Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presser with our new AD

2»

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,950
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Everyone on Reddit is pissed he’s already taking shots at Texas and Ohio State.

I laff’d.

R/cfb is just a pathetic collection of wimpy college football fans... It's definitely a good sign that our new AD has them so worked up.
    @ScoreboardBaby can I fuck your avatar?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I laff’d.

R/cfb is just a pathetic collection of wimpy college football fans... It's definitely a good sign that our new AD has them so worked up.
    Both?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,950
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I laff’d.

Both?
    Preferably the one that isn’t suspended for PED’s but if they only come in a package deal I’ll make it work.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Play the coogs at Qwest or whatever it is in the years that UW has 7 home games. Split the gate. 8th game in state

SEC SEC SEC

If the goals are:
    1 Play someone with a pulse Out of Conference (which means home and home)
    2 Always have 7 home games

Then we have
    Year 1 4 B1G home, 3 home OOC
    Year 2 5 B1G home, 2 home OOC, 1 road visit to OOC w/ pulse

Where does Cuog fit?

We either go to 6 home games sometimes, or we don't play OOC w/ pulse.

EWIWBI, but the future scheduling models are up for debate now.
    Bama, FSU, USC, tOSU, Michigan, LSU, Clemson (mostly) and Georgia all have scheduled like the future model will benefit those who play TUFF OOC. The SEC teams of course only have 8 conference games so it makes more sense for them.

(Penn State is one outlier to this philosophy, which James Franklin has said he is in favor of the weak OOC schedules instead of strong ones. After they go to WVU next year their next P5 opponent is Syracuse in 2027 lol)

Right now our future schedules are the Penn State route until 2029, so we could add Cuog road games with little impact, but if playing good OOC becomes the norm we would have to accept 6 home games and playing Cuog at the Seahawks stadium.
  • Options
    ScoreboardBabyScoreboardBaby Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    I love the history and tradition of college football more than most but I don't care at all about playing the cougs again...

One of the best parts of going to the Big 10 is not playing some of these boring pac schools like Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, WSU and Arizona any longer...

There will hopefully be big neutral site games to start the season in Vegas soon as well... Something like that in a year where we have 5 conference home games vs an SEC school sounds like a good plan and would be way more fun...

The cougs and beavs didn't belong in the conference to begin with.
  • Options
    ScoreboardBabyScoreboardBaby Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

I laff’d.

I rooted for Haener at Fresno just because of her!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

Play the coogs at Qwest or whatever it is in the years that UW has 7 home games. Split the gate. 8th game in state

SEC SEC SEC

If the goals are:

Then we have

Where does Cuog fit?

Bama, FSU, USC, tOSU, Michigan, LSU, Clemson (mostly) and Georgia all have scheduled like the future model will benefit those who play TUFF OOC. The SEC teams of course only have 8 conference games so it makes more sense for them.

(Penn State is one outlier to this philosophy, which James Franklin has said he is in favor of the weak OOC schedules instead of strong ones. After they go to WVU next year their next P5 opponent is Syracuse in 2027 lol)

Right now our future schedules are the Penn State route until 2029, so we could add Cuog road games with little impact, but if playing good OOC becomes the norm we would have to accept 6 home games and playing Cuog at the Seahawks stadium.
    Our prior issue with scheduling OOC with P5 was the distance to Seattle. Prior to realignment, the closest P5 school to UW was Nebraska (1337 miles). Now that the Pac-12 has collapsed, we are likely going to be scheduling more with teams like Ute, BYU, the Arizona schools, and CU. I figure Cal and Stanford will prioritize OOC with USC and UCLA, but they're options, too.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2023

whlinder said:

SEC SEC SEC

If the goals are:

Then we have

Where does Cuog fit?

Our prior issue with scheduling OOC with P5 was the distance to Seattle. Prior to realignment, the closest P5 school to UW was Nebraska (1337 miles). Now that the Pac-12 has collapsed, we are likely going to be scheduling more with teams like Ute, BYU, the Arizona schools, and CU. I figure Cal and Stanford will prioritize OOC with USC and UCLA, but they're options, too.
    It makes sense to make the A/B game one of the former P12 teams now in the Big 12 cum 18. Utah, Colorado (with prime), zona with Fish as coach, ASU when Kush is resurrected. WSU could be the annual B/C game. Our true A non conference game has been switched to a current B1G team (that will become a conference game). The whimpy SEC does not schedule more than one or two decent conference opponents EVER unless you are trash as fuck.