Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I hate watching this team

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
And I hated watching 2000 UW too

3 point win over a 3-8 CU
6 point win over a 6-6 ASU
12 point win over a 3-8 Cal
3 point win over a 5-6 Stanford
3 point win over a 5-6 Arizona
7 point win over 6-6 UCLA

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2023
    Disagree. I loved watching Tui’s comeback wins. This team should be much better and showed it for a few flashes and steps on its dick over and over and over. So many times to put games away but go 3 and out or turn it over instead. How many TOs do we have in the red zone now?

And I don’t recall any significant expectations going into 2000
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Disagree. I loved watching Tui’s comeback wins. This team should be much better and showed it for a few flashes and steps on its dick over and over and over. So many times to put games away but go 3 and out or turn it over instead. How many TOs do we have in the red zone now?

Like I said I hate watching this team.

I also hate having to come from behind against shitty teams.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club
    Last night felt like a repeat of the Arizona game.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,341
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

2000 was ranked top 20 preseason and was favored to win the conference.

These moral losses are killing me too but we’ve had 2 score leads in all games except ASU. It would be nice if we would do something when we have the chance to put the game away.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    This team has a largely one dimensional offense, patty cake lines, and a defense that can't tackle for shit. They somewhat remind me of the 1998 fighting Bob Toledo's at UCLA, except DeShaun Foster.

The 2000 Huskies had a lot of nasty in them (thanks Lambo), they could be physically dominant, even beat one of the most talented college football teams of all time. That is NOT this team. This team has a gunslinger and some very talented wide receivers. When there is pass protection, they are a legitimate threat to pull off a string of big plays and in general they don't quit, good traits. But they're not going to intimidate, physically dominate, grind out the clock, or work over any semi worthy opponent. A team like Alabama or Georgia would likely kick their nuts in. Edit: Even Oregon might kick their nuts in if they play again.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This team has a largely one dimensional offense, patty cake lines, and a defense that can't tackle for shit. They somewhat remind me of the 1998 fighting Bob Toledo's at UCLA, except DeShaun Foster.

The 2000 Huskies had a lot of nasty in them (thanks Lambo), they could be physically dominant, even beat one of the most talented college football teams of all time. That is NOT this team. This team has a gunslinger and some very talented wide receivers. When there is pass protection, they are a legitimate threat to pull off a string of big plays and in general they don't quit, good traits. But they're not going to intimidate, physically dominate, grind out the clock, or work over any semi worthy opponent. A team like Alabama or Georgia would likely kick their nuts in. Edit: Even Oregon might kick their nuts in if they play again.

Georgia would obviously kick our nuts in, but Alabama is a retarded inbred version of their former selves.

Being Pat Hill TUFF is overrated - see Utah.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Georgia would obviously kick our nuts in, but Alabama is a retarded inbred version of their former selves.

Disagree on Alabama NOT kicking our? nuts in. Not Pat Hill TUFF, they are physical and appear to be gelling, they would give this Husky sqwad fits.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m in let it play out mode on which team I hate more. 2000 may have had more nasty on the lines but they had a shit ton of nail biters against shit to mediocre teams. If 2023 can’t win the Pac then we’ll have our answer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree on Alabama NOT kicking our? nuts in. Not Pat Hill TUFF, they are physical and appear to be gelling, they would give this Husky sqwad fits.
    Alabama would out-athlete UW, rather easily.
    Agree. But messiah QBs can make things interesting.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Maybe this team is ‘97 incarnate. Tons of talent, banged up physically. They’ll finally be healthy for the bowl game and destroy a middling opponent.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

They have no focus, too much pot and thinking of their fat butt girlfriends

@DerekJohnson Can we get a fat butt girlfriends board?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

They have no focus, too much pot and thinking of their fat butt girlfriends

@DerekJohnson Can we get a fat butt girlfriends board?
    Fat bottomed girls you make 2023 Washington go down.