Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something to ruminate on (2022 UW Huskies)

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Has there ever been a time in college football history where a team won 11 games and had NOBODY drafted in the subsequent NFL Draft?

It's remarkable if you think about it.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    Yes, if you think about FCS, DII, DIII, and NAIA
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club

The 1925 Huskies

They went 10-1-1
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,379
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    That was a tuff USS Lincoln skwad
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I'm going to get skewered, but we were a soft 11-2.

I'll die on this hill, the Defense was SO bad. The defensive coaches are straight liability as far as i'm concerned, particularly DB.

I don't think it can get any worse, if there isn't a crazy improvement by the end of OOC play, then everyone needs to be fired and you roll the dice with whatever GA is waiting in the wings.

I tend to agree.

But we had grit and got better as the season went along.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Has there ever been a time in college football history where a team won 11 games and had NOBODY drafted in the subsequent NFL Draft?

It's remarkable if you think about it.

Over achieving is much better than under
  • Options
    Founders Club

Defense got better as the year went on, and after the shit show in the desert I recall that there were always positive adjustments made at halftime of every game.

Team was injured there too
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I'll die on this hill, the Defense was SO bad. The defensive coaches are straight liability as far as i'm concerned, particularly DB.

I don't think it can get any worse, if there isn't a crazy improvement by the end of OOC play, then everyone needs to be fired and you roll the dice with whatever GA is waiting in the wings.

Nah. We went down to Tejas and gutted out a win against a skwad that gave Bama and others even tougher games.

Peterlips loses that game
    A big dick swinging QB that even @MikeDamone could be proud of covers a lot of warts.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2023
    Texas w/ Bijan Robinson and the other RB that were drafted win that game. I was there.

It was a great win, but that wasn't the same Texas that played Bama.

Edit to say we still could win that game, but it wasn't some dominate game against a fully loaded squad.

Agree that Petersen loses it w/ all other factors remaining the same.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Texas w/ Bijan Robinson and the other RB that were drafted win that game. I was there.

It was a great win, but that wasn't the same Texas that played Bama.

Meh. Our run D was good.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2023
    Doogles said:

We can Doog all we want about the optics of 11-2, top 10, Alamo Bowl Champs, but if the D doesn't improve significantly it's likely our record takes a step back, even with the returning firepower.

We won pretty much every coin flip we needed to win to get to 11-2. And I'll rephrase, when I say soft, I don't mean the team is soft, just that the record is soft and wouldn't hold up well if you simulated the season 100x.

The next step is beating the shit out of competent teams and having the reserves play the 4th quarter, The coaches on D need to figure it out. Cal, WSU, Oregon ST., Oregon, Texas are all games with alternate endings. Anytime it's a 1 possession game deep into the 4th it's no bueno.

Meh again.

Peterlips beat the fucking shit out of the weaklings in the conference. Oregon and other teams with a pulse gave him problems.

Winners win. DeBoer won, a lot, even against the good teams (UCLA, the defense was really beat up, I think we win that later in the year).

I usually agree with your takes but Im not buying the soft record hawt talk. They but down an angry boov and derailed an Orygun Rose Bowl season in Eugene.

That aint soft, and neither is beating Texas in that fucking hellhole of a state (sorry Texas doogs, Im not a fan)
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Agree. The defense sucked last year but injuries led to the ASU and UCLA debacles.

For being so helpless for much of the year the Defense stayed strong mentally and for some reason nutted up in crunch time.

The winning mindset means a lot with average players.

I think they have better talent this year. If the defense loses more that 2 games it’s tarmac time.