Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Any Dead fans in here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Their first album is dynomite, Viola Lee Blues, Good Morning Little School Girl - and I think their best is Working Man's Dead - thus sending me to cuntry/blues rather easily

Edit: seen live at Volunteer Park - they used to play all over Seattle area back in the day when they were making a name for themselves. Can't remember* how many times I saw them live.

*for some really good reasons

The first album is fine and lays the ground work but pale in comparison to the best of what 1967 had to offer.

But Workingman's Dead is where they finally found their sound.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Their first album is dynomite, Viola Lee Blues, Good Morning Little School Girl - and I think their best is Working Man's Dead - thus sending me to cuntry/blues rather easily

Edit: seen live at Volunteer Park - they used to play all over Seattle area back in the day when they were making a name for themselves. Can't remember* how many times I saw them live.

*for some really good reasons

The first album is fine and lays the ground work but pale in comparison to the best of what 1967 had to offer.

But Workingman's Dead is where they finally found their sound.
    Tough to upvote and down vote at the same time. Seattle '71 is a hot hot show with Pig, new songs, coke, whiskey and a lot of lsd. But I am a sucker for the '60s raw psychedelia studio albums