Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Colorado vs Nebraska -- which team are you rooting for, boss?

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2023
    Colorado
    I did not read the article, but this stuff is overblown. The goal has always been to get as much talent as you can and win. The portal made things different. Deion took advantage.

Any criticism of Deion as a coach is truly retarded. Colorado sucked. He took over one of the worst P-5 schools. Of course he had to clean house. All the sportsmanship and talk about Deion being an egomaniac is pointless drivel.

Being relevant and actually capable of winning games is better than being 1-11 and having a dying football program.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado actually being good benefits UW in that they could potentially upset SC, Utah, Oregon schools.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    Nebraska
    Always root for your conference guysm!
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Nebraska
    I’m classy
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado

I did not read the article, but this stuff is overblown. The goal has always been to get as much talent as you can and win. The portal made things different. Deion took advantage.

Any criticism of Deion as a coach is truly retarded. Colorado sucked. He took over one of the worst P-5 schools. Of course he had to clean house. All the sportsmanship and talk about Deion being an egomaniac is pointless drivel.

Being relevant and actually capable of winning games is better than being 1-11 and having a dying football program.
    What he's doing works to get you to 5-6 wins but I don't see how you can get to be a "good" team doing what he did. Still great for CU right now don't twist.
  • CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2023
    Colorado
    haie said:

Colorado actually being good benefits UW in that they could potentially upset SC, Utah, Oregon schools.

And the team(s) they upset drop less in the rankings if CU goes 3-0 out of conference, which makes UW's SOS better than it otherwise would be. I also don't know why I should be any more invested in goofy slob Matt Rhule winning than I am in Deion.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Nebraska
    chuck said:

Everyone on the Deion train. How could I be a true part of HCH if I didn’t want to see the train crash and burn. Obvious answer obvious. Go Huskers!

Exactly. Plus, Prime is the guy who toted MC Hammer around, dressed like hi inm, talked like him, and even said things like "we too legit to quit baby" in a post game interview. I want nothing but losing for him, forever.

Yes I'm old enough to remember and petty enough to permanently dislike someone over nothing.

Not enough chins. FTFG.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,903 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado
    I don’t know how you can root against Prime. Love the guy, he’s a winner. They aren’t a threat to us this year, and they aren’t in our conference next year, so I have zero reason to root against CU.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,903 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado
    chuck said:

Everyone on the Deion train. How could I be a true part of HCH if I didn’t want to see the train crash and burn. Obvious answer obvious. Go Huskers!

Exactly. Plus, Prime is the guy who toted MC Hammer around, dressed like hi inm, talked like him, and even said things like "we too legit to quit baby" in a post game interview. I want nothing but losing for him, forever.

Yes I'm old enough to remember and petty enough to permanently dislike someone over nothing.

You sound old
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Nebraska

chuck said:

You sound old
    You could hear that? I look, feel, and act older than I sound.

Prime hasn't won much really. You're calling him a winner, and he looks like he could be, but I'll wait and see if it's true or just a bunch of hot air. That TCU game doesn't really prove much to me.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    Nebraska
    I've spent a lot of time in Colorado, and quite honestly the Nebraska fans were less classy than CU fans. That said, finding CU fans was also much tougher. Also: Fort Collins > Boulder.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Nebraska
    Some comparing prime time to saban already. Time to hang the banner!!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
    Colorado
    One of the afternoon sports talk show yesterday was asking if NFL teams should hire Prime after this season.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,527 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2023
    Nebraska
    Until there's a www.coloradocoeds.com, gotta go with the grain cornfed lasses.

IYKYK

Colorado

One of the afternoon sports talk show yesterday was asking if NFL teams should hire Prime after this season.

Jesus. That is an insane overreaction.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,358
    Nebraska
    Everything I have seen up to date is leading me to believe he will be a very good coach, on what level and how dominant is TBD
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Colorado

I've spent a lot of time in Colorado, and quite honestly the Nebraska fans were less classy than CU fans. That said, finding CU fans was also much tougher. Also: Fort Collins > Boulder.

If you ever decide to give up your fixation on @PurpleBaze, call me!