Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky get togethers later this year

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Okay, so we're going to have two get togethers for 2023.

We will have one on Thursday, November 9th prior to the Utah game. Our pod @89ute will be coming to town and staying with @Laocoön I believe. So that one is set in stone. Probably at The Duchess.

The other one will either be in August or September. In the past when I've organized get togethers in the summer they are not as well-attended. So I am leaning toward a Friday night in September. Perhaps the Friday prior to the Cal game (Sept 23)? Maybe in the Issaquah area. Open to suggestions.

Of note, some of our regular attendees from past years are now living out of state. (@CFetters_Nacho_Lover, @YellowSnow, @Doog_de_Jour, @El_K, @PurpleJ)

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    edited May 2023

The other one will either be in August or September. In the past when I've organized get togethers in the summer they are not as well-attended. So I am leaning toward a Friday night in September. Perhaps the Friday prior to the Cal game (Sept 23)? Maybe in the Issaquah area. Open to suggestions.

I'm not super familiar with all things Issaquah, but I went to Formula Brewing a couple years ago and thought it was good.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

We will have one on Thursday, November 9th prior to the Utah game. Our pod @89ute will be coming to town and staying with @Laocoön I believe. So that one is set in stone. Probably at The Duchess.

Of note, some of our regular attendees from past years are now living out of state. (@CFetters_Nacho_Lover, @YellowSnow, @Doog_de_Jour, @El_K, @PurpleJ)

Thoughts?

Nothing’s changed with me.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Thoughts?

Nothing’s changed with me.

Sad. The West Bellevue lifestyle ain't what it used to be.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some non attendees are now in state

Even more sad.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

I'll see you guys in Gorst at The Wig Wam!

Hopefully it'll be a dirty, rainy night.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 780
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hopefully my recommended renovations to the glory hole at the Duchess will be in place in time for the meet up. It was a little tight for @PurpleBaze so some expansion, and a mint dispenser are added.

I for one to discussing some New Wave with @Laocoön
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hate Utah too much to be a part of any of that.

Probably get drunk at my brother in laws house in Wallingford and then directly after the game will try to get served at Shultzy's after (hit or miss, definitely miss after the Stanford game this year) and then straight to hotel room.

Losing to Utah is pretty much as bad as losing to Montana or Boise at home.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    How about a group tour to MOLDOVA! ??

• Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thoughts?

1. Invite Griswold, Fatters and Ektard to come talk "Husky Football and Recruiting" at the prestigious East Side Leopard Lodge, honorable Howard "LIl' Chip" Cunningham III, Grand Poobah

2. Blow smoke up Ken's skirt by saying, "We'll also pay the other two guys an honorarium because it's the right thing to do, but to be honest the membership really just wants to hear the inside info you can't possibly share on the message boards because only like 2-3 people in the whole world know it

3. Ask Ken for catering and wine recommendations

4. Let Ken know that — with his approval — there will be an autograph and photo session afterward for the members to chat with "The CEO" and learn more about sausage fests "how the sausage is made"

Just a starting point of course.

Leopard Lodge members may have additional ideas

• Options
    LaocoönLaocoön Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 529
    Founders Club

Thoughts?

Can confirm!! @89ute arrives early that morning. He is really looking forward to hanging out with all of us degenerates once again.

@YellowSnow should try to make it up for the gayme. 89ute even offered that you could stay with him at the Airbnb I booked for him. 😉

This is going to be a good tim!! Looking forward to hanging out with my HH acquaintances....old & new.
  • Options
    ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    iDawg said:

Some non attendees are now in state

With the advances in AI and Re-Animator technologies, a dead person may consider attending too.
    Brents!! True?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Calling David Dawg and SLBOB ...