Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

cuog

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,065
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Jesus

Fuck those fucking fucks!
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Use the spoiler tag or take it to the college football forum. Fu k!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    There’s a narrative that WSU and OSU should dominate the mountain west. That might be true for a few years if they keep some current players, but in the long run Corvallis and especially Pullman are still not great destinations. Boise, Fresno, Honolulu, San Diego are all better destinations.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Arizona reminds me of the 2007 Giants
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,492
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    gmo said:

There’s a narrative that WSU and OSU should dominate the mountain west. That might be true for a few years if they keep some current players, but in the long run Corvallis and especially Pullman are still not great destinations. Boise, Fresno, Honolulu, San Diego are all better destinations.

tell me you've never been to Fresno without telling me you've never been to Fresno

rest of poont valid
    Honolulu > San Diego > Boise > Corvallis > Fresno > Pullman
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    gmo said:

tell me you've never been to Fresno without telling me you've never been to Fresno

rest of poont valid
    I strongly considered dropping Fresno from the list but I asked myself, “if I was a talented but undersized WR from Modesto or Bakersfield would I rather go to Fresno or Pullman?”
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Aside from including Fresno in that I completely agree. If that league is where they're stuck then they will inevitably level down to to the competition. Right now OSU would obliterate the Mtn West. I think they'd stay on top for as long as they can keep Smith, but not in such dominant fashion as they would with this current Beav skwad

Note that I'm only talking about OSU. WSU already is a mid tier Mtn West team.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fresno is a gigantic shithole. Would rather live in Tijuana, seriously. You fuckers have no idea. Pullman and Corvallis are Hawaii in comparison.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fresno is a gigantic shithole. Would rather live in Tijuana, seriously. You fuckers have no idea. Pullman and Corvallis are Hawaii in comparison.

Agree. Bakersfield and Fresno are two of the shittiest towns I've ever seen. Even central and eastern Washington dump towns are like desert paradises by comparison
  • Options
    BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    I don't think people fully realize just how difficult it is for a Mountain West team to beat a Big 12 team, even when they are playing at home.

The advantages in resources and recruiting are so much greater for Arizona. I give Arizona a lot of respect for even scheduling an away game with a Mountain west team. Not a lot to be gained in doing that.

At least the Cougs can count on a big pay check when they get back to scheduling road games at P4 schools for their 3 non conference games.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023

what Fresno doesn't have in culture... it makes up for in 110 degree heat, meth, and polluted air. Oh and you pay high taxes like you are living in La Jolla.