Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Everyone on Reddit is pissed he’s already taking shots at Texas and Ohio State.

I laff’d.

Yep. Time to be bold. Oh wait …
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I laff’d.

Link?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I laff’d.

Link?
    Found the link.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/174dxbf/vorel_new_uw_ad_troy_dannen_if_budgets_won/

"[Vorel] New UW AD Troy Dannen: "If budgets won championships, Ohio State and Texas would win everything -- and they haven't won much lately." Says it's about the people."

Awesome.
    He's not wrong
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Dude is a leader.

We? have come a long way since the days of Douchehelmet Turner.
    I think this dude is gonna reduce bloat in the department and streamline everything. He’s working with a budget 5x what he had at Tulane. Hes not preaching poverty like our last AD, he’s preaching responsibility. He’s got to be thinking the fact UW is in the red is shit as fuck. I’m confident in him until I’m not.
    When he looks at these numbers, they are shit as fuck. They're fucking twash.
    Open yo eyes!
    Wash ton
  • Options
    ScoreboardBabyScoreboardBaby Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

I laff’d.

R/cfb is just a pathetic collection of wimpy college football fans... It's definitely a good sign that our new AD has them so worked up.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I laff’d.

R/cfb is just a pathetic collection of wimpy college football fans... It's definitely a good sign that our new AD has them so worked up.
    Seriously, they’re such a bunch of pussies. I got a bunch of them butthurt last night
  • Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His answer? If the Cougars want the game to continue, it’ll be on the Huskies’ terms.

“I’ve got a lot to learn, but I would say this: What’s happened in college athletics, a lot of the history, rivalries, things that have been traditions have been destroyed for the evolution of college athletics. And we’re going to continue to evolve,” Dannen said.

“My bias is I don’t want to lose the history, the traditions. I also know that I have this economic model, particularly as we move to the Big Ten, where we’re playing with people that have an economic model that is far greater than ours, we have to be really careful. Seven home games is a piece of the economic model going forward that UW has to have.”

Washington will alternate each year between four and five home games in the Big Ten.

“Long-term, we have to have seven home games and the revenue generated by seven home football games in order to be in a financial position to compete in the league that we’re moving into,” Dannen said.
    And he all but killed the idea of continuing a home and home with WSU. AMC did jump in and say some things were being discussed that he wasn't up to speed on yet, but I think it is a good sign that he is not in favor of a home and home with the coogs.

• Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    Yeah, his point about seven home games makes sense. You'll have 4 or 5 home conference games every year and if you stick with an "A, B, C" non-conference scheme, you want to schedule the "A" team as a home and home and host that game on the years you have only 4 conference home games. The B and C matchups will always be at home to get to seven home games each year.

I don't think UW wants to have its "A" non-con game be against the coogs every year. Even if the coogs end up in the B12, a perpetual home and home with them would make it impossible to keep 7 home games and play any big teams out of conference.