Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,076
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

If Putin is the biggest threat since Hitler and wants to go to the English Channel if not stopped in Ukraine why would world War 3 be ridiculous?

Have you seen what Germany looked like when Hitler lost? If he had nukes he would have used them

PGOS is willing to fuck around and find out because of his boyfriend Zelensky

He's not but that doesn't mean Russia isn't the enemy.

When you're Alabama playing Mississippi State you don't quit when you're up 34-17.

Or in this case, when you're playing for the North championship you root for Wazzu to knock Oregon off by even a field goal.

I agree that the admin is lying about the "why". I just overall see it as a net gain to neuter Russia and send a signal to Chy-na about Taiwan(to actually prevent ww3).
    Quite honestly I don't disagree with a lot of this

My opposition has always been about the bad actors in America and the globalist cabal being behind this

And Zelensky is a piece of shit

The bullshit about this whole thing is well, bullshit

Let them kill each other.
    Agree with most of this.

What's happening in Ukraine IS horrible but so long as the Ukrainians are willing to be the ones to fight and die for their country then that's their choice.

I, and I suspect many here who aren't pinkos, would do the same for our own country(not government).

I'll be rooting for Wazzu this week. Things may change next week. Ups and downs of realpolitik.
    It there is a problem, it's a European problem. They don't act like it's a problem, so why are we carrying most of the freight?
    What would you consider "acting like it's a problem" that is beyond the current response while also not dangerously escalating things towards WW3 as you so claim to be concerned about? Should France send Nukes? What exactly is the critique of the European response beyond "not enough" which you also seem to be against "dangerous escalation"? Which is it?

Please draw the middle road you are advocating for and do so in detail with specifics by country since Europe is hardly monolithic in its response.

As per raw numbers the US is the leader but as a percentage of gdp or military spending we aren't close to many other countries. I doubt you expect Luxembourg to out donate even say, Canada, despite the relative interests in security concerns.
    The middle road I'm advocating is that we don't have a national interest in being the world's policeman and rescuing a corrupt Ukraine. Let the Euros figure it out. I don't see the UK, Germany or France on the top list below for some reason. Luxembourg clearly is pulling it's weight though.

==========
    As a share of its GDP, Poland is the biggest defense spender in NATO, budgeting 3.9 percent in 2023. The U.S. is second, spending 3.49 percent, followed by Greece at 3.01 percent, Estonia at 2.73 percent, and Lithuania at 2.54 percent. Luxembourg, at 0.72 percent, is the smallest spender, followed by Belgium at 1.13 percent, Spain at 1.26 percent, Turkey at 1.31 percent, and Slovenia at 1.35 percent.
    Now do percentage of that spending/gdp donated. Belgium/Netherlands basically both donated their entire air forces.

And then bought new stuff from the US.

Similar situations with the Baltic states.

You can argue that the US should be more isolationist, and I have sympathy for that position as @RaceBannon could probably attest to but, ultimately it's hard to maintain unless you want a multipolar world with Russia and the CCP getting to call the shots.

I think you have to be the big dick and throw the big dick energy around. Teddy and Trump style. Smartly, but none the less. #rocketman #solemanishredded

Ad in a long talk about prevention ism and US foreign policy in general.
    Russia has nukes and oil. That's it. NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today. The problem is China and that's where our focus should be. The dems dirty expensive non-reliable US energy policy is a boon for both Russia and China as our energy costs have soared and we are hooked on China's metals and solar panels and wind turbines. So, we have no articulable direct interest in the Ukraine being run by corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs rather than corrupt Russian oligarchs. We do have articulable interests in a secure US border and disengaging from China. The Euros still aren't spending what we do on the military on a GDP percentage.

Your first point is correct. Poland would win a war against Russia, by itself. We know that now, we didn't in early 2022.

The statement was...

NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today.

Extrapolating "NATO without the US could handle Russian conventional forces"
    into
    "Poland would win a war against Russia by itself" is hilarious!

If you mean Poland without NATO, you are playing with about a dozen cards short of a full deck.
    Now do Russia vs Ukraine from 2022 ;)

2023 Russia could not take over 2023 Poland. Case closed
    False

If Poland is such a bad ass wtf does Ukraine need 100 billion from us for.

Send in the Pols

Notice no NATO troops are fighting, dipshit
    Oh nice, start with the name calling when you cant answer the question

Why dont they send in the Pols to take care of old Puty Poot?
    Clearly they would mop the the floor with Putin's conventional forces.
    Dont even need NATO ..right?

Why doesn't Russia send in the troops that can beat Ukraine?

Why doesn't Poland send in troops in a war they aren't part of?

See how dumb this is?
    You haven't been listening for 183 pages that's how dumb this is.

