Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It’s not just Joel Klatt, pals

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

If they die they die. It won't hurt any less if we're negative and it won't hurt any more if we buy in now

It will just hurt

I have seen it all since November 1963 when king5 announced UW got the Rose Bowl bid.

I thought 84,91,and 2000 were all contenders pre season.

I didn't buy the hype in 82 and 90 was too soon. They lost to Deion and Joel Klatt early. Didn't trust Brunell

I knew Billy Joe would win it all when he played for Puyallup

This year is real contention. I'm not wasting it on the usual pussy ass husky fan angst

The whole point of half brains was to have seasons like this.

Enjoy for tomorrow we could all be dead

And they aren't losing to fucking Arizona

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,029
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Gonna leave this here for the Doogs posting great pub/discussing rankings/talkin Natty

Don’t say you weren’t warned

Thanks Damone

NOC

We're having fun while we can
    No sacks.

Figured a guy that has seen this movie twice before, you’d show more restraint. Guess not
    I think the general REAL tenor of the board is cautious optimism, with folks like myself just pointing out how much hype UW is getting the national media (a rarity for us). The realistic goal for now is to win the conference. Anything beyond that is house money.

And, no, we haven't seen this movie before. When has UW ever had a QB who is the Heisman favorite and leading passer in the nation? When has UW ever had the best WR room in the country?

Times have changed and @RaceBannon and I are now in the cult of the Messiah QB.
    Messiah Corch, imo.

First & Right.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,296
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Gonna leave this here for the Doogs posting great pub/discussing rankings/talkin Natty

Thanks Damone

NOC

We're having fun while we can
    No sacks.

Figured a guy that has seen this movie twice before, you’d show more restraint. Guess not
    I think the general REAL tenor of the board is cautious optimism, with folks like myself just pointing out how much hype UW is getting the national media (a rarity for us). The realistic goal for now is to win the conference. Anything beyond that is house money.

And, no, we haven't seen this movie before. When has UW ever had a QB who is the Heisman favorite and leading passer in the nation? When has UW ever had the best WR room in the country?

Times have changed and @RaceBannon and I are now in the cult of the Messiah QB.
    Messiah Corch, imo.

First & Right.

Can confirm.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,029
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If they die they die. It won't hurt any less if we're negative and it won't hurt any more if we buy in now

It will just hurt

I have seen it all since November 1963 when king5 announced UW got the Rose Bowl bid.

I didn't buy the hype in 82 and 90 was too soon. They lost to Deion and Joel Klatt early. Didn't trust Brunell

This year is real contention. I'm not wasting it on the usual pussy ass husky fan angst

And they aren't losing to fucking Arizona after first giving up 17.5 poonts

Free money.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,728
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just think any real dwag should be celebrating that we added a preseason natty to all of our offseason natties.

Also, it's no surprise that the national media is all over UW now. They love to hype a good UW and always have since college football started in 1990.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,700
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    There isn’t, never was, and never will be a QB like John Elway in college football.

He just doesn’t exist.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,561
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

There isn’t, never was, and never will be a QB like John Elway in college football.

He just doesn’t exist.

Never made a bowl game
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,700
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

He just doesn’t exist.

Never made a bowl game
    Nope. Still the GOAT.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,269
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Can boner handle success? Hope he is a hungry SOB compared to Pete

Speaking as someone who predicted that Petersen had come to UW hoping to rejuvenate only to discover he was completely burned out and hated coaching and worked an agreement with Cohen to hand the reigns over to Jimmy after completing his 6-year plan to win the Vegas Bowl.... and after I was jeered and booed on HcH for said prediction, before said prediction became 100% true, I can say authoritatively with 81% accuracy that I see no signs of burnout in DeBoer nor any signs he would punt on 4th-and-1 from the Duck 40-yard line!

Burned out succession coach superiority guy, every bored has one.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,269
    Founders Club

It will just hurt

And they aren't losing to fucking Arizona

This is probably my second favorite poast of yours (first being Civil War Jacob Browning).

In Buddhism they talk about aversion/hate (NegaDawg) and clinging/desire (Maximum Doog) as being two of the three “poisons” of life.* (@Roaddawg’s people are so wise.) As you say Race, getting excited or being negative about the team won’t take away the sting if UW fucks this up.
    Buddhism theological superiority gal, every bored has one.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,011
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

The dipshit rapist is not John Elway. Fuck. He ain't even Jack Elway.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

FireCohen said:

Can boner handle success? Hope he is a hungry SOB compared to Pete

Speaking as someone who predicted that Petersen had come to UW hoping to rejuvenate only to discover he was completely burned out and hated coaching and worked an agreement with Cohen to hand the reigns over to Jimmy after completing his 6-year plan to win the Vegas Bowl.... and after I was jeered and booed on HcH for said prediction, before said prediction became 100% true, I can say authoritatively with 81% accuracy that I see no signs of burnout in DeBoer nor any signs he would punt on 4th-and-1 from the Duck 40-yard line!

If you're just here to beat your chest you won't last long
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,574
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm just happy we've entered a new era of success where the national media will talk about Petermen as the last era with Sark/Owen basically ancient history.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Seeing national media dooging terrifies me.. i can feel disappointment just lurking in the shadows.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,899
    Standard Supporter
    I did over a hundred hours worth of analysis and math to come up with that 15-0 prediction, too.

It's not like I just automatically always pick my team to win every game...........
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Hang the Banner