Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

FOX THREATENS To Sue Tucker Carlson For New Twitter Show After Episode Gets Over 80 MILLION Views

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Sounds like “conservatives” want to throw out non-competes. I’m okay with it, but I remember when “freedom of contract” was a big conservative value.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Sounds like “conservatives” want to throw out non-competes. I’m okay with it, but I remember when “freedom of contract” was a big conservative value.

Restricting competition is a benchmark Left-Wing value equally valued with censorship, another anti-competitive value.

You mother-fuckers hate competition or alternative viewpoints, Faggot.

HHusky said:

Restricting competition is a benchmark Left-Wing value equally valued with censorship, another anti-competitive value.

I've spent most of my practice life attacking non-competes. Of course, I was representing normal people who didn't have enormous bargaining power and high-priced legal help when they signed the fucking things.

I see how your heart bleeds for the fish stick millionaire, who actually had people negotiating on his behalf.

Nice work, TurdForBrains.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I've spent most of my practice life attacking non-competes. Of course, I was representing normal people who didn't have enormous bargaining power and high-priced legal help when they signed the fucking things.

I see how your heart bleeds for the fish stick millionaire, who actually had people negotiating on his behalf.

How is Tucker competing with Fox? Didn't see any MyPillow ads on Tucker's twitter.
    edited June 2023

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

How is Tucker competing with Fox? Didn't see any MyPillow ads on Tucker's twitter.
    He's free to make the argument that he isn't competing and/or violating his non-compete. We'll have to see how it's written. But are you really going to deny that he took Fox viewers with him?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,201 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

He's free to make the argument that he isn't competing and/or violating his non-compete. We'll have to see how it's written. But are you really going to deny that he took Fox viewers with him?
    Does Fox own its viewers or something?
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

He didn't take anything. They left after he was fired. Go look at the ratings. Wasn't like Tucker quit on Friday and opened up on Twitter on Monday.
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

No. If businesses owned their customers, the rationale behind non-competes would essentially disappear.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

In that case they must be incredibly easy to break

#ambulancechaser

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

In that case they must be incredibly easy to break

#ambulancechaser
    Who says he won them?
    edited June 2023

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

He didn't take anything. They left after he was fired. Go look at the ratings. Wasn't like Tucker quit on Friday and opened up on Twitter on Monday.
    Whether his noncompete bars him from competing if he is fired isn't something either of us knows at this point. You can bet that if this went to trial Fox would offer evidence that his "new" viewers include his (and Fox's) former viewers. You don't doubt that that's true, do you?
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Whether his noncompete bars him from competing if he is fired isn't something either of us knows at this point. You can bet that if this went to trial Fox would offer evidence that his "new" viewers include his (and Fox's) former viewers. You don't doubt that, do you?
    How would that be accomplished?
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Whether his noncompete bars him from competing if he is fired isn't something either of us knows at this point. You can bet that if this went to trial Fox would offer evidence that his "new" viewers include his (and Fox's) former viewers. You don't doubt that, do you?
    Survey evidence. Expert testimony and stats.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Typical Lefty-Liberal: Spends his life attacking non-competes and losing a lot. Then jumps ship like Benedict Arnold to the other side when they're used against someone he dislikes.

Nice to see such ideological consistency, you cheap whore.
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

No. If businesses owned their customers, the rationale behind non-competes would essentially disappear.
    You don't need a Non-Compete to protect your customers, dummy.

Jesus, you must be the shittiest lawyer on Earth if you don't know that.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Typical Lefty-Liberal: Spends his life attacking non-competes and losing a lot. Then jumps ship like Benedict Arnold to the other side when they're used against someone he dislikes.

Carlson vs. Fox is Iran vs. North Korea for me. I don't give a shit. I'm just watching for the bloodshed.

I'm just amused at the "freedom of contract" crowd getting weepy about Tucker's "plight". Especially since any noncompete was undoubtedly specifically negotiated. That's not true when we're talking about mere mortals.
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sure they could try, wouldn't be effective at all.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Carlson vs. Fox is Iran vs. North Korea for me. I don't give a shit. I'm just watching for the bloodshed.

I'm just amused at the "freedom of contract" crowd getting weepy about Tucker's "plight". Especially since any noncompete was undoubtedly specifically negotiated. That's not true when we're talking about mere mortals.
    Watching from the sidelines is the perfect place for you, while real lawyers do the lawyering.

Agreed.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Watching from the sidelines is the perfect place for you, while real lawyers do the lawyering.

Agreed.
    I'm not a member of the New York Bar Ass'n. In light of that, the sidelines are mandatory for me.

Shouldn't you be at a Populists for Multi-Millionaires rally or something?
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sure they could try, wouldn't be effective at all.
    We'll probably never find out anyway.