Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deboer rumor, Deion & other notes

Comments

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2023
    I find it amusing that some individuals in here think an opinion has to necessarily mean war with those at some portion of the opposite end of said opinion.

I’d be happy to be wrong. It appears to me D Mo has improved and understands the system in the snippets we have seen him. Is he a big time QB? For Christ sakes no! Might he be the best option for the beginning of next season (read first two to four games up to midway) … from what I see it is a very likely possibility - probably the most likely possibility from my perspective.

I’d be happy to see us portal in a senior to battle with Morris. I think Morris would likely still have the edge over a senior portal or Mack at that point. Or the guy who transferred in from SDSU.

Do I think Mack is the future?

Yes … 2025 and beyond … though I’d be happy to be wrong and have him as the starter in 2024 if he’s ready.

LIPO

We all want the same thing. To win, and win as much as possible.
  • Options
    No .. and I don’t spend a lot of time in here because I have a life.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Awfully warm for SEPTEMBER. Some of you assuming we?ve already played the gaymes

Superior culture and the desert loom large
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Stetson Bennett won two (2) national championships

I would be happy to have a higher ceiling than Dmo but he is very capable of winning every game on their schedule next year

Georgia also had one of the greatest defenses ever assembled.

UW's 2024 defense will be hard pressed to be as good as this year's UW defense. They aren't sniffing 2021-22 UGA.

The biggest advantage this program has is it's ability to develop QB's. When you can do that you find a Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray, you don't settle for Stetson Bennett.
    I’d be concerned if next years D didn’t progress because next years O will definitely digress.

Portal.
    Aren't some of the best Olinemen young? Tybo, Cuevas, Boston ect. Im not sure the talent is worse next year just less known
    Well you're losing Penix and the top WRs (Polk is going to the draft too I hope everyone realizes) and the tackles. It's definitely taking a step back. I like the guys we have coming up but they'll have much less experience and I don't think we'll have the depth next year.

But mostly we won't have our greatest QB ever.
  • Options

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

I would be happy to have a higher ceiling than Dmo but he is very capable of winning every game on their schedule next year

UW's 2024 defense will be hard pressed to be as good as this year's UW defense. They aren't sniffing 2021-22 UGA.

The biggest advantage this program has is it's ability to develop QB's. When you can do that you find a Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray, you don't settle for Stetson Bennett.
    I’d be concerned if next years D didn’t progress because next years O will definitely digress.

Portal.
    You're losing the edges, possibly Muhammad, probably Ulo and still need someone to step up at safety. It's probably taking a small step back.
  • Options

Superior culture and the desert loom large

I don’t think superior culture gets us … in fact we pulverize superior culture.

However … I am wary of a trap game ‘in the desert’

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,929
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Portal.
    You're losing the edges, possibly Muhammad, probably Ulo and still need someone to step up at safety. It's probably taking a small step back.
    Guess we ought to really enjoy this while it lasts then.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Portal.
    That's just college football every year though
  • Options
    Glad to have found my niche …
  • Options

No .. and I don’t spend a lot of time in here because I have a life.

You must be single and with out kids. Don’t worry, you’ll hit a point where things are so pathetic that you need this. We’ll be here.
    Thanks bruh

• Options
    Canadawg said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Portal.
    That's just college football every year though
    Nah it's not every year that you lose your four best defensive players (and I'd argue five counting Tuli).

Let's put it this way, who are you confident in defensively that's returning?