Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wazzu’s law school sucks

Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,828
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
https://washingtonstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-pac-12-pre-nup….26208/

No member shall deliver a notice of withdrawal to the Conference in the period beginning on July 24, 2011, and ending on August 1, 2024; provided, that if any member does deliver a notice of withdrawal prior to August 1, 2024, in violation of this chapter,

Hey idiot Cougs: Washington, Oregon, USC, and UCLA aren’t withdrawing prior to 8/1/2024.

These idiots think they are entitled to a big pool of money, but that isn’t happening because nobody is leaving the conference prior to 8/1/2024.

Comments

• Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    Yeah, I was reading that thread. Some of them seem convinced that a notice of withdrawal has been delivered (verbally or otherwise) and that entitles the remaining schools to all of the money. I'm pretty sure that is not how it works, but whatever, let them hold onto that final straw of hope. Also, if that were really the case, any remaining Pac school cannot leave or even announce their intention to leave until August 2024 and doing that could really be a bad move in the long term.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Arc said:

Yeah, I was reading that thread. Some of them seem convinced that a notice of withdrawal has been delivered (verbally or otherwise) and that entitles the remaining schools to all of the money. I'm pretty sure that is not how it works, but whatever, let them hold onto that final straw of hope. Also, if that were really the case, any remaining Pac school cannot leave or even announce their intention to leave until August 2024 and doing that could really be a bad move in the long term.

So if we give notice that "we're leaving the Pac-12 on 8/1/2024" before 8/1/2024, that means we're leaving before 8/1/2024?
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,828
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Arc said:

Yeah, I was reading that thread. Some of them seem convinced that a notice of withdrawal has been delivered (verbally or otherwise) and that entitles the remaining schools to all of the money. I'm pretty sure that is not how it works, but whatever, let them hold onto that final straw of hope.

If the idiots get their way and they sit on their asses waiting for a magical pot of gold next August, there is no hope. No gold, no future conference, no 2024 football schedule.

Pro tip for Coug fans:

Washington, Oregon, USC, and UCLA have law schools. You don’t. These schools know what they are doing, which is why nobody is leaving prior to 8/24 and why stubborn, stupid Cougs get nothing which is why they need to hurry up and join another conference.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Arc said:

So if we give notice that "we're leaving the Pac-12 on 8/1/2024" before 8/1/2024, that means we're leaving before 8/1/2024?
    Through a combination of coug logic and desperation, I can totally see how someone can get to this conclusion.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CascadiaCoug and CougaFagra are embarrassing and always have been.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This thread is a meaningless bandwidth massacre until our resident coug lawyer chimes in. Amirite, @creepycoug?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    8 schools are heading to other conferences after the 2024 season and contract is up.

They tried to make it work for over a year.

What does WSU think they have a case for?

How is a school supposed to leave?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

On August 1 2024 the Pac-12 does not exist. The contract has expired. You can't leave what doesn't exist. The schools which are gone have announced what they are doing on August 1 2024. That's it.

Coug-ing until the end

They're really going to try and squeeze money out of this for a year+, aren't they.

Even with the UC system situation many people think UCLA will end up having to give nothing.
  • Options
    TomRinaldisPianoTomRinaldisPiano Member Posts: 90
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Someone (guess who) at Montlake "promised" WSUs AD UW wouldn't leave without WSU. Said individual also vouched for Larry Scott, calling him "innovative." PAC-12 schools would see abundant riches from streaming (lol)...."Coming out of my cage
    And I've been doing just fine..."
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,054
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    They get all of the money minus the $70 mil that goes to Comcast.

Congrats
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It is a guarantee dough, but WSU leaders and others have a conference mind-set.

What is this guy's first language?