Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs Oregon Game Thread 2023

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

In all fairness, talking about the D and bad tackling and imo, just out physicalled, from what I saw, the Husky D made the plays when they needed to. They stopped the Ducks in the red zone on 4th down twice and made Lanning make bad decisions to possibly leave 6 points on the field. And made a crucial stop to give our Penis one more chance and he made good. May not have been the best effort for 4 quarters and dealing with a lack of depth, but they made the plays on defense when it counted. And that counts.

Zooming in on your poasts is rewarding!
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Congrats to UW. They played a solid game.

I hope Oregon plays them again in the championship game.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

I admire Lansing's aggressiveness in a way, but at times it turns into stupidity

The success they had against our defense, it's hard to argue against those decisions. Our defense stepped up and made them pay, though.
    I thought the ones near the goal line were okay. I don't know about going for it on 4th and 5 late in the game, near mid field. 4th and 1, sure
    Eh, punt there and UW just goes down the field and scores a TD from 85 yards instead of 50. The only way Oregon wins that game is by running out the clock.
    uw had scored 7 points the entire second half up to that point. Your logic is flawed. Operating from the 50 is much easier than inside your own 15. I like Oregon’s chances much better than a gamble at the 50 on 4th down.
    NOC what you think
    GFY.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Baseman said:

46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

I admire Lansing's aggressiveness in a way, but at times it turns into stupidity

The success they had against our defense, it's hard to argue against those decisions. Our defense stepped up and made them pay, though.
    I thought the ones near the goal line were okay. I don't know about going for it on 4th and 5 late in the game, near mid field. 4th and 1, sure
    Eh, punt there and UW just goes down the field and scores a TD from 85 yards instead of 50. The only way Oregon wins that game is by running out the clock.
    uw had scored 7 points the entire second half up to that point. Your logic is flawed. Operating from the 50 is much easier than inside your own 15. I like Oregon’s chances much better than a gamble at the 50 on 4th down.
    NOC what you think
    GFY.
    on the bright @46XiJCAB it was ONLY a 3 point win. Now you can start jacking it to next years game insisting that Next year is the yucks year.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

In all fairness, talking about the D and bad tackling and imo, just out physicalled, from what I saw, the Husky D made the plays when they needed to. They stopped the Ducks in the red zone on 4th down twice and made Lanning make bad decisions to possibly leave 6 points on the field. And made a crucial stop to give our Penis one more chance and he made good. May not have been the best effort for 4 quarters and dealing with a lack of depth, but they made the plays on defense when it counted. And that counts.

Gonna make a doog cry pod.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

Apologies. Way my SEC ass see it. And true.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786

Is anything going to come of UO obviously faking injuries? I mean, it was egregious and obvious

Just that Phil Knight could have gone out with dignity, but instead he's the corrupt fuck behind all their graceless cheating and hype. Knight is the Rudy Guliani of should have quit while people still respected you.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

In a good way pod,a good way. ALL DAWGS TODAY
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2023

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

In a good way pod,a good way. ALL DAWGS TODAY
    Absofknlutely….

Yes, I edited that.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Is anything going to come of UO obviously faking injuries? I mean, it was egregious and obvious

Just that Phil Knight could have gone out with dignity, but instead he's the corrupt fuck behind all their graceless cheating and hype. Knight is the Rudy Guliani of should have quit while people still respected you.
    I’m the most political motherfucker on here. See. My podcast.

But how did you get politics out of that post? Wow. Well done.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    46XiJCAB said:

Baseman said:

46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

NOC what you think
    GFY.
    S
    C
    O
    R
    E
    B
    O
    A
    R
    D