Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Prince or Michael Jackson?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince

Thriller sold 67 million alone

The first time I heard Off the Wall my rock albums started gathering dust. Spent the 80s on dance and funk

No one is disputing the brilliance of MJ on Off the Wall or Thriller (although I think Bad was a bit of a letdown) or the commercial success.

My contention is that if you put Prince's complete anthology next to MJ's, Prince's overall body of work is superior. MJ had 2 albums in the 80's. Prince had 9. He was just more prolific.
    No
    12-8 Abuelo.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Michael Jackson
    Not even in the same area code
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Michael Jackson
    Yella, are you trying to say some shit like Little Red Corvette is in the same universe as Thriller or PYT? Come at me, bro.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince

Yella, are you trying to say some shit like Little Red Corvette is in the same universe as Thriller or PYT? Come at me, bro.

1999, Purple Rain, Let's Go Crazy are all in the same universe those songs.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Michael Jackson

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    Prince
    Raspberry Beret needs more love in this discussion.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince

Raspberry Beret needs more love in this discussion.

It's as good as any MJ song
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince

God Bless DDY...

I'm not a MJ hater, but MJ had Off the Wall - which was a bunch of great disco jams with the help of Rod Temperton from Heatwave and our own QJ.

Rock with You was one of the most underrated jams until fucking Justin Timberlake copied it and then it blew again.

Okay, then he has Thriller. Thriller is obviously a really good record... so, no issues there.

Okay - what else?

Bad? Errrr... Smooth Criminal is a good song, The Way you Make me Feel is good, Leave me Alone is pretty fucking good, but Dirty Diana is fucking retarded. Bad is embarrassing. Largely by this point he'd reached self-parody with his 'chamon' and grunts and shit. You can't listen to one of these songs with out him grunting all over it... what the fuck?

The whole 'I'm actually tough' thing was ill-conceived to say the least.

This song is basically a little 60s Bubblegum pop number that is closer to Spanky and Our Gang or something than a number where you should be hanging out and pelvic thrusting with dancers dressed up to look like crips.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Michael Jackson

God Bless DDY...

I'm not a MJ hater, but MJ had Off the Wall - which was a bunch of great disco jams with the help of Rod Temperton from Heatwave and our own QJ.

Rock with You was one of the most underrated jams until fucking Justin Timberlake copied it and then it blew again.

Okay, then he has Thriller. Thriller is obviously a really good record... so, no issues there.

Okay - what else?

Bad? Errrr... Smooth Criminal is a good song, The Way you Make me Feel is good, Leave me Alone is pretty fucking good, but Dirty Diana is fucking retarded. Bad is embarrassing. Largely by this point he'd reached self-parody with his 'chamon' and grunts and shit. You can't listen to one of these songs with out him grunting all over it... what the fuck?

The whole 'I'm actually tough' thing was ill-conceived to say the least.

This song is basically a little 60s Bubblegum pop number that is closer to Spanky and Our Gang or something than a number where you should be hanging out and pelvic thrusting with dancers dressed up to look like crips.
    Everything here is true.

Yet still better than Prince.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Michael Jackson
    Prince fans trying to claim superiority over MJ is like Duck fans trying to act like the superior program because UW only has 1 (half) title from 1992.

Ducks have "The Pick" and a 13-16 bowl game record in the Duck era. Prince has Raspberry Beret and Little Red Corvette. Prince's best moment is actually his Super Bowl halftime performance.

MJ made Thriller which is quite easily the UW natty equivalent.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince

Prince fans trying to claim superiority over MJ is like Duck fans trying to act like the superior program because UW only has 1 (half) title from 1992.

Ducks have "The Pick" and a 13-16 bowl game record in the Duck era. Prince has Raspberry Beret and Little Red Corvette. Prince's best moment is actually his Super Bowl halftime performance.

MJ made Thriller which is quite easily the UW natty equivalent.

Shame on you Anus.

How dare you besmirch our '91 Natty with this terrible analogy!
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,255
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Michael Jackson
    HCH IRL…Sitting at Blewett Brewing in Leavenworth right now, having a few dirty, stinky IPAs…ABC comes on and I chuckle a little…immediately followed by Raspberry Beret…my vote still stands…csb
  • Options
    LaocoönLaocoön Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 529
    Founders Club
    Prince
    I think we have a bit of a ______ brewing!!

https://youtu.be/4gazNwzC4H0
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince
    Fishpo31 said:

HCH IRL…Sitting at Blewett Brewing in Leavenworth right now, having a few dirty, stinky IPAs…ABC comes on and I chuckle a little…immediately followed by Raspberry Beret…my vote still stands…csb

I DRIKIG ranch water and listening to Purple Reign on gear you booftimers can’t afford.

You dweebs with your shitty little Sonos systems should be disqualified from voting.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    Founders Club
    Prince

Fishpo31 said:

I DRIKIG ranch water and listening to Purple Reign on gear you booftimers can’t afford.

You dweebs with your shitty little Sonos systems should be disqualified from voting.

You can have my Sonos system when you pry it from my cold dead hands!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    Prince

Fishpo31 said:

Imagine spending a $100K on an RV and buying a Sonos system. Christ.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    Founders Club
    Prince

Fishpo31 said:

$130K

And

Besides, I’m not an audiophile so the Sonos works perfectly for my needs. Controlled on my phone, played in as many or as rooms in the house as wanted, and an unlimited supply of music.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prince

Fishpo31 said:

$130K

And

Besides, I’m not an audiophile so the Sonos works perfectly for my needs. Controlled on my phone, played in as many or as rooms in the house as wanted, and an unlimited supply of music.
    I'm just breaking your FUPA balls my obese fren. Sonos is a great product for certain needs. It just doesn't get to the heart of the music in the way that audiophile gear does.