Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I will say this

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW came out in the second half and their defense inflicted violence on the opponent. That was my biggest takeaway. With all the problems we've had in these scrimmages our secondary is improving without a doubt and we have Danny Fucking Shelton.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club

Sark's hypothetical speech after he beat GS today in a game expiring field goal:

"The team came out flat today and that is on the coaching staff not having the team prepared. Ultimately it falls on me. We are a much better football team than what we showed today. We are happy to get the win considering the circumstances and will use today as a growing experience. A few things need to be cleaned up this week in practice, but I'm proud our guys didn't get down and were able to escape with the win."

One correction:

"I thought the coaches and I had a great game plan. But for whatever reason our guys just didn't execute. I don't know why."
    We had a great week of practice, though.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    edited September 2014

Thats THE biggest takeaway from today. No panic, Petermen didn't throw a fucking hissy fit, and they came out with the plunger. Also, I actually like the way it played out more than a end-to-end rout. The team had a nut check, responded and fucked a little adversity straight in the dumper. I'd much rather get something out of this game like that than another cruise control blowout and have the team thinking they are too cool for school going into Stanford.

They already had a couple of those games. How many do they need exactly? Being down 7 to nothing in the first quarter isn't a huge deal, but to be flat for a half to dreck isn't okay. I'm not going to give a 2-3 yr. window to change the "bad" culture from a 9-4 team. Sure, If they were coming off four and eight, there would be patience. I think they will wake up when they play better competition, it's good they're 4-0, but I expected better. It's not a situation right now where it can just be swept under the rug.
    Full blown doog.

That 9-4 team didn't beat anyone that was actually good all season.

Being surprised that Peterman is blowing that trash up is F3FS.
    You're a fucking idiot. I said it shouldn't take 2 or 3 years to rebuild not that I'm surprised that he's cleaning things up. They played a team that is horrible and took a half to wake up. He gets paid a lot of money to change the culture. I still think he/they will do fine. That doesn't mean there aren't things to be concerned about.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Miley Cyrus said after the game "we absolutely took them lightly"

They were probably drinking, smoking weed, fucking sorority hoes, and talking shit until 5 in the morning
    Maybe they were just hanging out with Swaye? Well, Swaye and his hookers, an eight ball and a fifth of whiskey!

"Iwill pot my liver in joepurdy for you."

Great shit from Swaye as always!

Morning after FREE PUB!
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

They were probably drinking, smoking weed, fucking sorority hoes, and talking shit until 5 in the morning
    I know I was.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Thats THE biggest takeaway from today. No panic, Petermen didn't throw a fucking hissy fit, and they came out with the plunger. Also, I actually like the way it played out more than a end-to-end rout. The team had a nut check, responded and fucked a little adversity straight in the dumper. I'd much rather get something out of this game like that than another cruise control blowout and have the team thinking they are too cool for school going into Stanford.

They already had a couple of those games. How many do they need exactly? Being down 7 to nothing in the first quarter isn't a huge deal, but to be flat for a half to dreck isn't okay. I'm not going to give a 2-3 yr. window to change the "bad" culture from a 9-4 team. Sure, If they were coming off four and eight, there would be patience. I think they will wake up when they play better competition, it's good they're 4-0, but I expected better. It's not a situation right now where it can just be swept under the rug.
    Full blown doog.

That 9-4 team didn't beat anyone that was actually good all season.

Being surprised that Peterman is blowing that trash up is F3FS.
    You're a fucking idiot. I said it shouldn't take 2 or 3 years to rebuild not that I'm surprised that he's cleaning things up. They played a team that is horrible and took a half to wake up. He gets paid a lot of money to change the culture. I still think he/they will do fine. That doesn't mean there aren't things to be concerned about.
    I mean, listen, we talkin bout practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game. We talkin bout practice.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Sark's hypothetical speech after he beat GS today in a game expiring field goal:

"The team came out flat today and that is on the coaching staff not having the team prepared. Ultimately it falls on me. We are a much better football team than what we showed today. We are happy to get the win considering the circumstances and will use today as a growing experience. A few things need to be cleaned up this week in practice, but I'm proud our guys didn't get down and were able to escape with the win."

One correction:

"I thought the coaches and I had a great game plan. But for whatever reason our guys just didn't execute. I don't know why."
    Loved how he passive aggressively throws his players under the bus, then claims responsibility for the disaster.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    droggins said:

"I got bitches in the livin' room gettin' it on / And they ain't leavin' til six in the mornin'"
    six in the morning?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam

droggins said:

"I got bitches in the livin' room gettin' it on / And they ain't leavin' til six in the mornin'"
    six in the morning?
    English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

PurpleJ said:

One correction:

Loved how he passive aggressively throws his players under the bus, then claims responsibility for the disaster.
    as opposed to Leach who called his players cowards then marched them up on stage to explain to the press why?

PurpleJ said:

One correction:

as opposed to Leach who called his players cowards then marched them up on stage to explain to the press why?
    Leach is badass despite his flaws.

Sark is not.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2014

droggins said:

six in the morning?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cxr1-b6Xkc