Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A grocer can dream

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,746 Standard Supporter

We? are 49-47 against those teams!

Being the Arizona State of the Big 10 will be special.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,839 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Yeah but it's a disproportionate sample where we've faced good B1G teams far more than bad B1G teams because of the Rose Bowel (and other bowels).

12 games against tOSU, 2 against Rutgers.

13 against Michigan, 1 against Maryland.

@Sandra6
    You've bullied me into agreeing with you! We? aren't ASU!
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,473 Swaye's Wigwam
    Actually 50-47 so it's kind of a domination

Definitely more teams in the current Big that UW should typically never lose to in Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, NW, Purdue. Compared to the PAC teams UW should never lose to it's only Cougs, Beav, Zona.

Alot more top and bottom end teams in the BIG
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

Looks like Wisconsin will be our? Washington
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,466 Founders Club

Away B10 Homecoming Games will be fun to witness at their stadiums
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

Imagine a super conference - call it the "Union" - with the best of the Pac and Best of the Big 10, plus ND. All the little sisters of the pour need to get the boot.

Same thing with the "Confederacy" conference. @SECDAWG needs to get demoted ASAP to play in the Bourbon Bowl.

If the South is trying to rise again, why are we? sending Maryland and Rutgers regiments into the fray.

Good idea. Should bode well…..Puh

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    With the exception of the 1960 Rose Bowl win, UW’s victories against Wisconsin were when the Badgers were one of the worst teams in college football.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,934 Founders Club

TheHB said:

With the exception of the 1960 Rose Bowl win, UW’s victories against Wisconsin were when the Badgers were one of the worst teams in college football.

UW beat Wisconsin in 1992 when Wisconsin went 5-6 and beat #12 Ohio State. The next season Wiscy went 10-1-1 and won the Rose Bowl.

@PurpleBaze was there, in that cultureless, mountainless mess of a midwest state.
    Wisconsin bought out the return game in 93 because Alverez was scared. The 92 game was the home opener after the natty.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,803 Founders Club

TheHB said:

UW beat Wisconsin in 1992 when Wisconsin went 5-6 and beat #12 Ohio State. The next season Wiscy went 10-1-1 and won the Rose Bowl.

@PurpleBaze was there, in that cultureless, mountainless mess of a midwest state.
    Like Race, I was at the 92 game. I remember Wisconsin played the Huskies Pat Hill Tuff. The funny thing is that, up until then, I didn't know much of anything about Wisconsin football.

I remember their fans being rather boisterous, while sporting their striped overalls.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,803 Founders Club
    I don't remember any of 'em looking like this. It was mostly your typical fat, Midwestern, middle-aged guysm & gals. @IrishDawg22 would have been happy.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

TheHB said:

Wisconsin bought out the return game in 93 because Alverez was scared. The 92 game was the home opener after the natty.
    Alvarez was a good coach and built that thing. But he was also a huge pussy that wouldn't play anyone for years inflating their win totals. I remember neuheisel embarrassing him when he was at Colorado. Kansas state did the same thing for a long time.