Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hold Up - Seven Win Steve and QBs

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
Sitting here at work about to leave (hate 10+ hour days, need free entertainment and laughs, fuck off in advance) and listening to the LPT ...

LPT talking about QBs (terrible segment as usual ... water is wet ... sky is blue ... Hope Solo is crazy ... nothing new to see here) and F3 dropped down to his knees to talk about Seven having a demonstrated history of being able to keep 5 (yes, I said 5) QBs on his roster at all times and keep all QBs happy.

Did Seven EVER have 5 QBs on the roster at any time???

Comments

• Options
    Price, Miles, Williams, Swede, and Brown.. Kept one on the team by making him a TE/FB... So I guess thats only 4.. fuck
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,689
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He only had 3 scholarship QBs at one point, Price, Montana, and Brown. I suppose there was a walkon too.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Were you not at the epic spring game in 2013? I'm pretty sure I saw at least 5 QBs throwing passes to see who could hit the crossbar. Those guys all seemed pretty damn happy.

FYI, if you missed it, it was right after the golfer chipping contest and before the wiener dog races. Somewhere in there, I think the team may have run a few plays....

What a great day to be a husky fan though!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Sitting here at work about to leave (hate 10+ hour days, need free entertainment and laughs, fuck off in advance) and listening to the LPT ...

LPT talking about QBs (terrible segment as usual ... water is wet ... sky is blue ... Hope Solo is crazy ... nothing new to see here) and F3 dropped down to his knees to talk about Seven having a demonstrated history of being able to keep 5 (yes, I said 5) QBs on his roster at all times and keep all QBs happy.

Did Seven EVER have 5 QBs on the roster at any time???

Was he able to get back up?

Seriously, how does that guy even fit in the radio booth, much less move around in it
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Facts. Doogs. You know the drill.

Rinse. Repeat. Lather.
  • Options
    H_D said:

Were you not at the epic spring game in 2013? I'm pretty sure I saw at least 5 QBs throwing passes to see who could hit the crossbar. Those guys all seemed pretty damn happy.

FYI, if you missed it, it was right after the golfer chipping contest and before the wiener dog races. Somewhere in there, I think the team may have run a few plays....

Pretty sure that Seven's chin was one of the QBs in the throwing contest ... wasn't Huge Mellons or Damon Huard in the contest? Fortunately for Damon Kenny Wheaton was nowhere to be found.

I went because it was my "nephew's" introduction to Husky Football ... he got a picture with Shaq afterwards ... needless to say he's a Dawg for life and already knows that in all cases hating Oregon is the right call.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

H_D said:

Pretty sure that Seven's chin was one of the QBs in the throwing contest ... wasn't Huge Mellons or Damon Huard in the contest? Fortunately for Damon Kenny Wheaton was nowhere to be found.

I went because it was my "nephew's" introduction to Husky Football ... he got a picture with Shaq afterwards ... needless to say he's a Dawg for life and already knows that in all cases hating Oregon is the right call.
    Remove the quotes around nephew and apply them to Husky Football
  • Options
    Husky Football is far bigger than what an idiot with 3 chins decides to do to the school
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,725
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    For a renowned QB guru Seven sure was fucking awful at managing the QB position.

Thank god Locker made the worst decision of his life in not declaring for the draft after 2009. And KP never quite got completely TKO'ed.

Did we ever once have a competent backup QB? In 5 years? Miles last year was the best...as a redshirt freshman with no experience and no arm.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2014
    I'm sure Fetters will passive-aggressively argue that he's not wrong because of walk-ons, nevermind the fact that most every team has 5 bodies including walk-ons. I swear that guy will argue that the sky isn't blue and when proven wrong, he'll say some shit about it being some off-color green which isn't actually in the blue hue or something. What a faggot.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

For a renowned QB guru Seven sure was fucking awful at managing the QB position.

Thank god Locker made the worst decision of his life in not declaring for the draft after 2009. And KP never quite got completely TKO'ed.

Did we ever once have a competent backup QB? In 5 years? Miles last year was the best...as a redshirt freshman with no experience and no arm.

Fuck.Off.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm sure Fetters will passive-aggressively argue that he's not wrong because of walk-ons, nevermind the fact that most every team has 5 bodies including walk-ons. I swear that guy will argue that the sky isn't blue and when proven wrong, he'll say some shit about it being some off-color green which isn't actually in the blue hue or something. What a faggot.

This. Even the year UW only had Price, Montana and Brown, there were at least 2 walk-ons, Thomas Vincent and another guy.

The assumption based on F3's comment is that "Sark has a demonstrated history of keeping 5 scholarship QBs..." and the group of Price, Miles, Williams, Swede and Brown was the closest but like someone already said, Brown was to TE.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This. Even the year UW only had Price, Montana and Brown, there were at least 2 walk-ons, Thomas Vincent and another guy.

The assumption based on F3's comment is that "Sark has a demonstrated history of keeping 5 scholarship QBs..." and the group of Price, Miles, Williams, Swede and Brown was the closest but like someone already said, Brown was to TE.
    Now your just being silly. Stop twisting.