Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Duck fans

Comments

• Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Just wait till Grubb gets his reads down Duck Fans and learns how to put a game away.

You wanna deal in hypotheticals? What if Grubb stops be so fucking greedy on the long ball and commits to grinding out some 5:00 or 6:00 drives late in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Oregon wasn't the only team out there on Saturday with some questionable play calling.

Shit post. Complaining the offense scores to fast, would be nice to just grind out a 6 minute drive, this offense isnt built for that.

Get points when you can.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Just wait till Grubb gets his reads down Duck Fans and learns how to put a game away.

You wanna deal in hypotheticals? What if Grubb stops be so fucking greedy on the long ball and commits to grinding out some 5:00 or 6:00 drives late in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Oregon wasn't the only team out there on Saturday with some questionable play calling.

Shit post. Complaining the offense scores to fast, would be nice to just grind out a 6 minute drive, this offense isnt built for that.

Get points when you can.
    There is some truth to this, but running the ball off tackle was working.

The incompletions on 1st and 2nd down that stop the clock are the real killers.

I have faith in Penix to pick up 3rd downs, even 3rd and longs. But burn some clock first
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,951
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Get points when you can.
    Except we didn’t get points during that part of the game. This offense can move the chains too. We need to be able to do both.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Weirdest part about all this is that I've never seen the national media fight so hard to let the CFB audience know that the team who lost a game is still a playoff contender. They're perpetuating the same exact shit that you're talking about... every show is like, "UW won, BUT OREGON THOUGH!" It's so weird.

I've seen like 50 segments on why Oregon is a playoff team, why Lanning is so amazing, why they don't have a problem with the aggressive calls, why Bo Nix will be christened a saint... blah, blah, blah. They lost ya fucking idiots.

This is little dick energy.

UW is getting astronomical hype. More than Ive ever seen. Dinnich is on CFB segments saying UW is the #1 team in the cuntry. UW is getting #1 AP poll votes

Oregon is getting props for playing tough and being good. Which they are.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Weirdest part about all this is that I've never seen the national media fight so hard to let the CFB audience know that the team who lost a game is still a playoff contender. They're perpetuating the same exact shit that you're talking about... every show is like, "UW won, BUT OREGON THOUGH!" It's so weird.

I've seen like 50 segments on why Oregon is a playoff team, why Lanning is so amazing, why they don't have a problem with the aggressive calls, why Bo Nix will be christened a saint... blah, blah, blah. They lost ya fucking idiots.

UW is getting astronomical hype. More than Ive ever seen. Dinnich is on CFB segments saying UW is the #1 team in the cuntry. UW is getting #1 AP poll votes

UW loses late by 4...

Does UW get props for playing tough and being good?

Are there constant segments defending their decisions? Are there constant segments saying "UW still controls its destiny?"

Doubt it.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,951
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW loses late by 4...

Are there constant segments defending their decisions? Are there constant segments saying "UW still controls its destiny?"

Doubt it.
    Oregon is a “National” brand
  • Options
    Founders Club

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.
    Ive seen almost nothing on Oregon

Continue to act like little brother though

Where was Lannings interview on Cowherd?

Christ
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2023

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ
    Open your fuckin' eyes Washton (Grandpa Sankey).
  • Options
    edited October 2023

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkrYG0R9F90

^ Klatt gives most of the credit to the environment... says UW is a very good team and then immediately pivots to how there are 8 great teams in college football (Oregon being no. 8) and how good he feels that he didn't move Oregon down while not moving UW (no. 7) up at all in his rankings. Frustrated with himself that UW isn't higher, but can't bring his clown ass to do it? Why not? Spends the next 15 minutes talking about the philosophy of Lanning (both decisions to go for it and failure to let Bo Nix play to his strengths w. the play calls) and how it doesn't take away from the fact that UO is a national title contender. End of the video, "Oregon... I was so impressed, I didn't move you down... as great as that Washington win was, don't we think it would have been different if it were at Oregon? Oregon outplayed them for large stretches of that game... their defense had a really good plan in that second half... I still really like Oregon, and everything is still ahead for Oregon..."

