Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DeBoer Just Drew His First Coaching Rumor — Here's Why It Won't Be the Last

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    technically terrible writing skills
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,538 Swaye's Wigwam
    First thing I thought of when I saw that NW fired Pat Fitzgerald TUFF.

He didn't want the Purdue and Nebraska jobs, otherwise he would have forced Jen to give him a real raise.

Northwestern is a harder job than Stanford, no clue who their candidate pool will even be. They probably can't even poach Jonathan Smith.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wasn’t he rumored to Nebraska classy last year?

I didn’t read the article as always🤷‍♂️
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

Kalen DeBoer to the Seattle Storm!

Hardy har har

Wherever Pup is, he’s shaking a fist in rage.

Wasn’t he rumored to Nebraska classy last year?

I didn’t read the article as always🤷‍♂️

It was his "dream job, and the only school he'd leave Washington for" even.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,584
    haie said:

He didn't want the Purdue and Nebraska jobs, otherwise he would have forced Jen to give him a real raise.

Northwestern is a harder job than Stanford, no clue who their candidate pool will even be. They probably can't even poach Jonathan Smith.

Beav is a better job than NW
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Absolutely.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Absolutely.
    It's not like they would fire you for losing there. Not the worst gig if they pay you well. I don't know the in's and out's of nw football, but it seems like they care more than Stanford over the last few years. They had as much success as anyone in the west division outside of Wisconsin I think at first glance. That's not saying much as that division is terrible. But still.

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Absolutely.
    It's not like they would fire you for losing there. Not the worst gig if they pay you well. I don't know the in's and out's of nw football, but it seems like they care more than Stanford over the last few years. They had as much success as anyone in the west division outside of Wisconsin I think at first glance. That's not saying much as that division is terrible. But still.
    Seems like it's terrible to recruit there compared to Beavlet.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,456 Founders Club
    edited July 2023
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Beav is a better job than NW*
    *Unless Beav ends up in the Mountain West
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,942 Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Even then. I'd rather be OSU going into the stronger, scrappy MWC than the corner schools latching onto the carcass of the big 12. It may seem grim at first but will work out better over time.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    haie said:

Elko, the coach at Duke would be my first call.
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Even then. I'd rather be OSU going into the stronger, scrappy MWC than the corner schools latching onto the carcass of the big 12. It may seem grim at first but will work out better over time.
    Yup. NW will be vandy in the expanded big ten. Historically, they are vandy aside from a few spike years (rose bowl team that lost to Keyshawn)

haie said:

Elko, the coach at Duke would be my first call.
    Agreed. They won’t be able to get him after Duke goes 9-3 this year though.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

Quite honestly I didn't know that Shaw left Stanford

He was done years before he left. Not sure if he dgaf or lost complete support from the admin but they sucked.