Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Polk, Jmac, or both?

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Me thinks one if not both of these guys are coming back next year do to our elite NIL for proven assets.

What thinks you?

Comments

• Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    If anything, it will be JMac due to the injury. I think Polk will go. He's ready.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's crazy that Polk could play two more if he wanted to, but I think he's gone.
  • Options
    Founders Club

It's crazy that Polk could play two more if he wanted to, but I think he's gone.

Only reason to return is a higher draft grade if he's the WR1
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

None are coming back

Yeah, I doubt any could look better than they do with Penix. They’re not going to want to adjust to a new guy who will be worse than mike, which is guaranteed.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,378
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All depends on the draft grade and NIL. If they're seen as second round or later, and NIL comes through, they could make more money playing at UW next year and potentially raise their stock at the same time (assuming UW gets a QB, which I would bet on DeBoer doing).
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    TheHB said:

All depends on the draft grade and NIL. If they're seen as second round or later, and NIL comes through, they could make more money playing at UW next year and potentially raise their stock at the same time (assuming UW gets a QB, which I would bet on DeBoer doing).

Yup

People forget a lot of this bored thought Rome, Penix, Trice were gone last year

People forget
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,378
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think it also depends on when and how well McMillan comes back. If he comes back in a few weeks and isn't super productive does he need another year to prove he's an NFL WR? I love his game but he's small and slight. Gotta remember because of Covid he's actually been in college now since 2020.

Polk to me even with what he's doing seems like a possibility if he can get a good NIL and show what he can do as a #1 option.

If I'm an NFL scout, I'm not recommending my team draft McMillan until later rounds. I would want to see him come back and be productive first. Otherwise, red flags are flying everywhere.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2023
    If there was QB they think put numbers up, but all 3 are gone because of that uncertainty
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,641
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even a 1% chance on Trice? Seems like 0% and I know sacks aren't everything but certainly seems like it could be concerning he has one sack halfway through the season. He looks a little overly bulked to me.

I know he's getting double teamed and held and the team lacks other pass rushers, but I've given shit to certain other teams' DEs of getting hyped despite not getting a ton of sacks so I think it's a fair question.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Me thinks one if not both of these guys are coming back next year do to our elite NIL for proven assets.

What thinks you?

I think both are back. It's a deep draft class for WR this year, and some website that ranks kids says they're 14th and 15th

They'll move up from the mid-rounds in 2024 to the early rounds in 2025