Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most infamous Lake Union Captain's hat wearing in UW Athletics history?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Most infamous Lake Union Captain's hat wearing in UW Athletics history? 40 votes

Jack "Cobra" Browing
50%
DerekJohnsonSwayePostGameOrangeSlicesBennyBeaverPurpleBazeMad_SondtdAtomicDawgdncThe_UndertakerhaiewhatshouldicareabouthuskyhooliganNorwegianHuskyBleachedAnusDawgRDRJoeEDangerouslyJamaican_CigarSanchohopeless 20 votes
KJ Ramming Speed
50%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonwhlinderTheHBPurpleThrobberntxduckLebamDawgSourcesQuietcowskeeWilliams3theknowledgeYellowSnowFireCohendannarcPawgDawg1to392831weretakenCanadawgbooker14TheRoarOfTheCrowdDoogerMcFarland 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KJ Ramming Speed
    Shout out to @dnc for being the chinspiration for my poll idear.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Jack "Cobra" Browing

dnc said:

Rammnig won't even be a footnote in UW history. Captain Brownsocks will forever be a legend.

Captain Brownsocks is just a goofy QB who didn't have the physical tools to overcome the talent gap vis-a-via an Alabama or Ohio State. But as @Tequilla would say to @RaceBannon , "Ana Mari Cauce doesn't pick the starting QB".

KJ Ramming on the other hand is far more symbolic of our institutional rot, and I might add: the decline in Western Civilization in general.
    I don't disagree.

Butt still, the doog world will little note, nor long remember that she was here.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club
    Jack "Cobra" Browing

The hate for Browning is stupid. Won a shitload of games and did way more good than bad. Most of the shit he gets is for "big dick/gunslinger" reasons that are the same kind of FS as recruiting "elite" star chasing. Even with the most pessimistic rearview look at Browning, there were still a lot of ups, like 70-21 and being the QB for the Sark implosion (albeit that was a defense/Gaskin special), etc.

Ramming? ZERO upside. Browning destroyed Oregon twice. Ramming WAS Oregon, even when she worked for UW AD.

He was a symptom. Petersen was the issue for not bringing in any competition.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2023
    KJ Ramming Speed

The hate for Browning is stupid. Won a shitload of games and did way more good than bad. Most of the shit he gets is for "big dick/gunslinger" reasons that are the same kind of FS as recruiting "elite" star chasing. Even with the most pessimistic rearview look at Browning, there were still a lot of ups, like 70-21 and being the QB for the Sark implosion (albeit that was a defense/Gaskin special), etc.

Ramming? ZERO upside. Browning destroyed Oregon twice. Ramming WAS Oregon, even when she worked for UW AD.

I never "hated" Browning and appreciate that he was the QB who won the Pac 12 twice for us in 4 tries.

I did "hate" his limitations and one can only dream of what we could have done with a Big Dick QB like BPE in 2016.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Jack "Cobra" Browing
    Peak off-season, attained.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Jack "Cobra" Browing

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KJ Ramming Speed
    Ramming's ass takes it
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Jack "Cobra" Browing

Ramming's ass takes it

an ass so flat it might inverse itself and create a black hole
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KJ Ramming Speed

Ramming's ass takes it

One of the great all time @MikeDamone rants!
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Jack "Cobra" Browing
    I had a hypothetical about Browning I was going to pose on the last pod but I’ll save it for next time
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2023
    KJ Ramming Speed
    dnc said:

Rammnig won't even be a footnote in UW history. Captain Brownsocks will forever be a legend.

I will also add that Captain Brownsocks is more "accessible" generally speaking to the average Doog. So perhaps more iconic in this respeck.

Captain Ramming takes a certain level of creepy, Insta stalking that most Doogs aren't gonna do.

But still, the level of disgust that KJ Ramming hire produced is hard to overstate.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    Founders Club
    KJ Ramming Speed

Ramming's ass takes it

an ass so flat it might inverse itself and create a black hole
    No ass >>> no chin
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KJ Ramming Speed

• Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nothing else matters POTD