Here's just one example... but I see this all over YouTube.

Cowherd had Klatt on where he said the exact same shit. UW loses? Klatt forgets UW in an instant.
  • Options
    Founders Club

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ

^ Klatt gives most of the credit to the environment... says UW is a very good team and then immediately pivots to how there are 8 great teams in college football (Oregon being no. 8) and how good he feels that he didn't move Oregon down while not moving UW (no. 7) up at all in his rankings. Frustrated with himself that UW isn't higher, but can't bring his clown ass to do it? Why not? Spends the next 15 minutes talking about the philosophy of Lanning (both decisions to go for it and failure to let Bo Nix play to his strengths w. the play calls) and how it doesn't take away from the fact that UO is a national title contender. End of the video, "Oregon... I was so impressed, I didn't move you down... as great as that Washington win was, don't we think it would have been different if it were at Oregon? Oregon outplayed them for large stretches of that game... their defense had a really good plan in that second half... I still really like Oregon, and everything is still ahead for Oregon..."

Cowherd had Klatt on where he said the exact same shit. UW loses? Klatt forgets UW in and instant.
    Klatt has sucked plenty of DeBoer dick these last few years

Still nothing to get all hot and bothered about.

After the win the ESPN home page had like 4 articles on UW.

Honestly, Oregon being good probably helps our public perception versus them sucking. If UW wouldve blown them out the narrative would be Oregon is overrated and UW still hasnt played anyone.

I wouldve loved a double digit win, don't twist.

If Oregon is as good as everyone thinks we will have a chance to beat them for a 3rd time in 2 years.

Can you imagine if a 12-0 UW stomps an 11-1 Oregon in Vegas?

Doogs are going to be wetting their sweatpants with cum and Duck fans are going to be in the suicide proof vests in county jail.
  • Options

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ

Cowherd had Klatt on where he said the exact same shit. UW loses? Klatt forgets UW in and instant.

Honestly, Oregon being good probably helps our public perception versus them sucking. If UW wouldve blown them out the narrative would be Oregon is overrated and UW still hasnt played anyone.

If Oregon is as good as everyone thinks we will have a chance to beat them for a 3rd time in 2 years.

Doogs are going to be wetting their sweatpants with cum and Duck fans are going to be in the suicide proof vests in county jail.
    Agreed and I hope for narrative sake that happens.

But why is Oregon our continued measuring stick to the national media?

I'm just telling you... we lose in the P12 Championship to Oregon and we're undefeated, or lose to any other P12 team until that time? Media is going to kick us to the curb faster than you can blink.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ

I'm just telling you... we lose in the P12 Championship to Oregon and we're undefeated, or lose to any other P12 team until that time? Media is going to kick us to the curb faster than you can blink.
    Then we? don't lose. Simple fact. Case closed.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ

There is a scenario where 11-1 UW and Oregon both get in.

Like Ohio State and Michigan last year.

Paul fucking Finebaum called the Pac 12 the best conference in the country. I couldn't believe it.

But like @TheHB said, win out and we might be the #1 seed playing in the Rose Bowl
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ

There is a scenario where 11-1 UW and Oregon both get in.

Like Ohio State and Michigan last year.

Paul fucking Finebaum called the Pac 12 the best conference in the country. I couldn't believe it.

But like @TheHB said, win out and we might be the #1 seed playing in the Rose Bowl
    Honestly, if Oregon won out, won a rematch, and both teams ended up 12-1 and only Oregon got in….that would be absolute horse shit.

The acc sucks. The big 12 sucks. Big ten champ and sec champ can go. But a 12-1 Texas getting in over UW would be bs.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ

Cowherd had Klatt on where he said the exact same shit. UW loses? Klatt forgets UW in an instant.

UW loses late by 4...

Doubt it.

Christ

He still had UW ranked 7 and apologized for not being higher but teams above either had a bye or “took care of business”. Sort of like UW did when he had Oklahoma jump over them.