Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For the record

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
Before the Oregon game I said the toughest games ahead were WSU and Oregon State. Wasn’t met with much agreement. WSU now looks awful but the beavs are going to be a very challenging at Reser. This game scares me the most. WSU has potential to be a tough game even though they look absolutely terrible.

I also mentioned that Lanning is a nutjob giving Washington the advantage in the game. He continues to prove he is nuts. Coaching matters.

Mentioned that Nix wasn’t gonna sleep well Friday night. Big moments seem to be kryptonite for him. You know he didn’t sleep Saturday night!

Goforth got a lot snaps on Saturday. Didn’t see that coming.

Giles Jackson was clutch. His return was vital.

UW could potentially boat race U$C.

Lastly student section did their part…Kudos.

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,366 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wazzu at home is harder than Oregon at home? Reser might be funky but SC is way more losable playing down in the ghetto than Wazzu at home
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Penix could win the Heisman if he super boat races USC in the colosseum

He's the odds on favorite at this poont.

Awfully warm out for December, I'm aware.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    SC has has big internal problems. Who knows the loss may actually help them. They play desperate. Riley doesn’t look right on the sidelines. Williams has to be perfect every game. For some reason the SC game just doesn’t seem very worrisome.

Last Apple Cup. Cougs absolutely hate the Huskies. Will come in with nothing to lose attitude. Ward won’t suck the rest of the way.
    Canadawg said:

Wazzu at home is harder than Oregon at home? Reser might be funky but SC is way more losable playing down in the ghetto than Wazzu at home

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,047 Founders Club

JFC. UW is going to boat race Cuog in their final send off. That one is not going to be close at all. Cook it and mark it.

Agree. Screenshots.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

JFC. UW is going to boat race Cuog in their final send off. That one is not going to be close at all. Cook it and mark it.

Profile in courage
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    Washton state is twash! Open yo' eyes!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

SC has has big internal problems. Who knows the loss may actually help them. They play desperate. Riley doesn’t look right on the sidelines. Williams has to be perfect every game. For some reason the SC game just doesn’t seem very worrisome.

Last Apple Cup. Cougs absolutely hate the Huskies. Will come in with nothing to lose attitude. Ward won’t suck the rest of the way.

Canadawg said:

They did the same thing last year and we? still won by 20.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Before the Oregon game I said the toughest games ahead were WSU and Oregon State. Wasn’t met with much agreement. WSU now looks awful but the beavs are going to be a very challenging at Reser. This game scares me the most. WSU has potential to be a tough game even though they look absolutely terrible.

I also mentioned that Lanning is a nutjob giving Washington the advantage in the game. He continues to prove he is nuts. Coaching matters.

Mentioned that Nix wasn’t gonna sleep well Friday night. Big moments seem to be kryptonite for him. You know he didn’t sleep Saturday night!

Goforth got a lot snaps on Saturday. Didn’t see that coming.

Giles Jackson was clutch. His return was vital.

UW could potentially boat race U$C.

Lastly student section did their part…Kudos.

The coug? Seriously? They are not good. We will put up 50 on them.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138
    whlinder said:

The @ Stanford @ USC home Utah @ Or State is such a gauntlet. Yes, each of those teams have massive problems but the cumulative impact of playing on the road really impacts some teams, and playing 3 out of 4 sucks. Which is why that 3 game stretch includes our toughest games.

I also hope USC is able to win their next 2 so they don't make any actual changes to their coaching staff.

Obviously, that stretch stood out from the moment the 2022 schedule was released.

Stanford has not won a home game yet and that includes a loss to Sacramento State. It's much more like a neutral site game. SC is not the team that we? thought they were at the beginning of the season. They are significantly worse.

It's possible, or even likely, that @OSU is our toughest remaining game. When we? are healthy, we have a pretty good talent and coaching edge vs OSU. The thing that worries me most is that we play them the week after playing a normally physical Utah team at home.

It may look resemble a gauntlet to some but it seems less so now (to me) than when the season began. Also, I have a lot of trust in DeBoer. Some of his first words after the 0regon game were "we are built for this".

This is not Peterman's UW team. It's not even CKD (ILTCHT) 2022 UW team. It is another year closer and smarter as far as learning the new schemes, etc. I like our chances if we are healthy heading into USC.

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,533 Swaye's Wigwam

Penix could win the Heisman if he motorboat races USC in the colosseum

FTFY
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Canadawg said:

This is a load of mushy nonsense. USC looks like shit, but that's still a team with talent that can rise to the occasion in any given game. That's why they're always fucking dangerous.

WSU just lost 44-6. At home. Their last three wins in the series are against Jimmy Lake's Sam Huard hail mary start, Sark's epic 4th quarter blunder, and Ty's swan song en route to 0-12.

"Will come in with nothing to lose attitude" - what the fuck does that even mean? Do they ascend to a higher spiritual plane and tap into a reserve of motivation that other mortal non-relegated P5 teams simply don't have access to? We'll boat race them like we always fucking do. The last good Husky team they beat was in 1982.
    1992 but the point remains.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,282 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Canadawg said:

This is a load of mushy nonsense. USC looks like shit, but that's still a team with talent that can rise to the occasion in any given game. That's why they're always fucking dangerous.

WSU just lost 44-6. At home. Their last three wins in the series are against Jimmy Lake's Sam Huard hail mary start, Sark's epic 4th quarter blunder, and Ty's swan song en route to 0-12.

"Will come in with nothing to lose attitude" - what the fuck does that even mean? Do they ascend to a higher spiritual plane and tap into a reserve of motivation that other mortal non-relegated P5 teams simply don't have access to? We'll boat race them like we always fucking do. The last good Husky team they beat was in 1982.
    1992 but the point remains.
    Fucking snow bowl. And Bledsoe.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    jecornel said:

Canadawg said:

His teams don’t play defense.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    Well, guess I'll piss in the purple punch bowl a bit.

One of the most embarrassing facts about UW football I recall is: Dwags have never scored 35 points against USC. 30 points? 3 tims in 85 games over 100+ years. Pathetic. FFS, never?! That shit has to end. And I know we? have never had a QB like Penix, but ignoring UW history vs Trooj is fucking retarded.

Teams on second consecutive road gayme typically play poorly. UW has tons of history of stepping on their own dick at USC; its like half the udub roster is too concerned with seeing friends and family in LA. USC has equally high amounts of history of stepping up in big games - even '91 was only a 14-3 win over 3-8 USC team...and anyone thinking current UW D is better than mediocre is kidding themselves.

#thescript says UW plays like dogshit against Tree or Troy, not both. Also, if USC beats a top 5 UW, they will definitely get boat raced the following weekend in Eugene. Just avoid the subsequent loss to Beav and CCG and probably even Playoff is still within Husky reach. Start of year I'd have ranked most likely losses as USC, OSU, UO. Not quite ready to move Beavlet to top of list.

I ain't worried about a home Apple Cup to close out this Pac-12 shit-show, lol. Cuog 6-44 vs AZ in Pullman is gonna bring me joy for months.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    SC is a complete mess. Could UW lose to them? Entirely possible. The cougs are reeling but also caught Arizona at likely their peak.