do at Utah this week.
    11. Washington State - Weird weird weird meltdown from them. Good chance they finish as the worst team in the conference. Have to assume Cam Ward plays his last season somewhere else next year.

UW—should be 1

The rest makes sense

I think the problem is me relapsing and getting on Twitter. There's some good Oregon fans on there with the same sentiment. What's worse is the trolly Pac-12 fans on there with no dog in fight trolling UW and the media cheerleader types and that wannabe Jim Rome Pate State hack who are trumpeting Oregon as not only better than UW but better than Georgia now practically.
    I like Oregon’s roster more but UW is better where it matters most…QB, WR and OT.

Two things that give me pause about UW vs Oregon: 1) I saw your defense improve game over game last year and it’s uneven this year. Something is off but I can’t put my finger on it. 2) Oregon can neutralize your advantage if they use Nix’s legs and they should not hold back in the CCG.
    Go cry.
    I said that UW deserved the #1 spot in the power ranking - head-to-head and all. That said, Oregon didn't get beat in every facet of the game nor would this be anything but a pick'em game on a neutral field. The way the analytics are trending, Oregon is probably a slight favorite. That's just reality.
    bisonduck said:

haie said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

UW—should be 1

The rest makes sense

Go cry.
    I said that UW deserved the #1 spot in the power ranking - head-to-head and all. That said, Oregon didn't get beat in every facet of the game nor would this be anything but a pick'em game on a neutral field. The way the analytics are trending, Oregon is probably a slight favorite. That's just reality.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,300 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

bisonduck said:

haie said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

UW—should be 1

The rest makes sense

Go cry.
    If I’m correct most of the sentiment I saw from UW fans was Uw played kind of shitty but still won. Haven’t seen anyone dooging hard enough to say all facets of the game especially considering they lost the turnover battle 1-0 and Oregon ran for more yards and per carry.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club

iDawg said:

Until 1 and 2 play each other…there is no way of knowing which team is better

RIP @iDawg
    At least he's been lurking while eating his bagel in the morning
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club
    haie said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

UW—should be 1

The rest makes sense

Haie STOp
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,691 Standard Supporter

Oregon's best game wasn't good enough to beat a subpar UW game.

I'd love to see UW's A game vs Oregon's A game. Sadly, I think we're too beat to shit to play our A game through early December.

If I was voting in an actual poll that matters I'd vote UW over Oregon. Oregon's win at Utah is getting overblown. Would I take that over UW's games against Stanford and ASU? Hell yeah. But Utah is likely trash and got steamrolled by the Beav (though in Corvallis) a few weeks ago. Game was 21-0 until the final minutes.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm very concerned about a rematch with Oregon. Part of me feels like their depth gives them and edge over 13 games vs beat to hell UW.

But Bucky, Bo, or Troy could get dinged up too.

There's still an element of luck to all this.
    In a Bizarro World I could see the ducks losing to SC & the Beav and be left out of the Pac12 champ game
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 935
    haie said:

I would put Stanford and Arizona State over Wazzu and Colorado.

Lol
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,152
    flatus said:

haie said:

Lol
    Check out the pac 12 standings. None of those four teams are better than 11th in the conference. This Haie post actually has some validity.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    Sagarin's PAC12 rankings has the ducks well above the UW

and UW a one point favorite over SC this weekend

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

Might as well not even play the games then.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,816 Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

To be fair, the 27k rabid trooj fans are going to be as challenging as the elevation. Thanks @EsophagealFeces for the science.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,597
    LebamDawg said:

Sagarin is your source???
    flatus said:

haie said:

Lol
    Was this sarcasm? Stanford beat Colorado in Boulder. ASU easily beat WSU. Momentum certainly points to both of those teams closing stronger than Colorado and WSU. I think ASU is going to get better each week. Hopefully they beat Oregon in November.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam

flatus said:

haie said:

Lol
    Was this sarcasm? Stanford beat Colorado in Boulder. ASU easily beat WSU. Momentum certainly points to both of those teams closing stronger than Colorado and WSU. I think ASU is going to get better each week. Hopefully they beat Oregon in November.
    Brando and Tillman thought ASU was ready to compete for championships.
    TheHB said:

flatus said:

haie said:

Lol
    Brando and Tillman thought ASU was ready to compete for championships.
    I really believe ASU will close strong but the problem is their schedule is really really really hard. They could improve to being a middle of teh conference team and still lose out.
    edited October 2023
    flatus said:

haie said:

Lol
    Imagine being this butthurt about the fact that your glorious Colorado and Wazzu beatdowns actually meant nothing.

Up Next: Utah
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,671 Founders Club
    I wouldn't want to play ASU in the desert this November

From 7 points off 4 turnovers to 38 points on WSU is quite a bounce

I think their D is legit if not quite as great as UW made it look.

Trap game for the ducks
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    edited October 2023

I wouldn't want to play ASU in the desert this November

From 7 points off 4 turnovers to 38 points on WSU is quite a bounce

I think their D is legit if not quite as great as UW made it look.

Trap game for the ducks

Their offense is trash and Oregon is built to beat that defense.