Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Noted historian weighs in

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    All the usual cringe tard media types hate this move for UW.

Danny O'Neille is probably still screaming at husky fans on Twitter right now.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    TheHB said:

Just when you think you’ve heard the stupidest take from Fetters, you hear something even stupider.

Don’t ever stop being you, Chris. Dumbfucks like you make assholes like me feel pretty good about ourselves.

The definitive post on this topic
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,945 Founders Club

In a perfect world USC and UCLA stays and everyone makes 50 million

Sink or swim

This was the better course of action. USC didn't need to money. Just a good corch and path to the CFP.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958

UW was in severe danger of not mattering anymore. And UW has been fine at fucking up, for decades, without outside help.

This move ensures they will be in a league that will be near or at top for $ for years. They gave up - perhaps - slightly better chance at basically a G5 playoff bid, for a couple years, for potentially enough $ to keep mattering.

Larry Scott and the idiots who believed in him killed this shit; USCLA just put a date on the tombstone.

Maybe the progrum will still suck, but it'll be fun and "either way it will be interesting"

Cheers--

I get this, but I tend to fall back to old school on playoffs. If you can't get by Michigan and Buck, then you're not natty material. Trying to back door a natty is unmanly.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

haie said:

This season matters

Coaches and players love the move because it's payday baby

No one has more conference history than I do but there have been 5 different versions since I was born

And fuck the Pac 9 anyway

It wasn't a Pac anything with fucking Utah in it.
    Frankly, I always thought Colorado was retarded as well. They should have been in the B12 years ago. Nebraska in the B10 is also dumb. B12 for them as well.

The traditional B10 and the Pac defectors make sense because of historic ties to the Rose Bowl. Former Big 8 teams are misfits in both conferences. Colorado will now get back to recrooting Texas heavy and might then return to decency.
    Colorado was in the Big 8/12
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Victim-blaming

tbh pac-12 did serve to get guillotined for hiring larry scoot
    And keeping him.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

Victim-blaming

tbh pac-12 did serve to get guillotined for hiring larry scoot
    And keeping him.
    who the fuck are you?????
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I hope the east coasters will stay up to watch the B1Gafterdark -

and fuck fat fucking Fetters
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam

The upside for UW football is massive, it's precisely on-brand for Fetters to give this debbie downer take.

Fact: UW's media profile has been absolutely anemic for about 20 years. The actually good 5 stars in WA can't wait to get out of the state because who the fuck wants to watch UW play Cal or ASU on tv at 2 am on the east coast? In front of a half empty stadium?

UW has always been invisible to the national media, even moreso since the Oregon marketing machine has revved up.

When you get in a true power conference you get hyped up by national media. You get respect, you get eyeballs.

After UW blows out Penn St. or Michigan in a rocking Husky stadium in a primo broadcast slot the nation will be sucking our dicks.

Bingo

Recruiting just got instantly better, as did branding, as did academis, as did tv ratings, as did the payout
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300

I’m not a Pac12 fan. I’m a fucking Washington fan.

So I guess this isn’t your house in Laurelhurst