Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,856
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,550
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Incredible montage.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So this is the bullshit H posted

They’re a cadre of academics and scientists who pushed a discredited solution to the COVID pandemic, shunning masks, school closings, even vaccines, all in the name of reaching the elusive goal of “herd immunity,” resulting in what may have been hundreds of thousands of unnecessary American deaths.

What happened was mask mandates, vaccine mandates, and lockdowns

For necessary deaths I guess

What a fucking lightweight
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    Don't forget shoving the infected in with the elderly...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:
    I read it. I, for one, appreciate divergent opinion.

Today, more than three years after COVID first appeared, the U.S. still has not achieved herd immunity although it is nearing the goal, in the view of Robert Wachter, chair of the department of medicine at UC San Francisco. The disease’s trajectory has been cataclysmic—the U.S. death toll stands at 1.13 million, hundreds of children have died, and an estimated 245,000 children have lost one or both parents to COVID. The U.S. leads the world in COVID deaths; its death rate of 3,478 per million population is worse than that of Britain, Spain, France, the Nordic countries, Canada and Israel.

The article goes on to criticize opinions and suggestions that ran counter to governmental policies that produced the results noted above.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Today, more than three years after COVID first appeared, the U.S. still has not achieved herd immunity although it is nearing the goal, in the view of Robert Wachter, chair of the department of medicine at UC San Francisco. The disease’s trajectory has been cataclysmic—the U.S. death toll stands at 1.13 million, hundreds of children have died, and an estimated 245,000 children have lost one or both parents to COVID. The U.S. leads the world in COVID deaths; its death rate of 3,478 per million population is worse than that of Britain, Spain, France, the Nordic countries, Canada and Israel.

The article goes on to criticize opinions and suggestions that ran counter to governmental policies that produced the results noted above.
    That's what I said but not nearly as dryly and well as you did

Kudos

• Options
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

That's what I said but not nearly as dryly and well as you did

Kudos

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,834
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

No one over counted Covid deaths like the US. Plus none of the comp countries have a comorbidity rate that approaches the US. Masks and lockdowns didn't work. If you were in the danger group, then you were free to self-isolate or lose some weight. Have we achieved herd immunity from the common cold or the flu? I appreciate divergent opinions provided they are backed with some facts. Million of kids suffered the loss of early self-development skills due to masks and socialization deprivation. The hundreds of kids that died all had a serious comorbidity. As was posted, Israel didn't have one death under 50 who didn't have a serious comorbidity. Did the opinion discuss the US government blackout on preventatives and early treatment? Rhetorical question.

The Great Barrington declaration was criticized by the "let it rip" lie. They said protect the vulnerable. Then toss in the economic devastation, uneducated kids, the missed cancers, the missed medical treatment, the increase in drug and alcohol use and the suicides.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Another gem
    The declaration’s promoters, Howard writes, never specified how to achieve their goals. Delivering food and supplies to millions of housebound seniors? In a Hoover Institution interview, Bhattacharya said, “We could have offered free DoorDash to older people.”

As Howard observes, Bhattacharya was remarkably sanguine about “creating a program overnight to deliver fresh food to tens of millions of seniors for months on end throughout the entire country.”

So, there's a hypothetical problem delivering food to 10s of millions. I wonder if that is a greater problem than the light-switch lockdowns on roughly March 15, 2020 that created the same need for hundreds of millions.

Journalists can put their efforts to whatever they choose. I wonder, however, if that would be better spent investigating what actually happened versus what some suggested should have happened.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think it's clear that no apologies are forthcoming
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I think it's clear that no apologies are forthcoming

Also clear that they will keep lying and phucking strawman ass.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2023
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/69801/time-to-man-up-place-your-bets-on-the-number

WestlinnDuck Member Posts: 11,980
    Standard Supporter
    March 2020 in Tug Tavern
    Of course, the counselor, dodo and scotty are excused. 80,000 offed in the 2017-2018 flu season.

I'm going with 20,000 by next October.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'll admit that the actual deaths from covid were in excess of 20,000 by October 2020. But they are a fraction of the official listing. The actual number of healthy people killed under 60 is in line with the flu. Your team was wrong about the lockdowns and the vaxx. Protect the unhealthy and keep on keeping on.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Deaths stopped mattering in January 2021

Hope this helps H
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2023
    They had the balls to post 0 flu deaths on the scoreboard in 2021 and H ate it up. Embarrassing lack of logic.