Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HRYK, until Washington faces a team that plays nickel defense man handles Rome and McMillen at the line of scrimmage and forces Washington to run 25 times a game.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

HRYK, until Washington faces a team that plays nickel defense man handles Rome and McMillen at the line of scrimmage and forces Washington to run 25 times a game.

Nobody’s physically manhandling Rome (or Polk) at the line and I don’t think anyone’s quick enough to do it to Jalen either.
    There are too many options to shut us down. We will face a team that will have a CB good enough to shut down one guy. All three aren’t getting shut down. No team has that.

Add in Westover gaining Penix’s trust, the big play ability of Bernard, and an OL that has given Penix time to throw ever since he has played for UW. Point is, the only guy we depend on is really Penix.
    Nuff said on that
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Nobody’s physically manhandling Rome (or Polk) at the line and I don’t think anyone’s quick enough to do it to Jalen either.
    There are too many options to shut us down. We will face a team that will have a CB good enough to shut down one guy. All three aren’t getting shut down. No team has that.

Add in Westover gaining Penix’s trust, the big play ability of Bernard, and an OL that has given Penix time to throw ever since he has played for UW. Point is, the only guy we depend on is really Penix.
    I think the Kwatcox defense was a problem schematically last season. I know both Texas and even Cal had some talent in the secondary too, but they were doing something that either the Deboer offense or Grubb the play caller had a hard time adjusting too.

That's the only thing that could get in the way. I'm just not scared of Cal though, and Texas would be a long way down the road before they're a concern
    It would seem the way to disrupt the UW offense would be to make them dink and dunk and take away the big pass plays. It’s obviously easier said than done because nobody seems to be able to do it.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Dawgman level giddy shit. Some of you need to meet up with other Doogs in E12 exchanging reach arounds pre-game this Saturday

Thanks, Damoan.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Dawgman level giddy shit. Some of you need to meet up with other Doogs in E12 exchanging reach arounds pre-game this Saturday

Thanks, Damoan.
    Maybe I'll be there. Didn't think of that, did you? That's what i thought
    @GrandpaSankey could see that you were just trying to start a party.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Penix will likely have a couple off-games where he's missing receivers. If those games come against Oregon or SC, we probably lose. Against anyone else, we're probably in the clear
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Starts with the line. Keep Penix upright and he can go all night long.