Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskylawyer is Pro Boner

BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1 First Comment
edited September 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
But who isn't, right?

I don't speak lawyerfag so most of this went right by, but I got the part about Fetters' gunt and had a nice chuckle in the media room in my basement.

This is on the freebird, so I'mma just leave this here:

Re: Staff.. Question on Doogman incident

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scout needs to deal with Doogman. I received this gift from him recently:

Doogman
Subject:you must be a really ****--- lawyer
Sent:Today 7:39 AM PDT
Delete Reply Next Message
Have you ever actually litigated a case in court?

Do you know what it takes to even prove up the elements of the offenses you listed?

Please to be explaining my privity of contract with dawgman, or pretty much any element of the laundry list of bullsh-- offenses you listed.

You must be an insurance defense douchebag or one of those drones that appears in court in uncontested debt-collection cases: "the plaintiff requests a default judgement."

You are seriously the smallest ----- here, and that's saying something, when you consider how much Fatters' gunt covers up.
----

And in response, I don't litigate, I let my b-partner do that. However, my firm has sued a few people who have breached a Website Terms of Service. Scout Terms of Service:http://www.scout.com/3/terms-of-service.html

Content/Activity Prohibited.
The following, in addition to the general rules of conduct described in this Agreement, is a representative list of the kinds of Content that are illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Site or the Scout Services (“Prohibited Content”). Scout reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Scout’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Scout Services and terminating such User’s Agreement (and the right to use the Scout Services). The Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to content that, in the sole discretion of Scout: (i) is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (ii) exploits people in a sexual or violent manner; (iii) contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter not suitable for a public forum or contains a link to an adult website; (iv) solicits personal information from anyone under 18; (v) provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs, email addresses, or other forms of contact information (other than your own User Data provided directly to Scout in the process of registering or subscribing); (vi) contains or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs, movies, tv programs, music, or links to any of the foregoing; (vii) involves the transmission of “junk mail,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” “spamming;” or contains any advertisements or references to other products, offers, or websites; (viii) solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; (ix) interferes with, disrupts, or creates an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site; or (x) attempts to impersonate another User or person.

AND

Indemnity.
You agree to indemnify and hold Scout, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (a) your use of the SITE OR SCOUT SERVICES in violation of this Agreement; (b) your breach of this Agreement; (C) SCOUT’S USE OF YOUR USER DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT; or (D) YOUR User Content.

In such cases, we usually just initiate a John Doe lawsuit, allege breach of contract (as click-wrap and browse wrap agreements (i.e., the Scout Terms of Service) are generally enforceable in the 9th circuit), get a subpoena (send to the ISP where the IP address came from) for the IP address, registration information, web browser details, and other information which 90% of the time allows us to identify the poster. The FUN cases are where the poster uses his/her work computer, so we get the pleasure of contacting the employer, and then the employer fires the employee for using the work computer for stuff like this (sometimes we are nice and ask the employer to be nice as well, but sometimes they don't care ). We pride ourselves in locating individuals who think they are "anonymous" when they send private messages, emails or message board posts, thinking they won't get caught. It is incredibly easy to find anonymous message board users, even if they try to cover their tracks. We are tenacious.

After we find them, they come back and beg forgiveness (as most of the time they can't afford their own lawyer), but we say, "sorry, pay damages and also our attorneys' fees". 90% of the time they do that, and the client happy and we are happy (and I buy something nice with the attorneys' fees payment).

Keep it up Doogman (breaching a contract, distributing copyrighted images, circumventing counter-measures (e.g., creating a new account after being banned), providing false registration information, using a network in violation of terms governing such network, etc., etc. :)

Who knows Chris and Kim. I might do this case pro bono
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=147&f=1367&t=13154444&stm=161338022

I assume this was what sparked Doogman's PM(?) to huskylawyer:

Maybe some of you lawyers (isn't everyone a lawyer on the internet?) can explain this to the rest of us

Comments