Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington State, Stanford unhappy after Washington, Oregon join Pac-12 defections with move to Big

2»

Comments

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

Oregon State is the only one who sounds like they give a shit. All the other quotes are “meh” in nature.

Washington State definitely gives a shit

They spent a bunch of fucking money and need to be good right fucking now
    They need to reach out to Jody Allen ASAP. Renaming Martin Stadium to Paul Allen Stadium should be worth a good chunk of that $100m.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

I seem to remember reading multiple articles about how Scott Barnes at Oregon State was the biggest Larry Scott cuck and was consistently a barrier to change at the conference level. You made your bed OSU and Bay Area.

ASU Prez Michael Crow would like a word.

That guy lived for having Larry Scott’s balls on his chin.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thanks Taft!

I feel bed for them but fuck them.

I don't feel bad for them; buttfuck 'em.
    First little dick weighs in.

Congrats.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    haie said:

MelloDawg said:

Oregon State is the only one who sounds like they give a shit. All the other quotes are “meh” in nature.

I don't think winning this year or any year after is going to solve their problems.

Previous AD/Admin set a death spiral in motion and I don't know where they can get the money besides begging as many alums as they can.

And from a pretty wealthy coug I know that wears his Cougar Athletic Fund rubber bracelet thing every time I see him, "We have the most passionate football alums/fans in the conference but we are also the stingiest."

It also doesn't help that they fired their good coach, and his replacement looks and acts like he should be the DC at Wyoming. He's not getting anyone fired up to spend.
    Just when I think you can’t be more stupid, you totally prove me wrong.

They only fired their coach because the State mandated it.

And with all of that considered, the new coach did pretty well all things considered. Blew your ass out his first year and went toe to toe with DeBeers for most of that game.

Why do you continue to embarrass yourself on this board when you could just be drinking shitty IPA and creating horror stories that the waitress’ compare at the end of the night.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

MelloDawg said:

I don't think winning this year or any year after is going to solve their problems.

Previous AD/Admin set a death spiral in motion and I don't know where they can get the money besides begging as many alums as they can.

And from a pretty wealthy coug I know that wears his Cougar Athletic Fund rubber bracelet thing every time I see him, "We have the most passionate football alums/fans in the conference but we are also the stingiest."

It also doesn't help that they fired their good coach, and his replacement looks and acts like he should be the DC at Wyoming. He's not getting anyone fired up to spend.

And with all of that considered, the new coach did pretty well all things considered. Blew your ass out his first year and went toe to toe with DeBeers for most of that game.

Why do you continue to embarrass yourself on this board when you could just be drinking shitty IPA and creating horror stories that the waitress’ compare at the end of the night.
    Peak cuog.

NGAF about 2021 and DeBoer scored *51* points this year 🤣

What the fuck is up with your dumb take that Dickert is more than a Mountain West DC?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Thanks Taft!

Congrats.
    @huskyhooligan disagrees.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kaepsknee said:

Thanks Taft!

Congrats.
    @huskyhooligan disagrees.
    I massively disagree as @PurpleBaze has a massive dong.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

With Damone gone, Nacho is now our resident King of Typos

Thanks Nacho!!

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chief Cuog:

Dear Cuog Village,

The last few weeks have been tumultuous for Washington State University and the Pac 12 Conference. The decision by the University of Washington and the University of Oregon to accept offers to join the Big 10 Conference sealed the fate of the Pac 12. By the end of the day on Friday, only four members of the Pac 12 remained — Washington State, Oregon State, Cal Berkeley, and Stanford.
    The Pac 12 Board of Directors is composed of all the sitting Presidents and Chancellors of the current member institutions, and we met 30 times over the past 12 months in an attempt to work out a future media rights deal that all conference members found suitable. During this time, we had multiple media partners spend months discussing media deals only to drop out at the last minute, mostly due to the rapidly changing sports media environment.
    On Tuesday, Commissioner George Kliavkoff presented the Board of Directors with an innovative and forward-looking partnership proposal with Apple. The approach proposed by Apple was a subscription-based model that would utilize Apple TV for streaming athletic contests. This model carried with it an opportunity to significantly grow the revenue coming into each school over the next several years. As an Apple user and enthusiast, I looked forward to seeing how we could integrate Pac 12 sports into the Apple environment — similar to what they have successfully achieved with Major League Soccer.
    The guaranteed annual money from this proposal was not at the current level of support that all schools receive, but there was a general acknowledgment that streaming Pac 12 media was clearly the direction media consumption was going. After several board meetings and robust discussion among all nine schools, we finished our board meeting on Thursday evening with a strong feeling of staying together, pursuing a new partnership with Apple, and moving forward with conference expansion.
    On Friday morning, we were shocked when the University of Washington and the University of Oregon announced they had accepted Big 10 invitations. I genuinely felt that on Friday morning we would sign the needed paperwork, finalize the deal with Apple, and move the Pac 12 toward a new and brighter future.
    Immediately after the decision, Pat Chun and I started reaching out to colleagues around the nation to start working on options for Cougar Athletics. We talked with multiple conference commissioners, presidents and chancellors, athletic directors, and other leaders in college athletics. These efforts continued through the weekend — and will continue until we find a suitable home for Washington State athletics. I am in regular contact with the leaders from the remaining Pac 12 schools and will continue to do so moving forward.
    Because these conversations are often confidential, we are not able to provide updates on whom we are talking to and when. At this point, we are pursuing every possible opportunity to ensure that we have multiple options moving forward.
    I will be standing up a small group of faculty, staff, athletic administrators, and student leaders to provide feedback on conference options for WSU as our pathway forward becomes more clear in the days and weeks ahead. This group will be announced to the Cougar community by the end of the week.
    I know many of you are angry and upset by the situation WSU finds itself in — and it is tempting to lash out. As President of WSU, my responsibility at this time is to work with Pat Chun on as many options as possible for Cougar Athletics moving forward — taking into account things like institutional fit, geography and travel costs, competitiveness, and financial security.
    What can you do to help?
    • Regardless of our future conference affiliation, I ask that you continue to support our 600+ WSU student-athletes, other fans, and our coaches.
    • Embrace our new future as college athletics continues to go through significant and unprecedented changes.
    • Be patient as we explore our next conference affiliation — and know that we want to take the time to find the right place for Cougar Athletics.