YOU made the ridiculous claim Poland can take Russia all by it's lonesome.
    I call BULLSHIT.
    That was the point and now you're waffling around and moving goal poasts and deflecting as you always do.
    By the stats and numbers and assets you are wrong unless Poland has NATO backing. Case closed.

Russia would not be able to invade Poland.
    Again, you started this thread because you were worried if Russia wasn't stopped immediately they would continue to invade other counties. Now your opinion is they are so weak they couldn't put a dent in Poland. Why the change in opinion?
    I thought Russia had a second wind in them.

Turns out they dont
    So are we calling the August Spring offensive a success? Or still in LIP territory?
    LIPO territory
    Big tim lipo. The Kherson offensive was criticized for the same lack of movement. Until Russian logistics and reserves collapsed then half an oblast was liberated in less than a week. Not saying that will happen don't twist.

If the Ukrainians take either bakhmut or tokmak I'd say it's a success. Bakhmut bc politically that would cause the Russians major embarrassment and they just snuffed the guy that took it. Tokmak bc it would sever Russian logistics between the eastern and western fronts and leave Crimea in a precarious position.

That's the bar for a 9-3 season imo. We can talk bowl season after the rain sets in.
    I put out this scenario early in this thread and it was pretty much ignored. Ukraine begins to have a successful offensive and the Crimea is threatened. Putin announces he will set off a tactical nuke on the Ukrainian forces. If NATO responds with a tactical nuclear response Putin says he will take out Dallas. Putin now in a box does set off a nuke and then the dementia patient does what?
    Putin isn't using nukes. He isn't suicidal.

This logic flies in the face of everything you were saying about his character the first 95% of this thread.

No, it isn't. Try again
    Keep those goal posts on the move, turbo.

Never once have I said Putin will use nukes. HTH
    You have very much said he is on his way to the English Channel. Which would effectively have the same outcome.

He pivoted to Kazakhstan. A place I care even less about.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2023
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

If Putin is the biggest threat since Hitler and wants to go to the English Channel if not stopped in Ukraine why would world War 3 be ridiculous?

Have you seen what Germany looked like when Hitler lost? If he had nukes he would have used them

When you're Alabama playing Mississippi State you don't quit when you're up 34-17.

Or in this case, when you're playing for the North championship you root for Wazzu to knock Oregon off by even a field goal.

I agree that the admin is lying about the "why". I just overall see it as a net gain to neuter Russia and send a signal to Chy-na about Taiwan(to actually prevent ww3).

My opposition has always been about the bad actors in America and the globalist cabal being behind this

Agree with most of this.

What's happening in Ukraine IS horrible but so long as the Ukrainians are willing to be the ones to fight and die for their country then that's their choice.

I, and I suspect many here who aren't pinkos, would do the same for our own country(not government).

I'll be rooting for Wazzu this week. Things may change next week. Ups and downs of realpolitik.
    It there is a problem, it's a European problem. They don't act like it's a problem, so why are we carrying most of the freight?
    What would you consider "acting like it's a problem" that is beyond the current response while also not dangerously escalating things towards WW3 as you so claim to be concerned about? Should France send Nukes? What exactly is the critique of the European response beyond "not enough" which you also seem to be against "dangerous escalation"? Which is it?

Please draw the middle road you are advocating for and do so in detail with specifics by country since Europe is hardly monolithic in its response.

As per raw numbers the US is the leader but as a percentage of gdp or military spending we aren't close to many other countries. I doubt you expect Luxembourg to out donate even say, Canada, despite the relative interests in security concerns.
    The middle road I'm advocating is that we don't have a national interest in being the world's policeman and rescuing a corrupt Ukraine. Let the Euros figure it out. I don't see the UK, Germany or France on the top list below for some reason. Luxembourg clearly is pulling it's weight though.

==========
    As a share of its GDP, Poland is the biggest defense spender in NATO, budgeting 3.9 percent in 2023. The U.S. is second, spending 3.49 percent, followed by Greece at 3.01 percent, Estonia at 2.73 percent, and Lithuania at 2.54 percent. Luxembourg, at 0.72 percent, is the smallest spender, followed by Belgium at 1.13 percent, Spain at 1.26 percent, Turkey at 1.31 percent, and Slovenia at 1.35 percent.
    Now do percentage of that spending/gdp donated. Belgium/Netherlands basically both donated their entire air forces.

You can argue that the US should be more isolationist, and I have sympathy for that position as @RaceBannon could probably attest to but, ultimately it's hard to maintain unless you want a multipolar world with Russia and the CCP getting to call the shots.

