Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA starts tonight. Who ya got?

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,441
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

When I first saw Jokic a few years back I called him a beer league center. As a compliment really. He didn't look the part but he was the guy in the pick up game with a beer gut who had all the skills and you'd wonder how the fuck he was so good

He's really turned into something

He always was something. But it took 2 MVP’s, a social justice screw job and a Championship run for most to notice.
    When was the social Justice screw job? This year? Jokic is better than Embiid but averaging 33 on a 54 win is MVP worthy.
    Less social justice although some commentators mentioned it. The bigger reality was more fatigue from giving it to a guy 3 straight years. It's why players like shaq, Jordan, Duncan, and lbj have less mvp's than they should.
    Sure, if you're a Noogget like Salem-KKKeizer and that's your argument, then fine.

But the NBA isn't giving Embiid the trophy just because he mildly whined a year ago and Kendrick Perkins thinks the voters are too white.

I mean, if Lillard gets drafted by the 76er's or Knicks he probably has one MVP. It's not a serious thing and neither is the regular season.
    Totally on board with your 2nd paragraph. But help me understand the first. Do you believe that Embiid was the legit MVP?
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Kaepsknee said:

When I first saw Jokic a few years back I called him a beer league center. As a compliment really. He didn't look the part but he was the guy in the pick up game with a beer gut who had all the skills and you'd wonder how the fuck he was so good

He always was something. But it took 2 MVP’s, a social justice screw job and a Championship run for most to notice.
    When was the social Justice screw job? This year? Jokic is better than Embiid but averaging 33 on a 54 win is MVP worthy.
    I guess my biggest problem is crowning regular Season ass.

I can’t really debate what you say though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

Less social justice although some commentators mentioned it. The bigger reality was more fatigue from giving it to a guy 3 straight years. It's why players like shaq, Jordan, Duncan, and lbj have less mvp's than they should.
    Sure, if you're a Noogget like Salem-KKKeizer and that's your argument, then fine.

But the NBA isn't giving Embiid the trophy just because he mildly whined a year ago and Kendrick Perkins thinks the voters are too white.

I mean, if Lillard gets drafted by the 76er's or Knicks he probably has one MVP. It's not a serious thing and neither is the regular season.
    Totally on board with your 2nd paragraph. But help me understand the first. Do you believe that Embiid was the legit MVP?
    I'm saying an MVP trophy for NBA regular season, where superstars take themselves out of stretches of games, isn't even worth getting upset over.

Give the MVP at the end of the playoffs. You don't have to win it to get the award, but let's include the part of the season where guys are sacrificing themselves and playing defense.

Because we aren't giving the trophy to players on non-plauoff teams anyways.
  • Options
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

I'm saying an MVP trophy for NBA regular season, where superstars take themselves out of stretches of games, isn't even worth getting upset over.

Give the MVP at the end of the playoffs. You don't have to win it to get the award, but let's include the part of the season where guys are sacrificing themselves and playing defense.

On board.
  • Options
    But Man. Miamis undrafted and Bench were ca$h again after they did squadoosh on Thursday.

And everyone but the Joker was twash for Denver. Miami made the adjustment of letting him score and not dish to open shooters and cutters. Worked tonight. But Malone is a good corch too. So I suspect a little different offense from #stillmynuggies in regards to different screens at different positions at different times in the shot clock.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saw something about Lillard wanting Miami or Brooklyn. He is the piece they need. Portland is dumb enough to take Herro or whatever the fuck twash in return.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,162
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like Denver tonight
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,776

I like Denver tonight

Courage.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Has Jimmy always been a huge flopper? Dude is embarrassing to watch. I don’t watch a lot of eastern conf games and always liked him. But trying to win a title this way is soft
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    ntxduck said:

Has Jimmy always been a huge flopper? Dude is embarrassing to watch. I don’t watch a lot of eastern conf games and always liked him. But trying to win a title this way is soft

Yeah, not a fan of his game either.

Look for Portland to take all of Miami's white players, plus their shit draft slot, in return for Dame this summer.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

Look for Portland to take all of Miami's white players, plus their shit draft slot, in return for Dame this summer.
    Good. At this point I’d like a nail in the coffin RE me caring about that franchise. It’s funny that Dame wants out after he insisted they hire his guy as HC, who is easily the worst coach in the league
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Good. At this point I’d like a nail in the coffin RE me caring about that franchise. It’s funny that Dame wants out after he insisted they hire his guy as HC, who is easily the worst coach in the league
    And he wanted Jeramy Grant, who you can see why he's on his 4th or 5th team.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm hearing the Blazers are a legacy franchise, though. Seattle hasn't had a team going on 15 years and still has a more recent Final appearance, as well as actually winning the title.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm hearing the Blazers are a legacy franchise, though. Seattle hasn't had a team going on 15 years and still has a more recent Final appearance, as well as actually winning the title.

Is that what you're hearing?

Because I'm seeing that even after renovating Key Arena, Seattle still doesn't have a team and the NBA continues to give zero fucks about that.
  • Options
    The Throbber despises the ESPN crew doing the pre game/halftime show.

That is all. For now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Throbber despises the ESPN crew doing the pre game/halftime show.

That is all. For now.

You don't enjoy Stephen A making it all about Stephen A?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    More pathetic flopping from the heat tonight. Maybe if they flop more they can keep it within 13 at home?
  • Options
    I like Denver tonight.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

The only problem with that is they would always give it to the best player from the team that won the trophy.