Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I will say this

If Sark goes in to half down 14-0 to GS today he would either win on a time expiring field goal or lose.

Also I am extremely thankful Sark isn't coaching this team this year. We might be 2-2.

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

Sark's hypothetical speech after he beat GS today in a game expiring field goal:

"The team came out flat today and that is on the coaching staff not having the team prepared. Ultimately it falls on me. We are a much better football team than what we showed today. We are happy to get the win considering the circumstances and will use today as a growing experience. A few things need to be cleaned up this week in practice, but I'm proud our guys didn't get down and were able to escape with the win."

Followed by a petty team ass chewing solely motivated by making him looking bad on TV. As opposed to the ass chewing Petermen will deliver for not playing football correctly.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Thats THE biggest takeaway from today. No panic, Petermen didn't throw a fucking hissy fit, and they came out with the plunger. Also, I actually like the way it played out more than a end-to-end rout. The team had a nut check, responded and fucked a little adversity straight in the dumper. I'd much rather get something out of this game like that than another cruise control blowout and have the team thinking they are too cool for school going into Stanford.

They already had a couple of those games. How many do they need exactly? Being down 7 to nothing in the first quarter isn't a huge deal, but to be flat for a half to dreck isn't okay. I'm not going to give a 2-3 yr. window to change the "bad" culture from a 9-4 team. Sure, If they were coming off four and eight, there would be patience. I think they will wake up when they play better competition, it's good they're 4-0, but I expected better. It's not a situation right now where it can just be swept under the rug.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Thats THE biggest takeaway from today. No panic, Petermen didn't throw a fucking hissy fit, and they came out with the plunger. Also, I actually like the way it played out more than a end-to-end rout. The team had a nut check, responded and fucked a little adversity straight in the dumper. I'd much rather get something out of this game like that than another cruise control blowout and have the team thinking they are too cool for school going into Stanford.

They already had a couple of those games. How many do they need exactly? Being down 7 to nothing in the first quarter isn't a huge deal, but to be flat for a half to dreck isn't okay. I'm not going to give a 2-3 yr. window to change the "bad" culture from a 9-4 team. Sure, If they were coming off four and eight, there would be patience. I think they will wake up when they play better competition, it's good they're 4-0, but I expected better. It's not a situation right now where it can just be swept under the rug.
    You expected what...6-0? 10-0? 14-0?

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468
    Miley Cyrus said after the game "we absolutely took them lightly"
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam

They were probably drinking, smoking weed, fucking sorority hoes, and talking shit until 5 in the morning
    Something wrong with that?
    Absolutely not for 99% of college situations.

See Sark coached teams for when that can become problematic.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

They were probably drinking, smoking weed, fucking sorority hoes, and talking shit until 5 in the morning

Salient point.

Should cut out the smoking and drinking.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

Salient point.

Negatory. The drinking and staying up until 5am.

Smoke fiddy blunts, shit doesn't matter.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

topdawgnc said:

Salient point.

Have you learned nothing?

topdawgnc said:

Salient point.

Have you learned nothing?
    Okay fine. 50 might be pushing it.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    edited September 2014
    So many things went wrong in the first half, some self-inflicted, some not. Sure seemed to me like Peters' 2nd INT (when he was called for PI) was clean but they called it and they scored on the next play.

It was good that GSU blitzed a ton in the first half because other teams will do that as well. It looked like Dexter Charles and Colin Tanigawa didn't have a good first half but rebounded strongly in the 2nd half.

Despite the dreckfest in the 1st half, we nearly came back to cover the spread. That's without our best WR (John Ross) and one of our best OL (RT Ben Riva).

I'm still worried about Miles though. Stanford is going to come after him and he'll need to make some big-time throws under pressure.