Whatever solution we come up with, it will be different moving forward. Washington State has been a member of the same athletic conference since 1917, which has served us very well over the past 106 years. I ask for your support over the coming days, weeks, and months as we work diligently to find the right home for Cougar Athletics.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm shocked that he was shocked that UW & Oregon decided to LEAVE the conference.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

MelloDawg said:

Peak cuog.

NGAF about 2021 and DeBoer scored *51* points this year 🤣

What the fuck is up with your dumb take that Dickert is more than a Mountain West DC?
    You’re totally not a mental case.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chief Cuog:

Dear Cuog Village,

The last few weeks have been tumultuous for Washington State University and the Pac 12 Conference. The decision by the University of Washington and the University of Oregon to accept offers to join the Big 10 Conference sealed the fate of the Pac 12. By the end of the day on Friday, only four members of the Pac 12 remained — Washington State, Oregon State, Cal Berkeley, and Stanford.
    The Pac 12 Board of Directors is composed of all the sitting Presidents and Chancellors of the current member institutions, and we met 30 times over the past 12 months in an attempt to work out a future media rights deal that all conference members found suitable. During this time, we had multiple media partners spend months discussing media deals only to drop out at the last minute, mostly due to the rapidly changing sports media environment.
    On Tuesday, Commissioner George Kliavkoff presented the Board of Directors with an innovative and forward-looking partnership proposal with Apple. The approach proposed by Apple was a subscription-based model that would utilize Apple TV for streaming athletic contests. This model carried with it an opportunity to significantly grow the revenue coming into each school over the next several years. As an Apple user and enthusiast, I looked forward to seeing how we could integrate Pac 12 sports into the Apple environment — similar to what they have successfully achieved with Major League Soccer.
    The guaranteed annual money from this proposal was not at the current level of support that all schools receive, but there was a general acknowledgment that streaming Pac 12 media was clearly the direction media consumption was going. After several board meetings and robust discussion among all nine schools, we finished our board meeting on Thursday evening with a strong feeling of staying together, pursuing a new partnership with Apple, and moving forward with conference expansion.
    On Friday morning, we were shocked when the University of Washington and the University of Oregon announced they had accepted Big 10 invitations. I genuinely felt that on Friday morning we would sign the needed paperwork, finalize the deal with Apple, and move the Pac 12 toward a new and brighter future.
    Immediately after the decision, Pat Chun and I started reaching out to colleagues around the nation to start working on options for Cougar Athletics. We talked with multiple conference commissioners, presidents and chancellors, athletic directors, and other leaders in college athletics. These efforts continued through the weekend — and will continue until we find a suitable home for Washington State athletics. I am in regular contact with the leaders from the remaining Pac 12 schools and will continue to do so moving forward.
    Because these conversations are often confidential, we are not able to provide updates on whom we are talking to and when. At this point, we are pursuing every possible opportunity to ensure that we have multiple options moving forward.
    I will be standing up a small group of faculty, staff, athletic administrators, and student leaders to provide feedback on conference options for WSU as our pathway forward becomes more clear in the days and weeks ahead. This group will be announced to the Cougar community by the end of the week.
    I know many of you are angry and upset by the situation WSU finds itself in — and it is tempting to lash out. As President of WSU, my responsibility at this time is to work with Pat Chun on as many options as possible for Cougar Athletics moving forward — taking into account things like institutional fit, geography and travel costs, competitiveness, and financial security.
    What can you do to help?
    • Regardless of our future conference affiliation, I ask that you continue to support our 600+ WSU student-athletes, other fans, and our coaches.
    • Embrace our new future as college athletics continues to go through significant and unprecedented changes.
    • Be patient as we explore our next conference affiliation — and know that we want to take the time to find the right place for Cougar Athletics.

Whatever solution we come up with, it will be different moving forward. Washington State has been a member of the same athletic conference since 1917, which has served us very well over the past 106 years. I ask for your support over the coming days, weeks, and months as we work diligently to find the right home for Cougar Athletics.
    Tl,dr
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chief Cuog:

Dear Cuog Village,

What can you do to help?

Tl,dr
    Me neither, I just read sad cougar tears in the thread that it was linked in.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Chief Cuog:

Dear Cuog Village,

What can you do to help?

Interesting how on Friday, the WSU statement said they planned for multiple scenarios and in this statement, it sounds they were caught off guard and immediately started reaching out to other schools/conferences for help.

I’m not saying those things are mutually exclusive but the tone of the statements is much different. This statement is basically a TLDR way of saying “we fucked!”
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'm shocked that he was shocked that UW & Oregon decided to LEAVE the conference.

Sounds like we found canzano's source. When every other outlet was zigging, he zagged hard.