I think you have to be the big dick and throw the big dick energy around. Teddy and Trump style. Smartly, but none the less. #rocketman #solemanishredded

Russia has nukes and oil. That's it. NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today. The problem is China and that's where our focus should be. The dems dirty expensive non-reliable US energy policy is a boon for both Russia and China as our energy costs have soared and we are hooked on China's metals and solar panels and wind turbines. So, we have no articulable direct interest in the Ukraine being run by corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs rather than corrupt Russian oligarchs. We do have articulable interests in a secure US border and disengaging from China. The Euros still aren't spending what we do on the military on a GDP percentage.

Your first point is correct. Poland would win a war against Russia, by itself. We know that now, we didn't in early 2022.

The statement was...

NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today.

into

If you mean Poland without NATO, you are playing with about a dozen cards short of a full deck.

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.
    That was the point and now you're waffling around and moving goal poasts and deflecting as you always do.
    By the stats and numbers and assets you are wrong unless Poland has NATO backing. Case closed.

Again, you started this thread because you were worried if Russia wasn't stopped immediately they would continue to invade other counties. Now your opinion is they are so weak they couldn't put a dent in Poland. Why the change in opinion?

Turns out they dont
    So are we calling the August Spring offensive a success? Or still in LIP territory?
    LIPO territory
    Big tim lipo. The Kherson offensive was criticized for the same lack of movement. Until Russian logistics and reserves collapsed then half an oblast was liberated in less than a week. Not saying that will happen don't twist.

If the Ukrainians take either bakhmut or tokmak I'd say it's a success. Bakhmut bc politically that would cause the Russians major embarrassment and they just snuffed the guy that took it. Tokmak bc it would sever Russian logistics between the eastern and western fronts and leave Crimea in a precarious position.

That's the bar for a 9-3 season imo. We can talk bowl season after the rain sets in.
    I put out this scenario early in this thread and it was pretty much ignored. Ukraine begins to have a successful offensive and the Crimea is threatened. Putin announces he will set off a tactical nuke on the Ukrainian forces. If NATO responds with a tactical nuclear response Putin says he will take out Dallas. Putin now in a box does set off a nuke and then the dementia patient does what?
    Putin isn't using nukes. He isn't suicidal.

This logic flies in the face of everything you were saying about his character the first 95% of this thread.

No, it isn't. Try again
    Keep those goal posts on the move, turbo.

Never once have I said Putin will use nukes. HTH
    You have very much said he is on his way to the English Channel. Which would effectively have the same outcome.

That isnt happening anytime soon

He held onto power despite his best general turning around, marching on the capital, and shooting down multiple KA-52 alligators (maybe the best piece of equipment Russia builds)

Then he blew that generals plane up after faking reconciliation.

Putin is a lot of things but a bad mafia boss is not one of them. He has total control over the FSB and internal people with the capability to kill him arent thinking of it unless things get much worse. Too risky when life in Moscow itself is still cushy.

However, if Ukraine were to feasibly take back Crimea, at that point Putin may well find himself falling through a 4th story glass window at his vacation mansion.

I don't think Russia uses nukes. That risks getting Russia itself nuked or invaded, isolates China, and effectively ends their mafia business.

Nuclear apocalypse is even worse for the country than embarrassing themselves in Ukraine. The Russian leadership is good at what they do in this sense and isn't suicidal. The propaganda experts have been telling the population this is Russia versus all of NATO on the frontline for over a year now.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    We shouldn't be here. Peace should have been negotiated but all the political powers you claim to not support wanted nothing to do with peace because they couldnt continue to profit from the corruption.
    Fuck off

Ukraine can defend themselves from Russia. Deal with it.
    Um, no they demonstrably cannot "defend themselves" without billions from NATO, NATO training, NATO weapons, etc.

Might want to look "themselves" up in the dictionary, you propagandizing twit.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    We shouldn't be here. Peace should have been negotiated but all the political powers you claim to not support wanted nothing to do with peace because they couldnt continue to profit from the corruption.
    Fuck off

Um, no they demonstrably cannot "defend themselves" without billions from NATO, NATO training, NATO weapons, etc.

They are the ones doing the dying

I am ok with 50 cents worth of my taxes going to help ukraine defend themselves

That might bust your budget
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nukes! Ww3! Paging @ThomasFremont ghost.

Anyways, I broke down and posted links why Putin won't use nukes. Also "tactical" nukes aren't really a thing. It's pretty much nuclear winter or bust.

Nuclear deterence is a long established thing and proxy wars aren't new.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

https://www.econlib.org/how-much-is-u-s-aid-to-ukraine-costing-you/

How much will that cost the average household? There are approximately 131.2 million households in the United States. So the average cost per household is $113 billion divided by 131.2 million, which is $861.

Real money to most American households.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

The 8 mile long replies are dumb. This thread is very tedious and basically unreadable now.

Thanks for reading!

• Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

The 8 mile long replies are dumb. This thread is very tedious and basically unreadable now.

