Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Live from the Clubhouse Grill in Everett

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

haie said:

Waiting around for *a* beer gets so old nowadays that I'm pretty close to just being that asshole who walks up to the bar himself to order one.

Problem with the service now at Washington (don't know other places) is you go to a table they ignore you for at least 10-15 minutes then if you go up to the bar they get super butthurt. It's a lose-lose.
    Then, if you don’t give them a 25% tip for bringing you a couple $9 beers, you get yelled at for being a cheap motherfucker.
    You've had waitresses literally yell at you?
    The funny thing is that unless you're at high end, top dollar places no one acts like they even care enough to work for a good tip.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

haie said:

Waiting around for *a* beer gets so old nowadays that I'm pretty close to just being that asshole who walks up to the bar himself to order one.

Problem with the service now at Washington (don't know other places) is you go to a table they ignore you for at least 10-15 minutes then if you go up to the bar they get super butthurt. It's a lose-lose.
    Then, if you don’t give them a 25% tip for bringing you a couple $9 beers, you get yelled at for being a cheap motherfucker.
    You've had waitresses literally yell at you?
    Ahem … servers. And not at me, but at a friend. Actually it’s happened twice — different places.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    Going to bars is so 2019

Unless you're in someplace warm and tropical - then it's awesome.

Seattle area? Likely going to be depressing
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The alien rape chamber is BACK!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam

Going to bars is so 2019

Half the games last year I grabbed a quick beer at shultzy's and just opted to bring a 6 pack back to my hotel room.

It really is a bad postgame vibe compared to Eugene, Corvallis, Tempe, and some other places in the Pac. Especially in 2021.

Probably only better than Palo Alto and Berkeley.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Going to bars is so 2019

Half the games last year I grabbed a quick beer at shultzy's and just opted to bring a 6 pack back to my hotel room.

It really is a bad postgame vibe compared to Eugene, Corvallis, Tempe, and some other places in the Pac. Especially in 2021.

I fucking love Shultzy's
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Going to bars is so 2019

There's an epic Pup rant about this that will air during Oregon week
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Just listened to this episode and need to know what happened to the lady who fell down at the pull tabs? Did she live? Did @WoolleyDoog hook up with her?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Just listened to this episode and need to know what happened to the lady who fell down at the pull tabs? Did she live? Did @WoolleyDoog hook up with her?

No she fell down in the parking lot. Like a sack of potatoes. Except she probably weight about 95 pounds.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

No she fell down in the parking lot. Like a sack of potatoes. Except she probably weight about 95 pounds.
    So she died while you were podding… dark shit. Did @trublue then hook up with her?
  • Options
    Founders Club

She wandered back in maybe 10-15 minutes later. I think I said something on the pod as she re-entered.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,996
    Founders Club

She wandered back in maybe 10-15 minutes later. I think I said something on the pod as she re-entered.
    You might have but between the server talking to you guys and the karaoke, I couldn’t 81% of the pod.
  • Options
    Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 450
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

Going to bars is so 2019

There's an epic Pup rant about this that will air during Oregon week
    Oh fuck yeah
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

Going to bars is so 2019

I fucking love Shultzy's
    The boot at Schultzy's was a good way to start a night on the ave.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

You might have but between the server talking to you guys and the karaoke, I couldn’t 81% of the pod.
    What about the woman who came up, interrupted us, and asked if we were doing a podcast? Like if you think someone is doing that why in the hell would you barge over and ask that?
  • Options
    Founders Club

What about the woman who came up, interrupted us, and asked if we were doing a podcast? Like if you think someone is doing that why in the hell would you barge over and ask that?
    I thought she might've been a server. You could've told her you're recording a live album of the karaoke singers.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why wouldn't you get the broccoli cheddar?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Why wouldn't you get the broccoli cheddar?

More of a chowder guysm
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    Founders Club
    Thought it was a fantastic episode. Laughed my ass off when the karaoke started. And as they say, the podcast ends when they lady that can’t stand up stats vomiting
  • Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I listened to the two most recent pods on a long drive today. Nice work, great content. Keep it coming!