Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Pac12 = Conference of Champions. B1G = Conference of Sexual Harassment

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,649 Swaye's Wigwam
    You guys don't know dooging over Jack Colletto until you talk to a Camas football fan.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,839 Founders Club
    haie said:

Jonathan Smith with Kwiatkowski you probably don't have throwaway seasons in 2019 and 2021.

That 2019 roster was so flawed though. That team had no linebackers or WRs. Years of recruiting neglect came home to roost that season.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,466 Founders Club
    Did not see tv shot of crowd, but the actual butts in seats for Tulsa was 35k top end (1/2 full) and that included the 3000 high school band students
    godawgst said:

Did not see tv shot of crowd, but the actual butts in seats for Tulsa was 35k top end (1/2 full) and that included the 3000 high school band students

False.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,390 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Jonathan Smith with Kwiatkowski you probably don't have throwaway seasons in 2019 and 2021.

That 2019 roster was so flawed though. That team had no linebackers or WRs. Years of recruiting neglect came home to roost that season.
    I think having a fresh start at coach could have helped 2019. Also assume Smith would have been open to taking transfers at WR and LB.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    Simply put, any coach who can turn a 1-win team into a conference contending 10-win team in the span of five seasons at fucking Oregon State knows what the hell he’s doing.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,949 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Simply put, any coach who can turn a 1-win team into a conference contending 10-win team in the span of five seasons at fucking Oregon State knows what the hell he’s doing.

Erickson did it faster and better

Smith is Reilly

Jeepers

TheHB said:

Smith is Reilly

Jeepers
    Beav was a .500-ish program when Erickson took over. He went 11-1 his second year, then throttled them back down to .500-ish his last two seasons.

I’m not saying Smith is Erickson, but I am saying Smith is not Riley.
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Smith is Reilly

Jeepers
    Beav was a .500-ish program when Erickson took over. He went 11-1 his second year, then throttled them back down to .500-ish his last two seasons.

Disagree
    edited September 2023

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Smith is Reilly

Jeepers

Disagree
    https://youtu.be/PjDBTCLbuFA?si=uYHO5iWgtW4_WPNX
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,881 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

False.
    Proof? Because the one shot during the game that I paid attention to of the crowd showed a pretty big hole.

haie said:

Every UW team of that era had a flawed roster in some way. 2016 even lost their starting lb, edge, and started an undersized tf guard.

The solution to work around the 2019 issue of linebacker/receiver should have been to just start the more talented freshman players, like they did with Gordon and McDuffey that year.

But Pete was too busy yelling at cloud and telling the media shit like "We aren't winning because the players are looking at the W on their helmet and expecting to win" or paraphrasing from his post Apple Cup thing.

haie said:

godawgst said:

False.
    Proof? Because the one shot during the game that I paid attention to of the crowd showed a pretty big hole.
    He's saying the stadium was barely half full which as someone who was there, he's a fucking idiot for even typing that.
    haie said:

haie said:

Every UW team of that era had a flawed roster in some way. 2016 even lost their starting lb, edge, and started an undersized tf guard.

The solution to work around the 2019 issue of linebacker/receiver should have been to just start the more talented freshman players, like they did with Gordon and McDuffey that year.

But Pete was too busy yelling at cloud and telling the media shit like "We aren't winning because the players are looking at the W on their helmet and expecting to win" or paraphrasing from his post Apple Cup thing.
    Those freshman WR didn’t play because they ended up being bigger JAGs than the stiffs that started. Spiker flamed out at Portland State and Osborn is still at Bowling Green averaging 5 yards a catch. Puka was the only freshman that played and he couldn’t stay healthy or run the correct routes half the tim. I’m running a blank on who those talented freshman LBs Bob recruited were. Was Heimuli here? Calvert? Ah You? Tafisi?
    Puka looked great against the Hawks but it's not like the Huskies needed him last year. Or 21 when Morris was QB

20 was a waste
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,390 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Those freshman WR didn’t play because they ended up being bigger JAGs than the stiffs that started. Spiker flamed out at Portland State and Osborn is still at Bowling Green averaging 5 yards a catch. Puka was the only freshman that played and he couldn’t stay healthy or run the correct routes half the tim. I’m running a blank on who those talented freshman LBs Bob recruited were. Was Heimuli here? Calvert? Ah You? Tafisi?
    Could have simply been fixed by taking in transfers, like everyone else was doing, but I think for the most part Pete was against it. They could have brought in decent pieces to fill terrible gaps at WR and LB, especially with the program coming off three-straight 10-win seasons.

haie said:

haie said:

Could have simply been fixed by taking in transfers, like everyone else was doing, but I think for the most part Pete was against it. They could have brought in decent pieces to fill terrible gaps at WR and LB, especially with the program coming off three-straight 10-win seasons.
    Most all transfers still had to sit a year at that time. The hardship floodgates hadn’t fully opened yet. Eason sat 2018. After 2017 Pete would have had to say these LBs I recruited suck. These receivers I recruited are midgets. As you said, Pete was against it. He always thought he could get greatness from everyone. Unfortunately most of that juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.
    haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

False.
    He's saying the stadium was barely half full which as someone who was there, he's a fucking idiot for even typing that.
    I was there as well, Einstein. What was your estimate?

UW Announced 67k for Sparty last year and 63k for Tulsa Saturday.

I can see the court Jester for HH still playing the part.