Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Paranoid, Bankrupt and 7-0

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,075
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited October 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
The boys dissect, joke, analyze and kvetch over UW's desultory win over ASU Saturday night. Washington somehow retained its #5 ranking in the AP poll. Credit to @LoneStarDawg for this week's episode title. @ThomasFremont is on the receiving end of AI Pup's wrath this week in the show's open.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/Paranoid--bankrupt--and-7-0-e2atjnj

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Thanks for the pod, pods.

@DerekJohnson i think I called for DeBoor to be fired last week. First, right.

I tend to agree with @JoeEDangerously , the tackling problem is more a result of inadequate talent on that side of ball. First & foremost, lack of speed, when a player can’t physically get into position, tackling is gonna be shit. Second, strength & conditioning. Slow, tired & weak, relative to competition.

I also agree with me, pod
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    My comment about DeBoer becoming a broadcaster because he's not having fun anymore was a joke and Petersen reference

But yes, I'm also smoking crack
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The play on the 2 pt conversion: isn't that what we ran successfully against Cal last year? And of course it was called genius on the TV call last year.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

My comment about DeBoer becoming a broadcaster because he's not having fun anymore was a joke and Petersen reference

Crack is whack.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks for answering my question, you hammerheads.

Obviously I'm speaking from the prospective of a fan that was spooked by yesterday's results - while I've calmed down considerably and am not asking for DeBoer to be fired (shame on you @GrundleStiltzkin), I do think we? drop a game this season to Utah or the Beav as you suggested, Derek.

Should such a thing come to pass, I will demand the immediate ban of @89ute or @BennyBeaver. They won't be in our? conference next year anyway.

XXOO, and good pod, pods,

DDJ
  • Options
    Founders Club

I should have picked up on that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tackling isn't really something you just teach. You can improve it but it's a talent in the same way that throwing accuracy is.

Budda Baker is an elite tackler. His contract reflects that. You can't just teach what he does.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Tackling isn't really something you just teach. You can improve it but it's a talent in the same way that throwing accuracy is.

Budda Baker is an elite tackler. His contract reflects that. You can't just teach what he does.

Your first sentence is contradicted immediately by your second sentence.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Okay.

Nevermind.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Obviously I'm speaking from the prospective of a fan that was spooked by yesterday's results - while I've calmed down considerably and am not asking for DeBoer to be fired (shame on you @GrundleStiltzkin), I do think we? drop a game this season to Utah or the Beav as you suggested, Derek.

Should such a thing come to pass, I will demand the immediate ban of @89ute or @BennyBeaver. They won't be in our? conference next year anyway.

DDJ

Hurtful.

Interestingly, our coach is emphatic that expansion is not over and this is not the end. This is interesting because he never speculates.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    89ute said:

DDJ

Hurtful.

Interestingly, our coach is emphatic that expansion is not over and this is not the end. This is interesting because he never speculates.
    I was kidding of course. I could never quit you, @89ute.

Yeah, I agree Whittingham. We’ll have another round of realignment at some point.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Nah I think he's correct. Coaching can teach bad tacklers how to tackle in practice and how to make the easy ones...hitting guys who are held up, popping a guy pinned to the sidelines etc.

You can't take a guy who just doesn't get it and expect him to ever be really good at it though. It's an instinctive process to cut off angles, break down properly so you're ready to launch but also able to go to either side, and time the hit. Muhammad has it, Baker, Gordon and McDuffie had it. Too many of the current DBs don't.

I think that's kind of in line with what he was saying.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

Nah I think he's correct. Coaching can teach bad tacklers how to tackle in practice and how to make the easy ones...hitting guys who are held up, popping a guy pinned to the sidelines etc.

You can't take a guy who just doesn't get it and expect him to ever be really good at it though. It's an instinctive process to cut off angles, break down properly so you're ready to launch but also able to go to either side, and time the hit. Muhammad has it, Baker, Gordon and McDuffie had it. Too many of the current DBs don't.

I think that's kind of in line with what he was saying.
    I cheered.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    89ute said:

DDJ

Hurtful.

Dude, at my kid's soccer game I had to listen to my father in law go on about how this is all so corporatized that eventually we're going to see the Alabama Mighty Oregon Ducks.

It's all just butthurt nonsense from the schools that didn't get into the B1G/SEC.

There will be 2 power leagues, only 4-5 schools even have consideration to be added (huge spoiler here but Utah isn't one of them) and the rest of the conferences will just be seen a G5+ leagues that need a 1/0 loss team to get into whatever playoff format FOX and ESPN want. Nothing else will change.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

89ute said:

DDJ

Hurtful.

I was kidding of course. I could never quit you, @89ute.

Yeah, I agree Whittingham. We’ll have another round of realignment at some point.

You can’t quit @89ute or you can’t quit his wives?