Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here to get this off my chest

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Interesting that so far there is a lot of talk about what Washington is as a football team and it essentially it is some variant of “we are a fat lesbo school that loves queer colors”.

Seems to ignore our roots as loggers and fisherman. Our 100 plus year history as a football power. And we have a football following equal to any program in the country. Both times I was at the Georgia dome we had 20,000 plus fans in the stands. Don’t be fooled by the Amazon and the Microsoft and the Biotech companies. We are Boeing and Weyerhaeuser and Paccar/Kenworth when it comes to football.

Fuck all y’all bitches. Washington is coming for you. And after we’ve beat the shit out of you, the drag queens of college football down in Eugene will get a turn.

When the quintessential WASHINGTON movie comes out in December our new B1G frenemies will not know what to do with themselves.

Need to pair a playoff appearance this year with that upcoming free pub.

(Movie info link for those not familiar yet: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1856080/)
    Liberal playbook will work nicely with that movie: anyone that doesn’t like UW is a Nazi.

I know, TITTT
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

The B1G should have taken Stanford and/or Cal over Oregon.

Academis
    Tradition
    Bay Area Market
    Brand Identity/Similarity

You’re lucky you have uncle Phil, not Warshington.

Don’t be a dick.Oregon draws ratings and are seen as innovative. Was that with Phil’s money? Sure, but they still had to do shit with it. The Bay Area didn’t watch Stanford even when they had Andrew luck. It’s not a college sports region.
    It’s goofy to believe Cal and Stanford matter because they are in the Bay Area and it’s an important market. This isn’t professional sports. The highest rated teams on television are not from huge markets. Cal and Stanford don’t give a fuck about football and have never gotten large attendances or high tv ratings.
    I believe @pawz wasn't entirely serious is making his post.
    It wasn’t directed towards him.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Interesting that so far there is a lot of talk about what Washington is as a football team and it essentially it is some variant of “we are a fat lesbo school that loves queer colors”.

Seems to ignore our roots as loggers and fisherman. Our 100 plus year history as a football power. And we have a football following equal to any program in the country. Both times I was at the Georgia dome we had 20,000 plus fans in the stands. Don’t be fooled by the Amazon and the Microsoft and the Biotech companies. We are Boeing and Weyerhaeuser and Paccar/Kenworth when it comes to football.

Fuck all y’all bitches. Washington is coming for you. And after we’ve beat the shit out of you, the drag queens of college football down in Eugene will get a turn.

When the quintessential WASHINGTON movie comes out in December our new B1G frenemies will not know what to do with themselves.

(Movie info link for those not familiar yet: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1856080/)
    I’ll be at the White Wakanda Regal 16 signing autographs for the Milfs.

Mrs Snow hates Boys in the Boat Free Pub and will likely boycott.
    I advised the (B1G) family that our Christmas plans are to go to that. They’ve rolled their eyes a few times. They don’t have a choice.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Thank you UW. Seriously. Being stuck in the pac would have been the end of both programs. It’s why sc left and wanted to block
    Oregon and UW badly —they were trying to kill off any other competitive programs out west.

I’m gonna get drunk tonight because this was really stressing me out. I didn’t have faith in mullens or Cohen. But they got it done. I love all of you.

The Midwest hates all that you stand for and only brought you on for late night content. You will enjoy the worst schedules and will eventually be Illini status.

You and Oregon will be the first tangible victims of the culture war.

Your fantasy of “they wouldn’t have invited us unless they wanted us” will be shattered by 2026. You’re both fillers for the real realignment.
    So, Oregon and Oregon will be the first tangible victims of the culture war. According to whom? Brian Kelly and Brain Kelly?

For fucks sake, junior. Call it a night.
    When you're hitting the keyboard with both fists, these kinds of gaffes are bound to happen.
    Let he who hast never drooled on the keybored cast thee first stoned!
  • Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

(Movie info link for those not familiar yet: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1856080/

Fixed the link. Can't dangle a closing ')' in there.

• Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And @kaepsknee is really a jilted coog fan? That explains it.