Tldr no nukes
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,022
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Please burn this thread! Ukraine needs to go away.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

How much will that cost the average household? There are approximately 131.2 million households in the United States. So the average cost per household is $113 billion divided by 131.2 million, which is $861.

Counting sunk cost as new expenditures.

If the US ships 1 billion worth of hardware that was paid for in 2005 and had a planned decommission in 2025 that would cost 200 million how much did it cost?

• Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

If the US ships 1 billion worth of hardware that was paid for in 2005 and had a planned decommission in 2025 that would cost 200 million how much did it cost?

Better to give Ukraine old shit than the Taliban

Rather easily
  • Options

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

Rather easily
    Patriot missile batteries and current Abrams tanks are not old equipment. You probably cheered arming the Taliban too.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

Rather easily
    Patriot missile batteries and current Abrams tanks are not old equipment. You probably cheered arming the Taliban too.
    Look, America rules the world and we have the post World War II record to prove it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

Rather easily
    Patriot is 1984.

Abrams is 1980.

Both have newer replacement systems already.

Patriot probably has some relevance moving forward even with a neutered Russia. Parking 8 or so on Taiwan comes to mind.

Abrams was specifically designed to eat commie tanks. Not going to be a huge need for loads of them if all those commie tanks are burning hulks in Ukraine. Tanks aren't great for naval Island hopping in the Pacific.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

Rather easily
    Patriot is 1984.

Abrams is 1980.

Patriot probably has some relevance moving forward even with a neutered Russia. Parking 8 or so on Taiwan comes to mind.

Abrams was specifically designed to eat commie tanks. Not going to be a huge need for loads of them if all those commie tanks are burning hulks in Ukraine. Tanks aren't great for naval Island hopping in the Pacific.
    The last tim I thought and cared enough to look, the Patriot batteries sent were 2 or 3 "Blocks" old. Why we don't update old airframes to new blocks, I don't know, but that's no how it's done and nothing to do with Ukraine or anywhere else. What Ukraine has is the shit that had a rather dubious record versus Scuds in 1991-1992. At least that's what I remember. I hope the current US fielded Patriot batteries are better, but I digress.

Same with Abrams tanks. The Mod nomenclature is byzantine. The important part is the M1Ax part. Again, why don't the upgrade the all existing hulls, don't know.
  • Options

Sledog said:

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

Rather easily
    Patriot is 1984.

Abrams is 1980.

"What is the US most advanced air defense system?
    Patriot missile system. The Patriot is the U.S. military's most advanced air defense system, with a range of roughly 20 to 100 miles, depending on the threat. It was designed as an antiaircraft system, but newer variants of Patriot can also engage ballistic and cruise missiles and drones.May 19, 2023"

They are building Ukraines M1's as we type.

That's not old shit.

We are critically short of even 155mm Howitzer ammunition! SloJoe said so on air and revealed top secret information. He's not in jail though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2023
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

Rather easily
    Patriot is 1984.

Abrams is 1980.

Patriot missile system. The Patriot is the U.S. military's most advanced air defense system, with a range of roughly 20 to 100 miles, depending on the threat. It was designed as an antiaircraft system, but newer variants of Patriot can also engage ballistic and cruise missiles and drones.May 19, 2023"

That's not old shit.

We are critically short of even 155mm Howitzer ammunition! SloJoe said so on air and revealed top secret information. He's not in jail though.
    Yeah because 155m Howitzer ammo is going to save us from Chy-na

Christ

Production ramped up to replace the shells anyways.

If the US gets in some archaic artillery war it's fucking toast. So much would've had to go wrong it's not even funny

The Air Force alone would wipe the floor with chy-na
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

pawz said:

RoadTrip said:

Bob_C said:

RoadTrip said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Blueduck said:

Agree with most of this.

==========

The statement was...

into

False

Send in the Pols

See how dumb this is?

I call BULLSHIT.

Turns out they dont
    LIPO territory
    Fuck off

Calculated Feb '23.

Rather easily
    Patriot is 1984.

Abrams is 1980.

That's not old shit.

Yeah because 155m Howitzer ammo is going to save us from Chy-na

Christ

Production ramped up to replace the shells anyways.

If the US gets in some archaic artillery war it's fucking toast. So much would've had to go wrong it's not even funny

The Air Force alone would wipe the floor with chy-na
    We have exactly one factory to make those shells. This isn't the 1940's. Odd they need all that artillery in Ukraine isn't it. Are you really this clueless. We use arty like water! You have no actual facts for youer arguments. Ukraine is a corrupt hell hole. I do not care what happens to it. Zelenski is a billionaire from our tax dollars. he doesn't give a shit to buy weapons and enriches himself. Until he's gone nothing will change.