So, kaepsknee, yay or nay on continuing the Apple Cup at Husky Stadium every year. WSU gets $500k and can park the bus right up front.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Arc said:

And @kaepsknee is really a jilted coog fan? That explains it.

So, kaepsknee, yay or nay on continuing the Apple Cup at Husky Stadium every year. WSU gets $500k and can park the bus right up front.

Meh, the light rail from Seatac works just fine.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Thank you UW. Seriously. Being stuck in the pac would have been the end of both programs. It’s why sc left and wanted to block
    Oregon and UW badly —they were trying to kill off any other competitive programs out west.

I’m gonna get drunk tonight because this was really stressing me out. I didn’t have faith in mullens or Cohen. But they got it done. I love all of you.

The Midwest hates all that you stand for and only brought you on for late night content. You will enjoy the worst schedules and will eventually be Illini status.

Your fantasy of “they wouldn’t have invited us unless they wanted us” will be shattered by 2026. You’re both fillers for the real realignment.

When you go to most schools, most students will wonder why Washington is in the league now. And the History major will say well, they won a Rose Bowl against Purdue 25 years ago.

And belly laughs will ensue.
    Let me get this straight. The fans of other schools might talk shit if we? don't show up and dominate? Look out! Lolz.

This involves money and positioning in the sport that pays for all the other shit about which the limp wristed crowd cares so much. It's a home run for UW and UO, given how the table was already set. It elevates recruiting, national visibility, facilities development, alumni giving ... you name it. The alternative is already playing out: become Mountain West +. There is no spinning out of that. Pac 12 helped elevate Cuog, Beav, Arizonas and Cal. They brought little to the table, though admittedly Cal brought history, old though it was. So entirely predictable that Cuog, Beav etc. would feel jilted. We? understand. Don't go away mad. Just go away. Or something.
    They brought little to the table other than consistent victories in the TV PAC 12 era. STFU greaseball. Stick to your abhorrent lawyer talk that no one GAF about.

You will probably be pegged, and hard in the East division with frequent trips to Maryland and Rutgers. The new Fish like you will be butt raped schedule wise and the whole West Coast is here for it.
    So same as the usual scheduling that the Pac always dished out?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

What? This surprises me.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

What? This surprises me.
    I’m surprised you’re surprised and also surprised you’re not using this information to your advantage to get to know Mrs Snow better.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

What? This surprises me.
    I’m surprised you’re surprised and also surprised you’re not using this information to your advantage to get to know Mrs Snow better.
    Who is to say I won’t? 😉
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

When you go to most schools, most students will wonder why Washington is in the league now. And the History major will say well, they won a Rose Bowl against Purdue 25 years ago.

And belly laughs will ensue.
    Let me get this straight. The fans of other schools might talk shit if we? don't show up and dominate? Look out! Lolz.

This involves money and positioning in the sport that pays for all the other shit about which the limp wristed crowd cares so much. It's a home run for UW and UO, given how the table was already set. It elevates recruiting, national visibility, facilities development, alumni giving ... you name it. The alternative is already playing out: become Mountain West +. There is no spinning out of that. Pac 12 helped elevate Cuog, Beav, Arizonas and Cal. They brought little to the table, though admittedly Cal brought history, old though it was. So entirely predictable that Cuog, Beav etc. would feel jilted. We? understand. Don't go away mad. Just go away. Or something.
    They brought little to the table other than consistent victories in the TV PAC 12 era. STFU greaseball. Stick to your abhorrent lawyer talk that no one GAF about.

You will probably be pegged, and hard in the East division with frequent trips to Maryland and Rutgers. The new Fish like you will be butt raped schedule wise and the whole West Coast is here for it.
    Greaseball? Lawyer talk?

Take it back Cuog.
    I take it back.

Sorry. It’s been a rough weak.

When you lose your Athletic program? It hurts. A lot. I’m not sure there’s a beach long enough for it. But that’s show biz.

I apologize to rowboat as well. I’m not trying to save face here. Just trying to right my true wrongs in meltdown ‘23.
    *We? all knew our favorite, Nebraska classy, Cuog poster would come back around.

I wanted to doog piss all over USC when they announced.

Actually I still do.